• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Professionally, mortars have been around a long time. Not sure about for consumer use but I recall them being around in the early 90s personally.My family never used them but people in our neighborhood did, but I don't recall that being very common either

That's probably why I don't remember seeing them.

Just seems like for the past decade or so the expectation for lighting fireworks is setting off a shit ton of "artillery shells". And it's basically every single fireworks party at this point.

Even when you go to buy fireworks or talk about fireworks people are discussing the cost per shell.

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
Too many people underestimate how hot and how explosive fireworks are. I guess it doesn't help that some really absurd explosives are sold at a consumer level.

Chippewa Barr

Aug 8, 2020
So many Latvian hockey players have died in such sudden manners and all pretty young:
  • Pelss (20yo) likely suicide
  • Zoltoks (31yo) heart failure (also former Sens player, my man!)
  • Skrastins (37yo) plane crash that killed the majority of the Lokomotiv KHL team
Now Kivlenieks. Dude was a legend after beating Canada for the first time in Latvian hockey history!

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
That's horrible to hear. Feels like at least one of these happens every 4th of July with non-professionals fucking around with fireworks.

RIP. Gone too soon.