• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jun 1, 2018
Mold can be present on the fabric insert inside the helmet, posing a risk of respiratory or other infections in individuals with compromised immune systems, damaged lungs or an allergy to mold.

1_33.jpg

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Yes but have you heard about the wonderful mold-inhibiting properties of a nylon bag

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Is that even the 76 helmet? Wasn't that more green and standard and this says return to Gamestop, so probably some crap they sell in store?

mueske

Apr 11, 2019
That's hilarious, in a tragic sort of way. How Bethasda doomed themselves with this game..

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
It's a genuine bummer that The Elder Scrolls and Fallout series will continue to be owned by modern BGS.

Why can't they fuck up franchises I don't care about instead?

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was just using one of these, cant find any problemas what you guys think

molded.png

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
this game just can't catch a breath, can it? Constantly surrounded by bad press. This game hasn't done Bethesda any favours in regards to their reputation

TimPV3

Oct 30, 2017
This was the Nuka Cola edition helmet that was supposed to be released around E3. GameStop never ended up releasing it, as the issue was discovered and all stores were instructed to send them back (though some did make it to eBay). Not sure why it took ~3 months to issue the recall.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
We should keep in mind this is the responsibility of Chronicle LLC, the actual manufacturer of the product, before continuing to dogpile Bethesda.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Is there like no ventilation in that thing? I'm guessing most people won't have issues, but there are probably few people who sweat a lot and wore it for a while and it never aired out properly.

It's sad how everything about this game is a train wreck. One of the biggest botches I've seen in my 30+ years of gaming.

Pantaghana

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Croatia
Is there a single thing that went right with FO76?

I'm genuinely asking, because off the top of my head I remember:
- Bethesda launcher being shit and deleting game files or something like that
- Game being a buggy piece of shit
- Servers being shit
- Nuclear codes having shit implementation
- Launching multiple nukes crashing servers
- People hacking
- People getting banned for modding (which they went back and forth on being allowed?)
- The bag thing
- Lies about a lack of materials which caused the bag thing
- Accidentally doxxing people that opened customer support tickets about the bag thing
- A shitty non apology about the bag thing
- A microtransaction store filled with reskins
- The store also sold some gameplay affecting items after promises that the store would not have gameplay affecting items
- One guy getting banned for collecting an absurd amount of ammo through legit means

I'm sure I'm missing something.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Is there a single thing that went right with FO76?

I'm genuinely asking, because off the top of my head I remember:
- Bethesda launcher being shit and deleting game files or something like that
- Game being a buggy piece of shit
- Servers being shit
- Nuclear codes having shit implementation
- Launching multiple nukes crashing servers
- People hacking
- People getting banned for modding (which they went back and forth on being allowed?)
- The bag thing
- Lies about a lack of materials which caused the bag thing
- Accidentally doxxing people that opened customer support tickets about the bag thing
- A shitty non apology about the bag thing
- A microtransaction store filled with reskins
- The store also sold some gameplay affecting items after promises that the store would not have gameplay affecting items
- One guy getting banned for collecting an absurd amount of ammo through legit means

I'm sure I'm missing something.
They just released raids that permenantly deleted everything in your inventory if you crashed during a certain part (a not infrequent occurrence) and they refused to restore anyone's stuff.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the hilarity ended months ago. This game has been so entertaining. Not from playing, just observing.

Oct 30, 2017
So I bought this helmet second hand. Am I just done for then?

Edit: Nvm. I initially thought this was for the regular edition. Still has me worried, but at least for now I'm okay

Last edited:

fenners

Oct 27, 2017
Is that even the 76 helmet? Wasn't that more green and standard and this says return to Gamestop, so probably some crap they sell in store?

It was a separate run for Gamestop this year that they withdrew before it even hit shelves because of potential mold issues. There was a thread on reddit about it months ago. Looks like the factory didn't pack it properly?

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
Mods need to fix the title, this isn't the F76 helmet, just the regular helmet that Gamestop was selling.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Quick edit: This does appear to be the same helmet included with special collector's edition version of Fallout '76, but was also sold at retail with a variant, which they seem to be using an image of for the recall information. The fault here does lie the manufacture though, not solely Bethesda, and let's try to keep that in mind.