• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Robin Lord Taylor's version from Gotham is what I expect Penguin to be like moving forward. They gave him a limp and a slight bump in his nose along with some crazy hair that evolved as the show went on.

Yup.

Say what you will about 'Gotham,' but Robin Lord Taylor proved that not every live-action version of The Penguin needs to be fat/overweight.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
This sounds like really great casting. He would be a great gangster, but I would hope he gets a lot to work with, and is not just one of many villains in the movie.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Totally off-topic (sort of), but I really hope they finally make Batman look like this for the movie (or at least something like it - just gimme those white eyes):
jarold-sng-jsd-batman-2020-02-v2.jpg

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Q: How can Matt Reeves get people interested in another Batman reboot so soon?

A: Make it an A24 movie.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
First movie, for me, that has me more excited with every casting announcement.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Robin Lord Taylor's version from Gotham is what I expect Penguin to be like moving forward. They gave him a limp and a slight bump in his nose along with some crazy hair that evolved as the show went on.

He was one of the highlights of the show for me. Speaking of which I still need to watch the final season.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Could somebody sum up the penguin as a character to me really succinctly? All I really know about him is his typical look and that he seems like a mobster-type.
If Bruce Wayne was a vindictive-as-fuck crime boss. Rich, connections and eyes everywhere, ruthless and petty, the type that Batman goes to for underworld scoops because the Penguin has dirt on everyone. The middle-ground between gangster and super-villain

Oct 25, 2017
Could somebody sum up the penguin as a character to me really succinctly? All I really know about him is his typical look and that he seems like a mobster-type.
Generally? Crime boss, relatively large criminal organization with multiple legitimate fronts, intelligent and exceptionally violent when angered. Sometimes has a dope trick umbrella.

I hope this isn't going too realistic so we can have some supers in this movie.

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
"Hey Ozwald"
"Call me Ozzy"

I like Colin Farrell but he plays a lot f characters with "tude"

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
I still want Penguin to act like an aristocrat. I always dug that aspect about his character in the comics.