• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
cannes_film_festival_portraitsday87113select-copy.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros is negotiating with Colin Farrell to play The Penguin in the Matt Reeves-directed The Batman. If the deal closes, he will round out the trio of villains going against Rob Pattinson's Caped Crusader, with Paul Dano as The Riddler and Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman.

The Irish-born actor has turned in an array of performances in very different films that include Dumbo, Widows, Roman J. Israel Esq, The Lobster and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, and has dialed up the intensity in a superhero villain role before when he menaced Ben Affleck's Daredevil character in the showy role of Bullseye, years ago.

Source

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see that at all. Please no.

Edit: Same. I thought it read Will Ferrell as well. Still. Colin Farrell would be an awkward fit.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Now that's an out of left field choice for that character. Goddamn.

Colin is amazing in everything though so I'm down.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Hmmm.

Colin is usually fantastic in smaller films and pretty bland in bigger studio stuff.

Interesting choice and he is more than capable of a good performance but I dont feel strongly about this one way or the other.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This is getting kinda crazy.

Also in talks: Matthew McConaughey as Two-Face, Andy Serkis as Alfred.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Colin Farrell is probably one of the actors I like the most, he steals all the scenes he is in, so they just made me excited about Penguin who I haven't been feeling.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Should've brought back DeVito.

I'm expecting that Joker making an appearance is going to very secret if it does happen

Practice?!?

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 2, 2019
Meh, wish the dude in my avatar had this role .

the best Collin Farrell has always been his subtle performances.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
thank god Jonah hill didn't get a role as one of the villains

this a very unexpected choice, and I'm here for it

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
He's a fucking fantastic actor, I'm sure he'd figure out how to play a fucking comic book character even if he doesn't have the traditional look a lot of fans w/o imaginations come to expect.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Matt Reeves probably knows what he's doing but I can't picture him in the role at the moment. Andy Serkis I can definitely see but maybe it's too obvious. Farrell I assoicate more with cooler or pychotic characters. I imagine the Penguin as someone uglier and who wants to be cool but isn't.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can we get a quick mock-up as to how Colin Farrell would look as the Penguin? Thanks.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
This cast is completely bananas.

And we are slowly going towards a Long Halloween-esque the more i see the villain list, i am so so in.