• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
I've recently been trying to drop a few pounds and the first thing I turned to on my quest to cut calories is my crippling vice: soda. I love the stuff way more than I should. I'm a pretty big Coca Cola / Dr. Pepper fiend. One of my buddies suggested Coke Zero Sugar. I historically have disliked most Diet and low-calorie sodas but I bought a bottle and found myself liking it. I bought another later in the week and was like, damn, this is pretty good. I bought a case for the house and have been cracking one open for those few times water isn't cutting it for me a couple of times a week and I think it's gotten to the point I might prefer it to regular Coke. This is definitely the GOAT of low-calorie sodas that I've tried. I'll still be trying to cut my soda intake down but I think this might be my new go-to for those times when I get a soda craving.

imageService

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
every time a product says "improved taste" my first thought is "oh so it was trash before"

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed, started drinking these recently and I think it's replaced regular coke for me. My only complaint is that they are flatter than regular coke

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
i mean i imagine pure cocaine would be preferable to coke that's been cut with sugar but you probs shouldn't be doing it either way

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I tried it once years ago and really didn't care for it. Certainly was better than diet, but ehhhhh.

I really should try it again though. I drink too much coke.

NMFried

Oct 25, 2017
TX
This is my go-to for caffeine. Something about it at like 12:30 p.m. just kicks my ass back into gear.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much in the same boat for wanting something to get at the soda cravings. It's quite good.

Lothar

Oct 25, 2017
i love coke zero but my favorite is Diet coke with Splenda but that's much harder to find. Not in a lot of stores, not in gas stations

Aldo

Mar 19, 2019
I tried Raspberry Coke Zero recently and it's amazing. Vanilla/Cherry Coke Zero are still the GOATs, honorable mention for Feisty Cherry Diet Coke.
Congratulations on your new sugarless soda journey OP, soon enough you'll be disgusted by regular soda. It's like liquid candy for me now, too much.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I somehow lost about 25 pounds over the course of four months now and this is the only soft drink I've had, so yeah I approve.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
I miss Coke Zero, But Coke Zero Sugar is pretty decent. On the flip side, Zero Sugar Vanilla And Cherry are terrific.

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
Love love love this. It's pretty wild how good it tastes. I prefer it to regular Coke. I like to put half a lemon slice in the glass for a little extra refreshment.

Callandor

Oct 27, 2017
The Orange Vanilla is excellent. If you can actually buy it in your area, Mello Yello Zero is also excellent.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I switched to Coke Zero about 6 months ago. Haven't had a sugar soda in that time. Cherry Coke Zero is freaking amazing, but I can't find it anywhere.

This, however, is my favorite

0007800003530_0_A1C1_0600.png

It tastes exactly like regular Dr. Pepper.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I normally do diet but sometimes do zero. Can't drink normal sodas really anymore. Taste too sweet.

Also thought this thread was going to be about some new coke zero chillhop channel like that god-awful pepsi one

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed. Can't get back into regular - tastes like drinking sugar straight.

Crazy how you don't notice if you constantly drink it.

discotheque

Dec 23, 2019
If it's ice cold then it pretty much tastes exactly like coke, the warmer it gets the more it tastes like medicine

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
It's my go to soft drink and actually tastes pretty good if you mix it with whiskey as well.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I started drinking these a while back and never looked back.

Still, I prefer Pepsi Max more. That one is even better than Pepsi itself.

captainzombie

Nov 29, 2017
Cherry Coke and Dr. Pepper Zero Sugar is really good. I've drank regular sodas my entire life with some diet here and there which is kinda meh, but this stuff is really good. I even bought some Mountain Dew zero sugar recently and that stuff has been good too.

I know diet sodas have had some really bad health risks in the past, even more so than regular sodas due to the type of sugar being used. Have we heard anything bad with these zero sugar sodas?

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I switched to Coke Zero about 6 months ago. Haven't had a sugar soda in that time. Cherry Coke Zero is freaking amazing, but I can't find it anywhere.

This, however, is my favorite

0007800003530_0_A1C1_0600.png

It tastes exactly like regular Dr. Pepper.

Just started finding this (in 2L bottles) at my local store after not seeing any diet Pepper in stock for weeks.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
It's good but Pepsi Zero Sugar is vastly superior, at least to my taste buds. Has a more pleasant after taste imo.