• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Posted by Violence Jack

Hope more states to this to clowns they cant follow simple rules

State health officials on Monday suspended the license of a Castle Rock restaurant that opened to large Mother's Day crowds, a warning to other Colorado eateries that might also consider defying the statewide public health order that limits restaurants to take-out and delivery services.

C&C Coffee and Kitchen presents an "immediate health hazard," Gov. Jared Polis said at a news conference, and its business license will be suspended until it no longer creates a threat to public health — likely for at least 30 days.

"I hope, I pray that nobody falls sick from businesses that chose to violate the law," Polis said when announcing the suspension. "But if the state didn't act and more businesses followed suit, it's a near guarantee that people would lose their lives and it would further delay the opening of legitimate businesses."

The eatery remained open Monday afternoon despite the suspension and an order from the Tri-County Health Department to shut down. Customers continued to dine there, with some saying they wanted to show support for the restaurant.

"It is disheartening that this restaurant has chosen to move ahead of the public orders and not even consider implementing best practices to prevent the spread of COVID-19," John Douglas, Tri-County's executive director, said in a statement announcing the closure order.

www.denverpost.com

Colorado suspends license of Castle Rock restaurant that defied coronavirus public health order

Owners Jesse and April Arellano said they reopened the restaurant as a service to the community after receiving emails from customers who were tired of being cooped up and wanted to celebrate Mothe…

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Guess these people are gonna find out if the virus is a hoax like dear leader wants them to believe. Morons.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Now watch the owner getting a gig at FoxNaz... eurrrr FoxNews.

LastCaress

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Fuck yeah I'm afraid, it's a deadly virus that has killed over 250000 worldwide. I'm also not going to drive with my eyes closed just to show how brave I am. What the fuck is wrong with people.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
What the hell is wrong with a sizable portion of Americans? They're uniquely selfish in the world community.

The whole country will end up paying for this.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
A single man in SK spawned 100 cases after clubhopping.

Karen's and their spawn who needed Mother's Day brunch will infect more.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit.

Seriously, charge these people. I don't understand why we're not throwing people in jail who illegally defy orders.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
you have people like this everywhere, there are millions here in Canada that feel the same way, and it really pisses me off.

all they see are numbers, and not people. unless it affects them personally.

look at boris johnson. so this attitude isn't uniquely american. but there are definitely a lot of them there.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's Mexicans in Colorado, too. It's one of the first places going North where's there's a lot of economic opportunity. But there's also a lot of state...
It's by far the least diverse place I've lived, though i guess the other places I've lived are probably more diverse than average (North Florida and northern California).

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
These aren't necessarily Trumpers who were doing this shit. Colorado is unfortunately home to a ton of anti-vaxxers who are also touting this whole "Covid-19 is a hoax/you're violating my freedoms/I need my latte while sitting in your restaurant" bullshit going around. Thankfully, those types of people are still vastly outnumbered by those of us who understand the severity of the virus and aren't selfish fuckwits.

And yes Colorado is very white outside of Metro Denver. I live about 25 minutes south of the city, and while it is getting a whole lot more diverse than it was, it's still a bunch of upper middle class white people around here.

Last edited:

TheGrue

Oct 25, 2017
This is the town I live in and I was wondering when someone was going to make a thread on it. The county I live in is known as a pretty conservative one, unfortunately. My kid drove by the place when police were talking to them outside and shouted "Fuck you!" So proud.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Castle Rock is super white.

My wife and I ate at a local restaurant there several years ago, and we were the only people of color in the room. When I got up to go to the bathroom, everybody stared at me.

Now it's just a place we drive through.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
The historians will write that "after the Information Age came the Age of Stupidity".

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully the city can shut the power off or something to force them to shutdown. Fuck 'em.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
White Americans unfortunately value their individual freedoms to make poor choices like this over staying home.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Hopefully people that went end up getting infected and then using the restaurant for being open to put them into an at-risk situation in the first place. It wouldn't fly but it would cost the restaurant money to defend.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017

Looks like a fucking COVID breading ground. Fucking idiots.

Wonder if their gofundme is already up.

I think they want to have a bubble where they can pretend that this isn't happening. They can't deal with the fear either so they choose delusion.

Problem is, they endanger the whole region by spreading the virus,, not just themselves.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
They need to disable the door when the owners are offsite. I'm not sure how else they can do it.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Castle Rock and Parker are some of the more "rich" cities in CO. Also, I think I've been to that restaurant once. It was ok.