• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It won't happen, but I'd certainly love it.

The "Raimi-verse" coexisting with the MCU Spider-Man would be the dream.

It'll be disappointing when this doesn't happen.
I don't think it'd be the ramiverse spider-man but just allowing them a new spider-man (miles?) free from disney this would just allow sony to get the audience used to the idea and not make it weird when theirs two different spider men/spider women

I mean they did explicitly do this with into the spider verse

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it'd be the ramiverse spider-man but just allowing them a new spider-man (miles?) free from disney this would just allow sony to get the audience used to the idea and not make it weird when theirs two different spider men/spider women

Amazing SM 3 and SM4 coming to end those story Arcs. Sony can have release a new SM movie every year!

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
I personally hope that it is "our" Tobey and Andrew but alternative reality versions of their villains. To help get a little closure on their stories.

Wayfaerer

Oct 26, 2017
Excited. More for Andrew Garfield than Tobey, though I could get more excited for Tobey if he's the symbiote version, but obviously he won't be.

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
I could be wrong, but I think we'll likely get the "full reveal" tomorrow at the Disney event.

It also wouldn't surprise me if we see an agreement to have the Sony films on Disney+.

That could work.

Speaking of which, a dream would be to see Peter B Parker played by Jake Johnson in such a universe.

We're so used to seeing a younger Pete that an older one would be refreshing to see as an alternative to Peter in the MCU films.

I personally hope that it is "our" Tobey and Andrew but alternative reality versions of their villains. To help get a little closure on their stories.
I was thinking this as well.

That way they could change things as they please, for example the horrible design of Electro from ASM2.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That could work.

Speaking of which, a dream would be to see Peter B Parker played by Jake Johnson in such a universe.

We're so used to seeing a younger Pete that an older one would be refreshing to see as an alternative to Peter in the MCU films.

Tobey is nearly 20 years older now than when he started to play spider man, surely if they're doing this, they basically have to let him be the old mentor spiderman?

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
Tobey is nearly 20 years older now than when he started to play spider man, surely if they're doing this, they basically have to let him be the old mentor spiderman?
I mentioned the Raimi-verse initially being the ideal scenario, but if that can't work for whatever reason an alternative would be Jake Johnson.

I loved his portrayal of Spidey in Into the Spider-Verse.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

0eWqq.gif

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I get it, but wouldn't any Spider-Man besides Tom Holland be from an "alternative reality" relative to the MCU?

Yes, but he's saying he wants our Toby or Andrew (as in, the ones we watched in the movies), but doesn't necessarily want the villains to be the exact same ones we watched in Raimi's trilogy or The Amazing Spiderman 1/2, he wants them to be from alternate realities not only relative to the MCU, but to Raimi's trilogy and TAS too.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
Yes, but he's saying he wants our Toby or Andrew (as in, the ones we watched in the movies), but doesn't necessarily want the villains to be the exact same ones we watched in Raimi's trilogy or The Amazing Spiderman 1/2, he wants them to be from alternate realities not only relative to the MCU, but to Raimi's trilogy and TAS too.

So then a grand total of at least 5 universes? MCU main, Raimiverse main, Raimiverse alt, Amazing Universe main, and Amazing Universe alt?

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Yes I'm expecting alternate reality villains but I mean I don't want alternate reality Tobey or Andrew, I want the ones from their actual movies.

According to MCU time travel logic, you wouldn't be able to get the definitive versions of Tobey or Andrew anyway because their timelines are already complete.

theBmZ

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Highly unlikely with Into the Spider-verse already existing, but what if Tobey-verse is how they introduce live action Miles Morales? Tobey being the mentor.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I hope we get a scene of either Spideys flirting with MCU Aunt May without knowing it's actually May.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
After digging a bit, I found out that a FOURTH Spider-Man movie is already in development.

So my guess is : This is a two-parter. It has to be.

First part start with focusing on Holland, then multiverse shenanigans happens. Garfield and Kirsten Dunst MJ get sent here, aswell as baddies from both world. Since Tobey is still in negotiations, I fully except him to appear at the end and then be a bigger focus in the second part.

Since Disney is supposedly revealing futures movies tomorrow, they could announce there that it's a two-parter.

Last edited:

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
So Topher Grace's and Tom Hardy's Venoms meeting is possible...? 👀

rafox

Apr 28, 2020
Do you even comics?

After the cliffhanger Peter goes to Strange and asks for help erasing the world's memory of his identity.

Strange agrees under the condition he helps him deal with the Multiverse of Madness Wanda created.

