• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I really prefer just using a jar and then running the coffee through a filter afterwards. The cleaner result makes a big difference to me. I don't like my cold brew maker much.
Is that any different from the Takeya below? It's basically a big pitcher with a built in coffee filter in the middle. What does your cold brew maker do?

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
Inside my body.

Hot,cold
Cream,black
Sugar,no suger

Any combination of those above.

So long as it's strong. The coffee should be sentient and form tentacles to try and crawl out of the pot and cup as you drink it.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I grind beans each morning and do a 1:15-16 ratio pour over in a Chemex.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Always black, always hot, always a dark roast. I don't care too much about the brewing method.

Ashdroid

Oct 27, 2017
Strong and black. So, at coffee shops, I get either an iced americano or cold brew. Though, when it's cold af I'll get a soy latte for a bit more warmth.

At home, I use a moka pot. Easy, fast, strong as hell, and amazingly flavorful.

Black usually. Sometimes a little salt. Sometimes a little nutmeg or cinnamon. Some unsweetened cocoa powder can also be lovely (just a pinch, though).

Never any milk or sugar, though. Just ruins it for me.
oooh. Cinnamon sounds good. I'll have to try that.

Last edited:

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Mostly black, sometimes a cappuccino. I think I prefer a medium/dark roast. As long as it's on the stronger side. No sweeteners added.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is that any different from the Takeya below? It's basically a big pitcher with a built in coffee filter in the middle. What does your cold brew maker do?

Yeah they are very similar.

It works and everything, I just feel like the contact with the coffee is fairly limited and the filter isn't tight enough to contain the dust even when you grind very coarse.

I just prefer the slightly more effort of filtering the coffee through a paper filter to get a cleaner end result. I also like to make much more at a time than these things make. I've been making 96oz in a go.

Sammex

Oct 25, 2017
Black.

Fresh ground into the aeropress. I probably make it way too strong too, I normally do a big couple of spoons of the grounds.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I'll usually drink it black at home (if I have good coffee), but I like it any way. A bit of cream to even out an overly roasted coffee (e.g. Starbucks). A bit of sugar to mask a bad acidic coffee (e.g. Tim Hortons). And sometimes a mocha or latte are nice.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
I like dark roasts generally. I use a french press, and then put a small amount of soy milk and honey in it.

watham

Oct 30, 2017
Alabama, USA
I love Sbux's (or homebrewed) cold brew with heavy cream! Not too sweet, not too bitter and the cream fills me up enough that I'm not hungry for breakfast.

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have any particular preference and drink it all sorts of ways, black, cold, iced, milk only, sugar only, flavored, whatever.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_m9d9ree4ve1rn8qgwo4_250.gif

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Fresh grind, aeropress, every morning. Black with no sugar. Usually I try weird variations but my subscription service got mauled by the USPS bullshit.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Generally just black, to wake up for the day. But if I am drinking coffee as a treat I'll get a sugary flavored coffee.

Oxyrain

Oct 25, 2017
Instant coffee, powdered milk and some sugar. No consistency in the amounts, I should probably just pre-mix them in a big jar.

KorrZ

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
The daily driver is Black coffee made via the Chemex, I grind fresh and get my beans from a local roaster in town.

I also have an espresso machine for lattes, cappucinos, etc. if I'm in the mood.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Black, paper filter. Most mornings I'm too lazy for French Press so I just use a Keurig and scoop my own into a little reusable cup.

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
Like a cappuccino.
But since I don't have the hardware or patience to do that at home, some cream and a little bit of sugar. Sometimes Bailey's or "Irish cream flavored" creamer.

Gotta say I have no desire to force myself to learn to like black coffee.

Nov 14, 2017
It depends on the time of day and the season.

For example, a nice mid-afternoon coffee in the fall is a mid roast with herbal notes brewed with rosemary, cinnamon, and a bit of brown sugar done in a French press.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Hot and black. If it's super insanely strong or bitter, maybe I'll sprinkle in a couple grains of sugar, but that is very very rare, like once every couple years or something....the last time I can remember doing it was a with an insanely strong espresso in Mexico.

mute

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 25, 2017
Americano in the morning and Latte/Mocha in the evening. I've got this Cinnamon one I make from time to time too. All my SO ever wants is caramel frappuccino.

Meatfist

Oct 25, 2017
My usual is 16:1 French Press, but I would love to have the time/dedication for a pourover setup or the money for a ballin' espresso machine

Black or nothin!

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
Black as my soul. I had a period where I put some buisman (a Dutch classic coffee additive, basically melasse and glucose syrope, heated and ground) in the filter.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
I built myself a chorreador so I could try and replicate the coffee I had in Costa Rica.

Black, dark roast usually. About 2 heaping tablespoons of grinds for one person.

I am so sorry most of you hate yourselves enough to drink black coffee.
I am sorry you hate yourself so much you deny yourself flavour