• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Added Hurricane Dorian information

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Official Staff Communication
Updated with story on Hurricane Dorian and it's effects on this weekends games

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/h...track-path-weather-forecast-today-2019-08-29/
screen-shot-2019-08-27-at-3-14-58-pm.png

Additional sports teams potentially affected

Boise State vs. Florida State moved to Tallahassee (Noon Kickoff)

Georgia vs. Vanderbilt to air on ESPN instead of SECN to cover the changed BSU/FSU gametime

sad.jpg

ECyDowlWwAE2X3n.jpg

Well then.

Preseason AP Poll
  1. Clemson
  2. Bama
  3. Georgia
  4. Oklahoma
  5. Ohio State
  6. LSU
  7. Michigan
  8. Florida (unrank Florida)
  9. Notre Dame
  10. Texas
  11. Oregon
  12. Aggie
  13. Washington
  14. Utah
  15. Penn State
  16. Auburn
  17. UCF
  18. Michigan State
  19. Wisconsin
  20. Iowa
  21. Iowa State
  22. Syracuse
  23. Wazzu
  24. Nebraska
  25. Stanford
Notable Games (as always, times in EST and rankings AP)

Thursday, August 29

Georgia Tech @ (1) Clemson, 8 PM- Debut game of the ACC Network. Check with your TV provider to make sure that you're all set.
Holy War- (14) Utah @ BYU, 10:15 PM

Friday, August 30

(19) Wisconsin @ USF, 7 PM

Saturday, August 31

Ole Miss @ Memphis, noon
Boise State vs. Florida State (in Tallahassee), Noon *Rescheduled from 7:30 PM
(3)Georgia @ Vanderbilt, 7:30 PM
(16) Auburn vs. (11) Oregon (in Jerryworld), 7:30 PM- Return of GUSTAVO!

Sunday, September 1

Houston @ (4) Oklahoma, 7:30 PM

Monday, September 2

(9) Notre Dame @ Louisville, 8 PM

pac12afaterdark-e1505105220457.png

New Mexico State @ (23) Wazzu, 10 PM
Fresno State @ USC, 10:30 PM- Most potential for peak fuckery.

Pick'ems

Week 1 pick'em (thanks to Karl2177 as always)

Pick 'em stuff:

Link to last week's results(week 0 doesn't count towards the season standings, but hey it was fun I guess): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cjogyhSOmwCXauxZPt1pec3vAlxeUn10VQ18sC6hnZ0/edit?usp=sharing

Link to this week's form(SUBMIT BEFORE FRIDAY'S GAMES): https://forms.gle/aWMffhKnQssL7gcK9

This week's games:
DUKE/BAMA
SCAR/UNC
ND/LOUIS
OKST/ORST
HOU/OKLA
INST/KU
WISC/USF
NW/STAN
ORE/AUB
AKRON/ILL
MISS/MEM
UMASS/RUTG

Pre-season Conference/Playoff Predictions (thanks to Bucknuticus )

Predictions are due Thursday, August 29 at 7 PM if you want to be eligible for a sense of pride and accomplishment.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
DISCORD

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
PODCAST

Search for the podcast on iTunes, Spotify, Pocket Casts, Overcast, etc for Academically Ineligible and you should find it. Or, you can add the RSS feed. http://feeds.feedburner.com/AcademicallyIneligible

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
S4E5 - Going all the Way with Sexas Tech

In episode 5 of season four of the last remaining college football podcast, we preview the SEC, do conference predictions, and preview week 0 games. We hope you enjoy.

Please subscribe, rate, and review on iTunes, send emails to [email protected] and follow us on Twitter at Ineligible_Pod.

Last edited:

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
As a Gator fan, you're welcome for UF/UM making whatever weird shit your team pulls off this week look 100% better.

We set the bar low, just for you!

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Alabama is literally sacrificing a devil on national tv to start the season. This is great.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee cornerback Bryce Thompson, one of the Vols' few bright spots last season and one to watch this season, is indefinitely suspended after domestic assault arrest.

Girlfriend found someone else's fake eyelashes in his dorm and they had an epic argument in the lobby. Multiple people called 911 after Thompson started making various threats including to shoot up the school. Police arrested him because, while he hadn't physically attacked the GF, she was under serious threat of harm.
Rule 1 of cheating is never bring the side piece home.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
So does that Florida vs Miami game drop Florida out of the top 10?

Nothing like barely beating a 1st Year QB and young team while ranked #8.

We beat an experienced 2017 Hurricane team, that had a Jr QB, by 5 touchdowns, lol.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
So does that Florida vs Miami game drop Florida out of the top 10?

Nothing like barely beating a 1st Year QB and young team while ranked #8.

