• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sitting here at home working - At my desk I have my windows laptop for work. I have my two iPhones. I have my iMac. All are connected to the same WiFi network. I'm attending a conference meeting using GoToMeeting on my windows laptop where someone is sharing their screen and speaking. While they're speaking I was browsing the web on my iMac.

All of a sudden nothing will load. The safari pages say there is no internet connection. My iPhone even displays a message saying the WiFi network has no internet connection-so I want to use cell? But for some reason-the connection on my laptop doesn't drop and the meeting goes on as normal with no drop-the only difference is it's on VPN.

I go to Comcast's Support Site to see if there is an outage and their site reports an Error 500- Internal Error. I check on Twitter and many people are talking about #comcastoutage https://twitter.com/hashtag/comcastoutage?src=hash

Is anyone else affected by this?

JeffGubb

Giant Bomb
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Cloudflare DNS Root servers were down. It's coming back now.

EO_fVBWUYAEMaCL

StonerSage

Banned
Sep 22, 2019
yes I have been having issues. Just came back for me, my desktop kept refreshing, thought I was being hacked.

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I am affected by this as well. Tried calling and I only get a massive call volume message before being cut off. I'm in Michigan.

Oct 29, 2017
Florida
I'm in Florida and my phone was telling me there was no internet available with either my 5 or 2.4 ghz wifi signals. Tried to check Comcast's site but it told me that service status information was unavailable.

It started working again about fifteen or so minutes ago though.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
My SO works from home and was texting me about troubleshooting the internet being down. Mystery solved!

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I had a freaking outage while screen sharing in a web meeting. Great timing! It seemed to resolve itself within a minute though thankfully.

Deleted member 2085

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also have comcast and I had an outage yesterday.
They said it was gonna take like 3 hours to get it back up and running but fortunately the outage only lasted about a third of that time.