• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
#REMEMBERTHEFIVE

November, November is for everything

SaaDft2.jpg

AP Poll
Note- first CFP rankings are next week, and will be threadmarked when released.
  1. LSU
  2. Bama
  3. tOSU
  4. Clempson
  5. PSU
  6. Gata
  7. Oregon
  8. Gawja
  9. Utah
  10. Oklahoma
  11. Bammers
  12. Baylor
  13. Minnesota
  14. Michigan
  15. PONIES
  16. Irish
  17. Cincy
  18. Wisconsin
  19. Iowa
  20. App State
  21. Boise
  22. Kansas State
  23. Wake Forest
  24. Memphis
  25. San Diego State

Week 10 games of note (all times in EST and all rankings AP)

Saturday, November 2
World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party- (8) Gawja vs (6) Gata, 3:30 PM (in Jacksonville)
(9) Utah @ Washington, 4 PM
(15) PONIES @ (24) Memphis, 7:30 PM- Biggest G5 game of the year, as GameDay and ABC primetime come to Beale Street for the AAC West showdown. Winner has the inside track for the NY6 bid. Jokes aside, Sonny Dykes has worked miracles with an SMU program that never found its way post death penalty.
(7) Oregon @ Southern Cal, 8 PM

Pick 'em stuff

Link to last week's results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XmK-QQQ93b9PGUey_I_DHHhNE3ShzedYyKMmxPtHHS4/edit?usp=sharing

Link to season standings: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16T9n_vqdMmRLK4ztuPkil58YBPDvpZcky-0iDenSJtQ/edit?usp=sharing

Link to this week's form: https://forms.gle/5Zuf9iKEhBGzFF549

This week's games:
BC at SYR
NEB at PUR
TROY at CCU
MIAMI at FSU
KSU at KU
TCU at OKST
RUTG at ILL
UGA vs FLA
MSST at ARK
UTAH at WASH
SMU at MEM
ORE at USC

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Georgia's Last championship was closer to World War 2 than to present today. They are garbage and will never win.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
look at all this salt in here

We may not win a championship this year but the Gators sure as hell won't

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
look at all this salt in here

We may not win a championship this year but the Gators sure as hell won't
Lol of course I'm salty that was a horrible call when the ball hit the ground and some trash Georgia fans threw a can at my awesome sign. Georgia acts like they have this swagger but have like 1 championship 40 years ago and 1 UCF esque one when Gandhi was alive.

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
Wow SMU is really bad on defense. Just zero wrapping up when it matters. Awful.

College football is rough to watch.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Well, IU took care of business. I have low expectations for the next two games against Penn State and Michigan.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
UGA/Gators game had me stressed, but we won, and beating the Gators always fills my heart with joy.

Bucknuticus

UCF Super fan! Go Knights!
Oct 25, 2017
Ahhh November, our annual curb stomping of our friends up north is nearly here!

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
LSU should be 1, I don't even want 1, that team has never won the playoff although anyone that truly thinks it's laughable that OSU is 1 just doesn't know shit about football. The bigger thing is having Clemson at 5 like yeah prime that fucking Death Star you dumb asses.

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
LSU should be 1, I don't even want 1, that team has never won the playoff although anyone that truly thinks it's laughable that OSU is 1 just doesn't know shit about football. The bigger thing is having Clemson at 5 like yeah prime that fucking Death Star you dumb asses.

Pure eye test tells me OSU is definitely the number 1 team in the country.

But the committee bent over backwards in recent history to try to downplay the significance of that, in favor of more "objective" things. And one of the biggest points was strength of schedule.

LSU has beat two top 10 teams in regular season play already and an Auburn team that keeps hanging around the top 15. OSU's best games are still ahead of them.

While the committee talking out of both sides of their mouth isn't exactly new, it is pretty laughable.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
LSU, Alabama, and Ohio State were only separated by 8 points or so in the AP poll so it's not exactly out of this world that Ohio State is No. 1.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Pure eye test tells me OSU is definitely the number 1 team in the country.

But the committee bent over backwards in recent history to try to downplay the significance of that, in favor of more "objective" things. And one of the biggest points was strength of schedule.

LSU has beat two top 10 teams in regular season play already and an Auburn team that keeps hanging around the top 15. OSU's best games are still ahead of them.

While the committee talking out of both sides of their mouth isn't exactly new, it is pretty laughable.

The problem with the committee and I guess it's not really a problem but they change out people every year and each individual is going to have their own way of ranking the teams. Like I said I think LSU should be 1, just off the fact that they have beat Florida and Auburn, but OSU has looked so dominant compared to everyone else that I get it that they are 1. OSU never does this ever, they always sleep walk through games outside of the big ones (2016 Clemson aside) but this year is different. I don't think they are clearly better than LSU, PSU, Bama or Clemson but so far they have just looked better. I could see any of those teams beating each other though.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Imagine getting in trouble for borrowing money and then paying it back if that is actually what happened. The NCAA is such a joke of a fucking organization.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
The NCAA is shit. They've fucked up too many teams and careers over minor bullshit while letting some pretty major permanantly harmful life destroying stuff go or be forgiven. In this case the OSU team should be fine due to great depth and talent (especially against Maryland), and Young is already guaranteed top 5 regardless, but it's a shame that they have to hurt his numbers when he has been having a historically great season.

Midnight Jon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
The NCAA is shit. They've fucked up too many teams and careers over minor bullshit while letting some pretty major permanantly harmful life destroying stuff go or be forgiven. In this case the OSU team should be fine due to great depth and talent (especially against Maryland), and Young is already guaranteed top 5 regardless, but it's a shame that they have to hurt his numbers when he has been having a historically great season.
update: out 4 games, might get reduced to 2 on appeal (so worst-case OSU has to beat top-6 Penn State without him but he's back in time to sack Minnesota/Iowa/Wisconsin's QB 10 times in the B1G title game, best-case he just has to miss the two games they'd actively have to try to lose)