• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I often wonder how Mayday went from this to being the boomer girl equivalent of spider-man that only appears in Spider-Events now. Is it because the sliding timeline kind of fucked her world ?

A lot of people view her as Tom DeFalco's baby. DeFalco based Peter and Mayday's relationship on the relationship between his brother and his brother's daughter.

(There's also Marvel's continued insistence on making Peter seem "YOUNG". That makes a teenage daughter the kind of character they don't want to promote even if she is from an alternate universe.)

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
How will this tie into Tom's story?
I mean, we don't really know who the villain of this movie really is, do we? If the Multiverse really does come into play here, then there must be a cause for it. What Spidey bad guy can tap into the Multiverse? Seems like whoever that is will pull in other Spidey villains to go after Peter and then the other 2 Peter's will arrive via Doctor Strange to help him out.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Honestly, Topher Grace was a bad Venom but an excellent Carnage.
He was perfectly fine for what the movie needed him to be - a petulant Anti-Peter. The insanely rushed and underdeveloped exposition of who he is though? "I'm Eddie Brock. I'm a reporter. Oh also, I'm dating your daughter." Just... just what the fuck.

Raimi really had no interest in this guy, but then goes on to emphasize the wrong plotlines and rush others. And I get the story behind why, but...

Man, Spider-Man 3 is interesting for all the wrong reasons.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
You know what? I know that she won't be there but I wish that all this meant that Madame-Web had a decent shot of showing up.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, we don't really know who the villain of this movie really is, do we? If the Multiverse really does come into play here, then there must be a cause for it. What Spidey bad guy can tap into the Multiverse? Seems like whoever that is will pull in other Spidey villains to go after Peter and then the other 2 Peter's will arrive via Doctor Strange to help him out.

I never thought we'd get Morlun to appear in film.

DirtySprite3

Banned
Sep 13, 2019
Haven't watched any main Spider-Man movies since the one with Jamie fox in it, if Toby is back in it tho then I am back in it 👀.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Really disliked MJ in Spiderman 3, but it wasn't Kirsten's fault, that movie was an entire mess.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Give Tobey all the money, he needs to be in this.

Really hope they use this opportunity to tie off his story with a happy ending instead of Luke/Leia/Han-ing him.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
He was perfectly fine for what the movie needed him to be - a petulant Anti-Peter. The insanely rushed and underdeveloped exposition of who he is though? "I'm Eddie Brock. I'm a reporter. Oh also, I'm dating your daughter." Just... just what the fuck.

Raimi really had no interest in this guy, but then goes on to emphasize the wrong plotlines and rush others. And I get the story behind why, but...

Man, Spider-Man 3 is interesting for all the wrong reasons.
Yeah it's weird...while I personally share Raimi's antipathy for Venom, that character being foisted in him by the studio does nothing to explain why he seemingly went out of his way to needlessly complicate other characters and storylines. It's a shame to because the ultimate heart of the story, that you have these three people who have become estranged, who need to learn to forgive before it destroys them, I still think there's something genuinely compelling there.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
If the MCU can actually obtain Tobey's services, would he be the best caliber actor in their history?
Screen_Shot_2019-03-22_at_5.33.23_PM.jpg

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I often wonder how Mayday went from this to being the boomer girl equivalent of spider-man that only appears in Spider-Events now. Is it because the sliding timeline kind of fucked her world ?

Her and the MC2 as a whole was born of an era that the Marvel has kind of long since moved on from. And Marvel would never do for Peter what they do for Scott and Jean in having one of their time displaced kids running around in the main universe.

plain

Oct 27, 2017
This is definitely Sony just trying to ape their own success with Spider-Verse, and it would be a disaster without Feigi and co. I'd much rather see Kraven.

If you're giving credit to Feige, you best believe he planned this multiverse shit before Sony's own Spider-Verse.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
And people thought Spiderman 3 was too crammed with plots because they featured two villains. I honestly can't see this being an amazing film. (Heh).

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
The hell? So they are going Multiverse/Spiderverse with this? I thought the next Dr. Strange movie was the only one doing that?
Makes sense though, to save MCU Peters identity ,one of the other two Spidermen will probably appear in person with Holland Peter Parker - "See! I'm not Spiderman! He's right here!" Then Tobey/Garfield Spiderman swings off with Tom Holland standing there.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
If the MCU can actually obtain Tobey's services, would he be the best caliber actor in their history?

God dammit, I grew up with and loved the Raimi Spider-Man movies too but why are y'all so weird about this.

Multi-verse? Yeah. Characters from past Sony movies being shoehorned into an MCU Spider-Man movie? I highly doubt it.

Yeah this whole Spider-verse take has Sony's paw prints all over it. It legitimizes their efforts with SUMC, serves as a giant celebration of their previous movie attempts, and could potentially end by whisking Holland out of the MCU. Feige may be the one behind the wheel but I'd be surprised if this was his map considering the only thing he really gets is not getting Spidey completely ripped out of his hands.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Please don't fuck this up, this has the potential to be incredible. My only concern is that whilst I like the actors from Spider-Man it was raimi who made the movies what they were. Hopefully some of that magic still carries over.

NumbEight!!!

Nov 2, 2017
There's probably going to be a scene where Tobey and Andrew unmask themselves to show that Spiderman isn't Tom Holland. Calling it right now.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
And people thought Spiderman 3 was too crammed with plots because they featured two villains. I honestly can't see this being an amazing film. (Heh).
Because the Avengers movies were so bad juggling six heroes in the first film and then like, 40 in the last one

It's about how you use the characters, not how many there are. Marvel figured out that problem a long time ago