• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
Fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
i agree. i just got comcast again and its unreliable garbage. no lie xfinity hotspots are more reliable than there home service

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
source.gif

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They're straight trash. I switched to AT&T last year. Not a great feeling to go from one mega god corp to another, but Comcast's customer service is just astoundingly bad.

What finally made me do it is when they just straight up started lying to me about stuff. Like no excuses anymore, they would just say stuff that wasn't true, and whenI called them out on it they'd just be like *shrug*

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My favorite part is unlimited data not just being something you can select while on their website. You have to call in and fight with the person on the other end about how much you don't want to pay for TV.

Plus, when there's an outage in your area, their actual outage map doesn't work. Internet was off and on all day earlier this week, and I still have no fucking idea why.

Paying $120 a month for 1Gb down, 30Mb up, unlimited data. The unlimited data alone is $50 a month. This wasn't even through a special they offered me. This was the best deal on their website, and when I called in to get this plan (my previous contract ran out), the woman on the other end of the line told me to hold on, because she could find me a better deal. She came back with the same speeds I was paying for before (400 down, 10 up), and their internet TV thing for $130 a month. I said like 10 times to her, "why would I do that? I don't want TV. The deal on your website is better." And she insisted that it wasn't until I hung up.

Spectrum keeps sending me goddamn spam to sign up for TV or mobile service, but my actual Internet connection is fine.

$50 a month for 400Mbps down, 30Mbps up.
Comcast spells my last name wrong in the mail they send me, even though nowhere in my customer info on their website has it been spelled wrong.

Is that price with a contract and limited data?

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
My favorite part is unlimited data not just being something you can select while on their website. You have to call in and fight with the person on the other end about how much you don't want to pay for TV.

Plus, when there's an outage in your area, their actual outage map doesn't work. Internet was off and on all day earlier this week, and I still have no fucking idea why.

Paying $120 a month for 1Gb down, 30Mb up, unlimited data. The unlimited data alone is $50 a month. This wasn't even through a special they offered me. This was the best deal on their website, and when I called in to get this plan (my previous contract ran out), the woman on the other end of the line told me to hold on, because she could find me a better deal. She came back with the same speeds I was paying for before (400 down, 10 up), and their internet TV thing for $130 a month. I said like 10 times to her, "why would I do that? I don't want TV. The deal on your website is better." And she insisted that it wasn't until I hung up.

Comcast spells my last name wrong in the mail they send me, even though nowhere in my customer info on their website has it been spelled wrong.

3 year contract, no data cap.

OP
OP

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017

Comcrap also spells my name wrong. Is being an incompetent fuckwit a job requirement there?

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
i agree. i just got comcast again and its unreliable garbage. no lie xfinity hotspots are more reliable than there home service
The hotspots are usually actually run on another person's personal router. xfinity is the fucking worst. You have to disable the hotspot ability through the comcast website.

OP
OP

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
LOL the commercial just came on and the customer service lady says they make life simple and easy. They can simply fuck themselves.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Comcast cable is dogshit, they reintroduce features they had years ago and tout them and new, or introduce QoL that was present in Dish Network and Uverse from a decade ago as some groundbreaking thing. Customer Service is horrible

BuryAllen

Oct 28, 2017
Now this is a thread with important information. I hate comcast so much and no other choices where I live so I just get screwed over and over.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, I didn't know this.

Incredibly glad I don't use their hardware.
Woahhhh, really? Do you have a link with instructions on how to disable this by any chance?
i would leave it on personally. it doesnt count against your cap so its useful when your running low.

Oct 25, 2017
Comcast still sucks but i've noticed their internet service has improved tenfold over the last decade. And they always do random speed upgrades. I'd probably choose them over AT&T.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
When I had to cancel my comcast cable my head was swimming with horror stories of them never taking no for an answer on the phone.

So I just took the cable box to a Comcast retail location and told 'em I was canceling there.

Not a peep of protest.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
I've probably only had like 2 or 3 instances of internet outage that has lasted for less than a day in the span of 4-5 years with Comcast so I think that's pretty good. It just sucks that there's a data cap, their plans are pricey and they are really the only option we have in the area. Other ISPs provide significantly slower speeds for almost the same cost.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I thought I hated Comcast until I had to get Spectrum

Oct 27, 2017
I have been going through the same song and dance with them every year for about 15 years if not more. I sign up for a year and they try to jack the rate at the end of it. I call them, press the button to cancel so I go directly to their retention team, and tell them I'm leaving for Frontier Communications. They "look into it" and I "qualify" for another year of a new "special" that keeps my rate the same.
I wish they would just flag my account to avoid this exercise in stupidity.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
They won't do anything to improve customer satisfaction because they're the only ISP available in some areas of the US. Meanwhile, they whine about and try to shut down municipal internet (the solution to their bullshit) because of course they can.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
85.00 in taxes and rental fees for the boxes.

Comcast is.........

I mean seriously, how the fuck do they get away with making people pay rental fees way past the cost of the cable box and modem?

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i concur 1000% percent. fuck them so much

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Wasn't there a company that metered your usage based off data travel through the router? So if you were doing something on home network it counted against monthly total? Was that these peeps?

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
While I'm looking for a new place to move to next year, the one thing I keep asking landlords/properties is whether they have access to fiber or not. I want to go away from comcast so bad but there isn't another provider in this area for broadband.