• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jontin

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
I love a good cringe clip, jesus christ this dudes obnoxious

Rgx1GE.gif

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
you guys all mock him now but wait till you reach your 5 year ERA anniversary and you don't get anything, then you'll feel the same pain and rage

Oct 27, 2017
The best part is if he didn't pull this he might have gotten to go to the OTHER grand opening that's going to happen in like two months

May 9, 2019
Wow had no idea JJ did blackface and I just watched a video of his yesterday.

Also that podcast with Harloff was pure CRINGE and second hand embarrassment. Ya'll see the others sitting there awkwardly? I wasn't there but it felt like I was.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
Wasn't he accused of sexual assault and disappeared from social media etc? I thought before that he did something to self destruct on a StarWars podcast?

Yes to the first part. He used to be the co-host of a podcast called Full of Sith. When all the shit went down he was no longer a co-host, but he was a regular guest. Current co-host of Full of Sith, Bryan Young, banned him from returning from the podcast, despite inititially believing in Bobby's innocence.

Personally, I fucking can't stand Bobby. He's been an asshole to me pretty much anytime we've interacted. But I do believe he's innocent. I followed that Twitter shitstorm that brought him down pretty thoroughly, and nobody ever came out and specifically claimed to be his victim. It was all third party stuff and second hand info that I tend to believe has been conflated with an unrelated incident involving Bobby's former friends. Of course I could be very wrong though. But yeah, Ethan Van Sciver, as big a piece of shit as he is, did cover it pretty thoroughly. If you can stomach giving him clicks, that might be your best bet. So while personally I'm glad to be rid of Bobby on social media and the various Star Wars groups I frequent, I can't help but feel a bit bad for him if he is innocent. He was such a strong advocate of believing women that it doesn't even matter if he's innocent or not. At least, in terms of how his friends are forced to treat him. If they take his side they're all hypocrites.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
My understanding is Bobby's own paper dismissed the EVS rumors so he is still at the Portland Mercury doing their movie review for them. So Bobby is still doing fine. He just cut this side of the internet out his life completely.

For example:

The EVS stuff isn't rumor though. He got Jason Ward from Making Star Wars, who is Bobby's former friend, to come on the show and speak about the situation. It's still possible that the allegations are true, but the original accuser on Twitter (not the assault victim, just the person who started this whole shitstorm by accusing Bobby of assaulting someone else) seems to have conflated two separate events and has mistakenly attributed an assault of Jason's wife to Bobby, which has since been debunked. Once those facts came to light, the original accuser left Twitter for a spell to deal with mental health issues. Bryan Young, Bobby's former podcast co-host, publicly supported Bobby when all of this hit the fan and got raked over the coals for it by the far-left SW community. But EVS and the other alt-right stooges covered it, because of course they would. It's the left eating themselves alive.

If he's innocent, then I'm glad to see that he's still working and is alright. Despite thinking he's a huge asshole, I don't wish him any ill will in terms of his livelihood, which is a courtesy he couldn't extend to others for doing far, far less than what he's been accused of.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017

Am somewhat disappointed and sad at this situation, I haven't been watched collider video for long time due the many people leaving (R.I.P Schnepp) but Harloff always seemed to me like a good guy and reasonable, so this is a bit surprising to me about him throwing a tantrum. Good on him for owning this up and accepting he fucked up though I don't understand why the Producer chimed in and escaleted it further, why not do it off air?

*Walks in 25 minutes late for his job after telling Disney to "fuck off" and screaming at his producer. Still has job*

That's their format since the schmoesknow days, people come and go.

Regarding the 5 years being a fanboy, I think he meant the web coverage of jedi council (first episode AMC Jedi Council - A Star Wars Podcast for May The Fourth) he has been doing which was started by him and Campea ( I think) 5 years ago, at least the amc videos show up from 5 years ago, though this is just speculation and I haven't known them in their pre-collider days.

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
Regarding the 5 years being a fanboy, I think he meant the web coverage of jedi council (first episode AMC Jedi Council - A Star Wars Podcast for May The Fourth) he has been doing which was started by him and Campea ( I think) 5 years ago, at least the amc videos show up from 5 years ago, though this is just speculation and I haven't known them in their pre-collider days.
It's pretty obvious what he meant, it's just that the majority who keep bringing it up are not actually familiar with the show. Anyone who knows Harloff, particularly from the Schmoes Know days, should know that he has been a fan of Star Wars for most of his life. But hey, it's 2019. Memes are more important than context when discussing things on the internet.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty obvious what he meant, it's just that the majority who keep bringing it up are not actually familiar with the show. Anyone who knows Harloff, particularly from the Schmoes Know days, should know that he has been a fan of Star Wars for most of his life. But hey, it's 2019. Memes are more important than context when discussing things on the internet.
Context doesn't change the fact he's a grown ass man, acting like a fucking petulant entitled child.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's not really what the poster is saying or arguing. Nothing about that post is defending or debating that he wasn't acting childish.
I appreciate that.And i wasn't arguing that he was.