We beat an experienced 2017 Hurricane team, that had a Jr QB, by 5 touchdowns, lol.

I feel like they probably should, but I also think Florida will actually end up being far better than they looked in that game.

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like they probably should, but I also think Florida will actually end up being far better than they looked in that game.
We won't if Franks is still the QB. He can make an amazing throw here and there but he's not accurate and doesn't see the entire field. The Florida offense will be extremely limited if he continues to be our starter.

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Let's Go Dores! (Will we even make a bowl game this year? Fuck if I know, I don't pay THAT close of attention...)

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC

This is true, but I have my doubts with Florida. My own team likes to "play down" to the competition. At least we use too. The last few years have been ok, but we phone it in sometimes.

I'm going to go ahead and get this out of the way too.

We need an 8 Team Playoff (because I want more football)

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Michigan shouldn't even sniff the top ten.

Totally not my THE Ohio State bias showing btw.

If they shouldn't then we shouldn't either to be honest. We have far more questions going into this year than they do, and if they are going to beat us any time soon, this is the year. Outside of the D line and a few select defensive players Michigan is going to have the best O line they have ever had, Shea should be throwing it far more than last year and their WR trio is scary good. Running back is a question, but this is going to probably overall be the best team they have had in a while if they stay healthy, now we just have to worry if Gattis can actually call plays, which hopefully he just ends up being Tim Beck for them.

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
MOD ABUSE

I left the Duke/Bama game out because it is by no stretch of the imagination a "notable game". Unless you consider a televised massacre "notable".

It was a fluke. They'll go 6-6 or 7-5 this year, go to the music city bowl, and extend the coaches contract another 3 years.

Was more referring to the fact that they beat UF for the first time in 30 years. This year will definitely be a return to the norm since they lost Snell/Allen.

Let's Go Dores! (Will we even make a bowl game this year? Fuck if I know, I don't pay THAT close of attention...)

Maybe? Just beat UTK again and your season is a success.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
MOD ABUSE

I left the Duke/Bama game out because it is by no stretch of the imagination a "notable game".

Was more referring to the fact that they beat UF for the first time in 30 years. This year will definitely be a return to the norm since they lost Snell/Allen.
Florida can start a new 30 year streak now. It was so fun the last time, let them do it again.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
MOD ABUSE

I left the Duke/Bama game out because it is by no stretch of the imagination a "notable game". Unless you consider a televised massacre "notable".

Maybe? Just beat UTK again and your season is a success.
You really don't think Avery Johnson can't coach em to beat Coach K?

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Yall Lsu discovered the downfield pass this year, and then, by some imagination they realized you could do a run option off it.

So they've caught up the last 10 years of cfb, but they're still 10 years behind. They had Bama in red stick last year and couldn't do it, it in Bryant Denny this year and I don't see this being a 9-6 type affair. Honestly the fuckery isn't usually around the Lsu game anyway, it's either an AM/Miss/USCe type bullshit or its Auburn and their classic fuckball.

Lsu is good, they just ain't good enough. Here's to hoping they 11-1 and win a bowl and all that, hell, 11-1 and get in the playoffs, why not? I mean Texas is back and all right?

I'd take Clemson v Lsu in round 1.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Yall Lsu discovered the downfield pass this year, and then, by some imagination they realized you could do a run option off it.

So they've caught up the last 10 years of cfb, but they're still 10 years behind. They had Bama in red stick last year and couldn't do it, it in Bryant Denny this year and I don't see this being a 9-6 type affair. Honestly the fuckery isn't usually around the Lsu game anyway, it's either an AM/Miss/USCe type bullshit or its Auburn and their classic fuckball.

Lsu is good, they just ain't good enough. Here's to hoping they 11-1 and win a bowl and all that, hell, 11-1 and get in the playoffs, why not? I mean Texas is back and all right?

I'd take Clemson v Lsu in round 1.
Only if we get Alabama vs Oklahoma on the other side.

AquaRegia

Oct 25, 2017
How could you forget the epic Thursday night showdown between Texas A&M and Texas State? Can a former OC turned coach upset his former team, or will the fans achieve catharsis by grinding his team into the dirt? Can an August game in Texas be survived? Will a group of Strutters win halftime over a military drill band? (No, but they will come close.)

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
How could you forget the epic Thursday night showdown between Texas A&M and Texas State? Can a former OC turned coach upset his former team, or will the fans achieve catharsis by grinding his team into the dirt? Can an August game in Texas be survived? Will a group of Strutters win halftime over a military drill band? (No, but they will come close.)
Do you know the joy I would get from Jimbo Fisher losing to Texas State?

Status
Not open for further replies.