• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
b17k1y8ziih31.png

VolChart2__1_.png

There's football this week thanks to Rutgers and Princeton starting up this stupid sport 150 years ago. In honor of them, there's a pretty good noncon matchup in primetime Saturday night. So, for the first time ever, thanks Rutgers!

Preseason AP Poll
  1. Clemson
  2. Bama
  3. Georgia
  4. Oklahoma
  5. Ohio State
  6. LSU
  7. Michigan
  8. Florida
  9. Notre Dame
  10. Texas
  11. Oregon
  12. Aggie
  13. Washington
  14. Utah
  15. Penn State
  16. Auburn
  17. UCF
  18. Michigan State
  19. Wisconsin
  20. Iowa
  21. Iowa State
  22. Syracuse
  23. Wazzu
  24. Nebraska
  25. Stanford
Notable Games (as always, times in EST and rankings AP)

#8 Florida vs. Miami (in Orlando), 7 PM

pac12afaterdark-e1505105220457.png

WEEK 0 PAC-12 AFTER DARK

Arizona @ Hawaii, 10:30 PM

Pick'ems

Week 0 pick'em (thanks to Karl2177 as always)

Week 0 pick 'em

Week 0 doesn't count for the season standings and such. It'll be the same as last year though, where I drop the lowest 3 and your score is everything else. Each week the bonus round is get within a field goal of the total score for a game of the week and you get a field goal's worth of bonus points.

Link to form: https://forms.gle/qCSYAwGL3e3EhHyu8

Link to standings: doesn't exist yet

Games:
MIAMI v FLA*
ZONA @ HAW

Pre-season Conference/Playoff Predictions (thanks to Bucknuticus )

Predictions are due Thursday, August 29 at 7 PM if you want to be eligible for a sense of pride and accomplishment.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
DISCORD

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
PODCAST

Search for the podcast on iTunes, Spotify, Pocket Casts, Overcast, etc for Academically Ineligible and you should find it. Or, you can add the RSS feed. http://feeds.feedburner.com/AcademicallyIneligible

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
S4E4 - His Name is Tathan

In episode 4 of season four of the last remaining college football podcast, we have a special guest on to help us preview the ACC. We preview what may be the worst conference in football, obviously aside from Clemson. We hope you enjoy.

Please subscribe, rate, and review on iTunes, send emails to [email protected] and follow us on Twitter at Ineligible_Pod.

Last edited:

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Putting it here for posterity;

Odd numbered year, not the preseason #1 amd just came off a bad loss. Looking pretty good for another Bama Natty, 09, 11, 15, 17 and yes I acknowledge that 13 messes it up, but that only bc they won in 12. No other reason, no sir, not at all.

So here's to another year! Excited to have this dumb exploitative sport back, wish it was better, but it is definitely better than the NFL so there.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lets just stay healthy for the entire year, ok?

Dawg, I didn't realize our top 3 OLB's all had ACL injuries in the last calendar year.

Fucking hell.

Odd numbered year, not the preseason #1 amd just came off a bad loss. Looking pretty good for another Bama Natty, 09, 11, 15, 17 and yes I acknowledge that 13 messes it up, but that only bc they won in 12. No other reason, no sir, not at all.

So here's to another year! Excited to have this dumb exploitative sport back, wish it was better, but it is definitely better than the NFL so there.

We got this in the bag!

Loki, pls, fuck with someone else

I'm gonna be cheering for OU this year, too. As long as their games don't coincide with Alabama's, I'll be tuned in. Do us proud, Jalen.

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
It will be interesting to see what Lincoln Riley can pull out of Jalen.

The no QB pressure, full air mail conference should be a nice change of pace for the dude.

AquaRegia

Oct 25, 2017
Texas A&M: the Best and Most Important 6-6 team this year!

It's a shame the Super Bowl isn't played first, so you could guarantee it based on if the Patriots won.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
Go Big Red this season! It feels like we aren't back yet, but will definitely be better than last year.

My prediction: 8-4, maybe 9-3 if we get some balls to bounce our way.

I would say that BYU v Utah is a notable game, considering it is the Holy War and all that...

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to see Ash screw up again and tie his future to Artur Sitkowski, only for Carter McClane to come in when the games are out of reach and actually look competent.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Let's goooooo! Justin Fields better live up to his hype. Really excited to see what Day can do also, I have a gut feeling he is going to be a good one.

Deacon

Oct 25, 2017
After not following it much over off season, I'm past ready for football. Hope Florida/Miami game is exciting... I'd settle for a meteor game 😈

Hoping for no significant injuries this year... especially on the defensive side. Please spare the LB's.

Oct 25, 2017
Ready for another drunk hook-up of a season. Finally get up for it only to not be able to finish. Good times.

Go Blue!

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
Week 0 pick 'em

Week 0 doesn't count for the season standings and such. It'll be the same as last year though, where I drop the lowest 3 and your score is everything else. Each week the bonus round is get within a field goal of the total score for a game of the week and you get a field goal's worth of bonus points.

Link to form: https://forms.gle/qCSYAwGL3e3EhHyu8

Link to standings: doesn't exist yet

Games:
MIAMI v FLA*
ZONA @ HAW

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Search for the podcast on iTunes, Spotify, Pocket Casts, Overcast, etc for Academically Ineligible and you should find it. Or, you can add the RSS feed. http://feeds.feedburner.com/AcademicallyIneligible

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
S4E5 - Going all the Way with Sexas Tech

In episode 5 of season four of the last remaining college football podcast, we preview the SEC, do conference predictions, and preview week 0 games. We hope you enjoy.

Please subscribe, rate, and review on iTunes, send emails to [email protected] and follow us on Twitter at Ineligible_Pod.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
are we going to get a main Off-Topic waiver for the first couple of weeks like the good old days? I almost forgot this topic exists and I am the biggest college football fan that I know!

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Go Gators

Watching College Football sucks overseas. Florida plays at 1 AM my time :( I uh, really hope there aren't too many late games this year lol, for my own sanity

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
I am so glad this exists.

I also just discovered that Hulu is carrying the ACC network, so I guess that means I get to see Clemson Week 1.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite moment of 2018 outside of my own team was getting the notification from Lonestar saying to turn to the SEC Network because A&M and LSU were going to overtime. Then watching for the next hour and a half as it went to 7 overtimes.

My favorite moment involving my own team was when we got the safety against West Virginia. Aside from the TCU game the year before I've never heard Jack Trice get that loud. Plus the cell phone lights were really cool.

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Can't believe College Football is back tomorrow. Hope this Gator/Canes game is good.

If not, there is always Pac-12 After Dark.

My favorite moment of 2018 outside of my own team was getting the notification from Lonestar saying to turn to the SEC Network because A&M and LSU were going to overtime.

That was great, as was watching the WVU/Texas game and hearing Will Grier say "we're gonna end the fucking game".

2018 regular season was fun.

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
The Discord was on fire during that LSU / A&M overtime.

I know I was tapping my ass off to try to keep up with how fucking bananas that game was.

AquaRegia

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know why people keep taking about the 7OT game. After all, it was only the 11th best game last year.

Now that Clemson - BC barnburner, that's where it's at!

Status
Not open for further replies.