• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when the Jurassic World was a really muddled and poorly commentary on Blockbusters having to top itself by making bigger dinosaurs

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Spielberg owes us an apology for elevating so damn many mediocre white directors over the last 20-30 years. Just an endless supply of soulless, superficial copies of himself.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
1649537220357.png

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
i still laugh when people think this hack wouldve made a better Ep9, no he wouldnt, it would the same shit sandwich but sprinkled with corn.

the only reason to have him do Ep9 would be that it maybe kills his chances to return to JP, but instead JJ fucked Ep9 and Trevs gonna fuck this one instead.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't like recent Jurassic movies and trevorrow is not a great director but
I think he just ment that unlike other dinasours who hunt for food or territory this one will be sadistic and chaotic like joker

Civilstrife

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't he do that in his two previous Jurassic World movies? Wasn't the whole point that Indominus Rex and its raptor hybrid were just plain evil dinos who liked to kill for fun?

In any case, it's the least interesting choice that could be made here.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Didn't he do that in his two previous Jurassic World movies? Wasn't the whole point that Indominus Rex and its raptor hybrid were just plain evil dinos who liked to kill for fun?

I swear he even referred to them as Jokers in the past too.

Also, like, that's not really what the Joker is like/wants? At least not normally. If dude just wanted to watch the world burn he'd leave Batman alone and blow up stuff around the world. His crimes normally have some sort of purpose or gag beyond 'yay destruction.'

Caddywompus

Mar 10, 2018
If I were directing these big budget summer blockbusters I'd say gibberish like this too just to get the internet's metaphorical panties in a bunch.

Oct 25, 2017
So like the Spinosaurus in JP3 who behaved like a serial killer in a slasher movie from the 80s rather than an animal?

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So, in other, less dumb words: a psychotic dinosaur that acts more like a slasher villain than a real animal. Which has been the story of the last 3 movies. The people in charge really are bereft of ideas.

Trevorrow is just the wrong person for this franchise. It's clear he's passionate about it, but beyond the broadest ideas, his work on this franchise is abject terrible.

Just get JA Bayona back, and hand him a coherent script that wasn't produced by the equivalent of a thousand monkeys smashing their furry mitts for a thousand hours at a thousand keyboards.

So are people only excited for this off the back of the original trio reuniting? I've seen A LOT of positivity surrounding this one in particular, which is odd considering Fallen Kingdom exists.

I'm excited for Giga, Quetzalcoatlus, Therizinosaurus, feathered dinos and the inclusion of therapsids. I grew up with the originals, but I don't have the slightest interest in sustaining a nostalgia boner for the old chars.

I can understand if people who liked JW but not FK are excited, since he's also directing this one. I've seen some be interested in the premise.

Last edited:

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
Dinosaurs that wanted to watch the world burn had a real moment millions of years ago.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
This statement is enough to get him retroactively removed from the film. They have to start over from scratch now.

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I keep forgetting this dude exists, and the world keeps disappointing me.
What's weird is that Safety Not Guaranteed is charming and pretty great, then both him and Connolly have stumbled all over the place in the blockbuster world. Don't know if the actors saved that film or if they can't handle the spotlight or what.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017

Yep, theres a scene in the JW where they find a trail of dead dinos and pratt said the indorex was hunting for sport not for food, this dude is just an idiot

the super raptor wasnt evil though, it was the genius weapon where you aim a gun at someone and instead of pulling the trigger and shooting bullets, you shoot radio waves at the person and then have the raptor do a bullets job, since bullets apparently cost 5B in this world or something

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
What's weird is that Safety Not Guaranteed is charming and pretty great, then both him and Connolly have stumbled all over the place in the blockbuster world. Don't know if the actors saved that film or if they can't handle the spotlight or what.
Either the movie was a fluke or being able to make a charming low scale indie movie that mostly takes place in a backyard (its been ages since i watched memory shit) doesn't translate to making Blockbuster

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, theres a scene in the JW where they find a trail of dead dinos and pratt said the indorex was hunting for sport not for food, this dude is just an idiot

the super raptor wasnt evil though, it was the genius weapon where you aim a gun at someone and instead of pulling the trigger and shooting bullets, you shoot radio waves at the person and then have the raptor do a bullets job, since bullets apparently cost 5B in this world or something
But super dinosaurs that probably cost billions to make can be sold for 24 million

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I keep forgetting how he went from a quirky indie sci-fi comedy Safety Not Guaranteed to one of the most disliked Hollywood filmmakers. Anyway loving the Joker jokes in this thread.

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
It wasn't even radio waves, it was a human-audible noise. So, like, it wouldn't even be useful as a stealthy takedown, because your gun still made a super loud noise.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I, for one, hope it's a big Triceratops abomination with the word "Damaged" written on it's frill in a nice clean font.

John Hammond is going to freak.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
*Sees title of thread*

What?

*Reads explaination from director*

What?

*Reads Directors justification for the idea*

Still fucking WHAT?

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Strange

The existence of Prehistoric Planet makes me feel less annoyed with this. Sure, go ahead, make Giganotosaurus the joker, I finally have some non-bullshit for high budget Dino media