• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
It's not like they made up those factual statistics

Ohio State has more wins over currently ranked teams with much larger margins of victory. Ohio State also had to play nine conference games and no FCS teams, unlike LSU.
I was saying Fox because those stats were cherry picked and Cincinnati is so garbage that the stats were skewed. I saw them live in Tampa and USF missed like 4 field goals and lost by 3.

Oct 25, 2017
That second half was more like it

Predictions:

1 LSU
2. Ohio St
3. Clemson
4. Oklahoma

Rose: Oregon/Wisconsin
Cotton: Memphis/Utah
Sugar: Georgia/Baylor
Orange: Florida/Virginia

1. Joe Burrow
2. Justin Fields
3. Jalen Hurts

Sorry Chase Young :(

Oct 27, 2017
As badly as Ohio State played in the first half, it would be hard to argue that LSU is a demonstrably better team.

Offensively, the teams are comparable:
Scoring - Ohio State (1), LSU (2)
Total - LSU (2), Ohio State (5)

But there is a major difference on defense:
Scoring - Ohio State (3), LSU (31)
Total - Ohio State (1), LSU (35)

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
As badly as Ohio State played in the first half, it would be hard to argue that LSU is a demonstrably better team.

Yeah the "complete" team defense has been a point of discussion all year for that very reason. I think we keep #1 but if we didn't finish the way we did I wouldn't have been surprised at dropping to 2.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017

Predictions:

1 LSU
2. Ohio St
3. Clemson
4. Oklahoma

1. Joe Burrow
2. Justin Fields
3. Jalen Hurts

Assuming the committee does the right thing and puts Wisconsin in the Rose, I think PSU goes to the Cotton. They'll probably end up with a higher rank than Utah, and they travel better.

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio State should be number one by virtue of playing nine conference games whereas LSU played 3-9 FCS Northwestern State

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Man, I didn't even realize Ohio State had to play against top 10 teams for the last 3 weeks.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Predictions:

1 LSU
2. Ohio St
3. Clemson
4. Oklahoma

1. Joe Burrow
2. Justin Fields
3. Jalen Hurts

Crazy how Bama is most likely getting left out of a New Years bowl. That team is coming back passed next year. Look out

Josh5890

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio State should be number one by virtue of playing nine conference games whereas LSU played 3-9 FCS Northwestern State

Yea they should really discourage those FCS games. I get it that those games bring in a lot of money for the smaller schools by really at the end of the day, they don't even qualify as cupcake games.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017

LSU has played superior offenses. Both Texas and Alabama rank in the top 15 nationally in total offense.

What's the best offensive team OSU has played? Bucky? They're 35th, one dimensional, and no other OSU opponent ranks in the top 50 in total offense.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
I'm glad this year that we're debating whether we should be No. 1 instead of No. 4, like every other year ^_^

Oct 27, 2017
Who wants this hypothetical playoff

(1) LSU v (8) Memphis
(2) Ohio State v (7) Florida
(3) Clemson v (6) Georgia
(4) Oklahoma v (5) Oregon

Josh5890

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
And not a single one of their conference wins is as good as Georgia or Bama.

1. LSU
2. Ohio St
3. Clemson
4. Oklahoma

LSU > Clemson for the final. Go Tigahs.

Penn state could hold their own against this two teams. They did have the closest game of anyone against Ohio St.

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you for adding Memphis. Any expands should guarantee a group of 5 team a spot

Yeah, I figure 5 autos for P5 conf champs and 1 for highest ranked G5 team. At-large bids for Georgia and Florida as I'm guessing they will be the highest ranked non champs. Didn't put too much thought into the seeding so I guess some teams could be moved around.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
A lot of people are saying LSU on the radio and other places, if style points matter… No matter how the top 4 shakes out looking forward to every one of the matchups

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
It's really hard to judge strength of schedule in college football because the teams mostly just play their own conference opponents, and we don't have context as to how strong that conference is most of the time, we just have to assume they're close.

I think the SEC has benefited from a massive amount of manufactured hype over the past 15 years, but of all the years this is probably the one time where it's actually warranted, Auburn is the 5th best team in the SEC and they beat the Pac-12 champ. That gave us context.

For whatever reason the committee isn't as impressed with the SEC as they should be, and they're equating wins against Michigan/Penn/Wisc as equal to wins over Alabama.How many TDs would Alabama be favored over Michigan/PennSt/Wisc on a neutral field even without Tua? 2 TDs at least? Maybe even more than that.

But it doesn't really matter, there's 3 teams that are clearly better than everyone else and they're all in.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
LSU is going to win it all, and rightfully so. They are definitely the best.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
The OK Boomer meme will propel Oklahoma to win.

Or at the very least not get completely blown out.

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
Who wants this hypothetical playoff

(1) LSU v (8) Memphis
(2) Ohio State v (7) Florida
(3) Clemson v (6) Georgia

I want this hypothetical playoff:

(1) LSU v (8) Appalachian State/(9) Florida Atlantic
(2) Ohio State v (7) Boise State/(10) Miami (OH)
(3) Clemson v (6) Memphis

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Here is how the playoff games should happen for the first round all 4 teams play at once on two fields one going north and south and the other east and west. Then after those two teams win they play after a 60 minute half time. Then out of nowhere Bama comes out and wins the CFB championship.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The 8 team playoff idea doesn't make any sense to me. This year especially the top four seeds would blow out the bottom 4. Dont water down the season for some blowout first round games. College football is a regular season sport, they switched to the play off because some years the difference between the #1-4 teams is pretty small. No one seriously thinks Memphis is the best team in college football. Georgia got blown out yesterday.