My point is, that it doesn't matter if he was a fan for five years, of fifty. He's reaction was still embarrassing.

Though, i'm sorry if i came across as being a dickhead towards that poster. Wasn't my intention in the slightest.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate that.And i wasn't arguing that he was.

My point is, that it doesn't matter if he was a fan for five years, of fifty. He's reaction was still embarrassing.

Though, i'm sorry if i came across as being a dickhead towards that poster. Wasn't my intention in the slightest.

None taken!

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A few days ago I said that Rich Evans had never shilled anything.
Then today he was in a NSFL commercial for Trover Saves The Universe where he put his penis inside a hot George Foreman Grill.

Oct 25, 2017

This is so fucked up it bounces back from offensive to just funny.

Hear me out.

So I feel like an idiot right now because I remember seeing this years ago and just thought he had a friend play Blade which is OBVIOUSLY not the case now. So I'm dumb for that.

But really think about this.

This man, on his volition, went and bought this make up, took the time to apply it to his entire face and neck. Got an afro. Practiced a voice. Shot this. Edited and uploaded it and somehow not at any point through ALL of this thought ... this is a bad idea, all for the sake of a ten second TWILIGHT joke.

I should be offended and mad, but just picturing that entire process just fucking has me in tears laughing. There was no reason to do this. Even remotely. You can't explain it. You can't justify it. That's just 100% you being an idiot.

Oct 25, 2017
I keep checking into this thread expecting to see him booted or resigning. 🍿
He is pretty high up in Collider Video,
I might be misremembering but when they were talking about the new direction for Collider Video last year(or 2017)he was in charge of it and close to the head of Collider overall.
Like 80% of the crew are his people with the remainder being Campea holdovers(who are close to Harloff) and guest hosts.
Him and Mark Ellis are extremely popular.

I really doubt it will happen

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
The only human beings on YouTube that are unsullied are Natalie Wynn, Jenny Nicholson, ScottTheWoz and JennaMarbles. Assume the worst of everybody else.

+ Shaun, Hbomberguy and Game Maker's Toolkit.

Rich Evans is so funny guys

Do you have a time stamp?

I just watched the video and here are my thoughts:
  • It was childish on the part of Kristian Harloff and the producer to squabble on stream. It's completely unprofessional and quite frankly a bad look from both a personal level (Harloff) and a company level (producer/Collider).
  • I agree with Harloff that 'Jedi Council' should not promote a theme park they have not visited themselves. Their impressions of the park should be their own and not some second hand opinion.
  • While some at Collider were invited, it is my opinion that some of these people should have been those who are actively participating on 'Jedi Council'. As a Star Wars fan myself, I would want an impression of the park to come from a Star Wars fan.

Why do you assume the women who went are not Star Wars fans?

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
A few days ago I said that Rich Evans had never shilled anything.
Then today he was in a NSFL commercial for Trover Saves The Universe where he put his penis inside a hot George Foreman Grill.

If you create a commercial where a grown man gets circumcised by a grill, you can shill anything you want.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
At this point there really aren't any Star Wars podcasters left who haven't been erased or disgraced. Harloff has apologized and what he did wasn't even as bad as some of the stuff the guys on RFR have said.

Listen to Blast Points. A lot of their podcasts are like a history lesson on Star Wars.

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
Why do you assume the women who went are not Star Wars fans?
Where did I assume anything? To put it simply, I am familiar with the individuals involved with the show and where they stand (as in their knowledge) of Star Wars. As a Star Wars fan I would therefore put more weight and trust in their first impressions/review of a Star Wars theme park than I would over someone I am not familiar with. The two women that were invited may be fans, but I don't know to what extent.

There is a difference between being a fan of something and having a vast knowledge of it (something that I am comfortable saying those on Jedi Council have given that they consume all forms of Star Wars media in prep for the show). A fan goes into Galaxy's Edge and is wowed by the Millennium Falcon. A fanboy (for a lack of a better word) may go in and geek out over the finer details of the park. It's my understanding that Disney added a lot of fan service stuff beyond recognizable Star Wars vehicles, so I would hope (as a fan) that whomever is going on Collider's behalf would have the Star Wars knowledge necessary to pick up on these details during their tour.

Would a casual Star Wars fan recognize the things in the Polygon article below?

Ultimately, in an ideal world you would send two types of fans: one who lives and breathes Star Wars and a casual/mainstream fan. This way you get the impressions from both perspectives.