The adventure has Spidey meet multiple versions of himself and he learns of their struggles. Movie ends on a big battle between the Spider-Men and their villains.

In the end, Peter declines the restore his secret identity, after his encounter with his alternate versions change his perspective.

That's what I mean, this is the already tired "Surely Marvel won't pull it off THIS TIME!"
* Marvel pulls it off
Repeat
That's the first time this movie made sense in my head, thanks!
Anyway, Peter had two of the most compelling character arcs of the MCU is his movies, I'm not really concerned about it.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Already said so in another thread: Watch Maguire being "superior spider-man", MCU version, being the bad guy with a "i was a hero deep inside" dying moment in the end. I'm like 99% sure. Also, he's probably the one trying to get together a multiverse sinister six.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Do you even comics?

After the cliffhanger Peter goes to Strange and asks for help erasing the world's memory of his identity.

Strange agrees under the condition he helps him deal with the Multiverse of Madness Wanda created.

The adventure has Spidey meet multiple versions of himself and he learns of their struggles. Movie ends on a big battle between the Spider-Men and their villains.

In the end, Peter declines the restore his secret identity, after his encounter with his alternate versions change his perspective.

That's what I mean, this is the already tired "Surely Marvel won't pull it off THIS TIME!"
* Marvel pulls it off
Repeat
So you think it's Wanda that starts off the Multiverse mess?

And maybe it causes a big bad to take notice of them? Maybe Kang? (He's supposedly in Ant-Man)

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Already said so in another thread: Watch Maguire being "superior spider-man", MCU version, being the bad guy with a "i was a hero deep inside" dying moment in the end. I'm like 99% sure. Also, he's probably the one trying to get together a multiverse sinister six.

Seems more like a direction for Garfield's Peter than Maguire's.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Why does Tom's Spider-Man need another mentor?

Like, can't we just let Tom's Spider-Man be a solo hero without being tethered to Tony or another Peter Parker from another dimension?

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Seems more like a direction for Garfield's Peter than Maguire's.
Maybe. I feel like Maguire-Man already had SO much thrown at him, fucked up too many times, had a taste of villainhood and is just, like, the type for it though :D Garfield-Man to me seems more like a grown-up Ultimate type than a Superior type.

Man, I hope this will get some cool cameos by other Spider-men as well. And, of course, a Miles stinger at the end introducing his own movie.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

Like, can't we just let Tom's Spider-Man be a solo hero without being tethered to Tony or another Peter Parker from another dimension?

In the last movie, the second he had the chance he gave away the most powerful item on the planet and also got his identity revealed in the end.
So no, he's clearly not ready to be without mentor.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
In the last movie, the second he had the chance he gave away the most powerful item on the planet and also got his identity revealed in the end.
So no, he's clearly not ready to be without mentor.

People make mistakes. That's called characterization. We don't need some other Spider-Man from another dimension to tell him how to be Spider-Man.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Because none of the MCU films are really solo films other than maybe the first in a characters series, and there are already five existing solo Spiderman films. They don't need nor evidently want to continue to explore that direction.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Because none of the MCU films are really solo films other than maybe the first in a characters series, and there are already five existing solo Spiderman films. They don't need nor evidently want to continue to explore that direction.

Then they shouldn't have re-signed the deal. It's an insult to Tom that he doesn't get ONE MOVIE where he isn't overshadowed by someone else.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I could be wrong, but I think we'll likely get the "full reveal" tomorrow at the Disney event.

It also wouldn't surprise me if we see an agreement to have the Sony films on Disney+.
After digging a bit, I found out that a FOURTH Spider-Man movie is already in development.

So my guess is : This is a two-parter. It has to be.

First part start with focusing on Holland, then multiverse shenanigans happens. Garfield and Kirsten Dunst MJ get sent here, aswell as baddies from both world. Since Tobey is still in negotiations, I fully except him to appear at the end and then be a bigger focus in the second part.

Since Disney is supposedly revealing futures movies tomorrow, they could announce there that it's a two-parter.
Just because Tobey haven't joined yet doesn't mean he is going to appear at the end of the movie. That's not how it works. They've been filming for a few weeks and will shoot for the next 3-4 months. Tobey could have plenty of time. Also these reports about castings usually gets out long after they're signed on to projects.

Also Disney won't talk about Sony movies at their investor meeting. It's 99%you won't hear anything about Spider-Man 3 tomorrow. Reveal is gonna come later in the month though.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Because they already missed by tethering him to Tony Stark in the first place.

The solo hero should have been the goal from the jump and its just one more reason why Tom's Spiderman is weak ass sauce compared to the other two, especially Tobey's Spiderman