• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia had absolutely every reason and chance to win that game. South Carolina tried so damn hard to give it away. And they still lost.

lol

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That was one of the worst games I've watched this year though. Just miserable execution and some of the dumbest coaching decisions.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Kirby didn't lose this game. He fucked up with that timeout, but he didnt lose the game

Jake Fromm lost this game, plain and simple. Pick 6 and a fumble that killed a scoring drive. if either one of those dont happen, uga wins this game.

Jake Fromm is not special.

Jake Fromm is not elite.

Jake Fromm isn't better than the 2 QBs that he supposedly "ran off"

Jake Fromm isn't even HALF as good as the 2 QBs that he supposedly "ran off"

UGA fans shit all over Eason and Fields on their way out, calling them cowards, saying they'd never win anything, etc

And now look. We fucking deserve this.

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Kirby didn't lose this game. He fucked up with that timeout, but he didnt lose the game

Jake Fromm lost this game, plain and simple. Pick 6 and a fumble that killed a scoring drive. if either one of those dont happen, uga wins this game.

Jake Fromm is not special.

Jake Fromm is not elite.

Jake Fromm isn't better than the 2 QBs that he supposedly "ran off"

Jake Fromm isn't even HALF as good as the 2 QBs that he supposedly "ran off"

UGA fans shit all over Eason and Fields on their way out, calling them cowards, saying they'd never win anything, etc

And now look. We fucking deserve this.

I was told Fromm is the bEsT iN aMeriCa though

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This loss ultimately means nothing for Georgia though. If they win out and win the SEC they'll get in anyways.

It's funny, but it's not sinking their season or anything.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
More Fromm fun facts

Fromm is a game manager, nothing more. He isn't going to win you games.

Fromm has thrown 30 passes 5 times in his career.

All 5 games were losses.

That's not an elite QB. If your QB is only good when his running game is working against lesser opponents, you don't have a good QB.

Jake Fromm is a mediocre-ass QB that just racks up stats on cupcakes. He's college Joe Flacco. To all my fellow UGA fans that worship this kid - SUCK IT. Enjoy watching Fields in NYC at the Touchdown club at the end of the year.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
I mean that's easy to say, but they have to beat Gata, War Eagle, Aggie and the Tide to do that.

yep. this UGA team is bad enough that they can totally lose to Gata or Auburn. I don't think Gatas are a top 10 team, but we sure as fuck aren't either.

Whoever wins the east is going to get run out of the dome by Bama anyways, so it doesn't matter.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
This loss ultimately means nothing for Georgia though. If they win out and win the SEC they'll get in anyways.

It's funny, but it's not sinking their season or anything.

They couldnt afford to lose to an UR South Carolina, still having to play Florida, Auburn, and most likely Bama.. too many good teams this year... not when you're bound to hear " quality of the loss" come playoff selection time, like when OK got in over an OSU who were ending their season as such a great team in 2018 but who had lost to a shitty Purdue. At least they waited for their yearly choke after the Notre Dame game

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I mean that's easy to say, but they have to beat Gata, War Eagle, Aggie and the Tide to do that.

Oh trust me I don't expect it at all. But I'm just saying that in most conferences one loss is a death blow. In the SEC it isn't. Especially considering the PAC-12 is a dumpster fire so that champ will be discarded.

Oct 31, 2017
It could be a bad loss in an otherwise good year, though I feel those kinds of teams (ex: 2008 Gators), they were beasts for most of the season with some exceptions, whereas Georgia has not looked as strong as previous years, especially 2017 when they were nearly unstoppable.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
I can definitely envision a scenario now where the Gatas win the East and then lose by 40 points to Bama.

Oct 31, 2017
I can definitely envision a scenario now where the Gatas win the East and then lose by 40 points to Bama.
Whoever wins the East is getting dismantled by Bama. It doesn't matter.

Nothing I've seen from Bama indicates to me that they won't have to earn the SEC Championship versus whomever. They let South Carolina get more points on them than UGA did, never mind Ole Miss, and #24 TA&M is competitive this game.

Earlier this decade, the East winner was a sacrifice, but I haven't felt that way since 2016.

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Nothing I've seen from Bama indicates to me that they won't have to earn the SEC Championship versus whomever. They let South Carolina get more points on them than UGA did, never mind Ole Miss, and #24 TA&M is competitive this game.

Earlier this decade, the East winner was a sacrifice, but I haven't felt that way since 2016.

Wait for Bama-LSU.

I've doubted Bama too much this decade.

Oct 31, 2017
Wait for Bama-LSU.

I've doubted Bama too much this decade.

Just assuming Bama will win by their name alone seems premature, no? They were correctly doubted last year, and I remember plenty of people doubting Auburn before that spectacular game and finish in 2013.

People just need to let things play out. I remember three times this decade Florida wasn't supposed to beat LSU (LSU was supposed to be way better in 2012, was supposed to massacre them in 2016, and was supposed to beat a rebuilding Florida in 2018) as one example. Nobody knows what's going to happen.

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Just assuming Bama will win by their name alone seems premature, no? They were correctly doubted last year, and I remember plenty of people doubting Auburn before that spectacular game and finish in 2013.

People just need to let things play out. I remember three times this decade Florida wasn't supposed to beat LSU (LSU was supposed to be way better in 2012, was supposed to massacre them in 2016, and was supposed to beat a rebuilding Florida in 2018) as one example. Nobody knows what's going to happen.

No, but I'm not willing to make a judgement on the quality of a Saban team before their biggest game of the regular season.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Badgers have 4 shutouts in 6 games. They have scored 4 TD's on defense this year while also giving up only 4TD.

With that being said, something tells me they will give up many points against OSU in a few weeks.

Dark Mantonio

Nov 1, 2017
Welp, the only good thing about this thorough of a dismantling is that there's no doubt left it's time for a regime change at Michigan State. Dantonio can now exit as MSU's winningest coach and the Spartans can rebuild & modernize.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
Badgers have 4 shutouts in 6 games. They have scored 4 TD's on defense this year while also giving up only 4TD.

With that being said, something tells me they will give up many points against OSU in a few weeks.

Absolutely insane stats. If they were in the SEC, ESPN would have already crowned them the greatest team of all-time... Alas, the struggles of a B1G West team lol

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017
They do it every year when Bama rolls through cupcakes for the first half of the season, but Bama has never been this dominant...

Alabama doesn't get called the greatest team of all time for shutting out the likes of Kent State, Central Michigan, and South Florida lol spare me the persecution complex.

Congrats to Wisconsin on beating who they're supposed to beat though.

Status
Not open for further replies.