• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Hmmm, I do think the ostracisation from his family is an important part of The Penguin and Farrell despite being a good actor is too much of a pretty boy? Penguin is supposed to be obese and rather ugly which plays a part in his anger. I'll have to wait and see on this.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
He's a fucking fantastic actor, I'm sure he'd figure out how to play a fucking comic book character even if he doesn't have the traditional look a lot of fans w/o imaginations come to expect.
colin-farrell-horrible-lossessml-257x300.jpg

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping they dont fatten him up and just give him a limp instead. Cuz all i can picture is horrible bosses if they go the prosthetic route haha

Great actor. Dudes been in a number of my favorite movies in the last 20 years

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
Telltale's version of the Penguin sort of resembles Farrell. That was a really interesting take on the character, so if Reeves goes a similar route I think Farrell could nail it.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
first casting of this movie that I just can't see

I don't doubt he is an awesome actor but .... i can't see it. Any version ... fat slim gotham burton anything

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Robin Lord Taylor's version from Gotham is what I expect Penguin to be like moving forward. They gave him a limp and a slight bump in his nose along with some crazy hair that evolved as the show went on.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
The more villains the bigger chance this will be straight up established Batman period rather than yet another origin story.

Falcon Mike

Jun 5, 2019
Colin Farrell: Hey Matt Reeves, When i first come at as Penguin on screen , Can you introduce me as Joker?

8vPGRRZ.jpg

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
That's... An interesting choice. Anyways, I'm down for a different interpretation of the Penguin. It was always weird people how people thought of "short and fat" or "like Danny DeVito" when it came to the character, instead of his, you know... character.

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Great actor. Interesting choice but I guess you can go in a hundred different directions with the idea of a 'mobster'

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
One of my favorite actors. This move has me very worried. It all seems so wrong. I hope its not going for cheese.

Deleted member 6173

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If only Philip Seymour Hoffman was still alive. I think he would have made a great Penguin.

I also think Riz Ahmed or Irrfan Khan would make great Penguin's.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds great to me. Happy to see Serkis getting a role outside of mocap too, he's very talented.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Batman (and Villian) movies continuing thier superiority over all other comic book movies.

Don't think it'll reach heights of Nolan trilogy, but it'll be amazing if it comes anywhere near it.

Nov 8, 2017
Serkis as Alfred sounds interesting, we'll have to see. Michael Gough, Michael Caine and Jemery Irons all brought a unique energy to their roles, and all did great jobs even when they weren't in good movies (like seriously - the Clooney-Gough scenes in Batman & Robin are weirdly out of place because they're actually solid scenes in such a fucking cheesy shitfest).

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
Colin Farrell is a great actor so I'm happy with him being Penguin. The cast in general for this movie looks amazing.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
Could somebody sum up the penguin as a character to me really succinctly? All I really know about him is his typical look and that he seems like a mobster-type.