• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
After a lackluster and not nearly true to original GRiD remake, I wonder what this might be. Since they're saying something "different" and they now own both ex Evolution guys and Slightly Mad Studios I hope whatever this is, it turns out much better than the GRiD remake and Dirt 4.

forums.codemasters.com

Games | Forum | EA Answers HQ | EN

Can my computer run this game? How do I update my game? Get answers to your questions and join the Battlefield, EA SPORTS FC, Madden, Mass Effect, EA app, F1, Star Wars or The Sims communities.

Prepare to see something new roar to life in the world of DiRT, very soon. Developed by a separate Codemasters studio to the DiRT Rally team, we're incredibly excited about what's around the corner. We invite you to be part of a brand new experience, while also continuing to enjoy our definitive Rally offering.

Last edited:

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Different...? Gimme next gen Dirt Rally! Dirt Rally 3.0! It's perrrrrfect!

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in.

I know GRID and Dirt 4 missed some of their marks, but the industry needs to cherish a studio as committed to racing games as Codemasters are.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Including this bit from the blog post is probably a good idea:

forums.codemasters.com

Games | Forum | EA Answers HQ | EN

Can my computer run this game? How do I update my game? Get answers to your questions and join the Battlefield, EA SPORTS FC, Madden, Mass Effect, EA app, F1, Star Wars or The Sims communities.

A Letter to the DiRT Rally 2.0 Community said:
Prepare to see something new roar to life in the world of DiRT, very soon. Developed by a separate Codemasters studio to the DiRT Rally team, we're incredibly excited about what's around the corner. We invite you to be part of a brand new experience, while also continuing to enjoy our definitive Rally offering.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they'll ever put the evolution guys to work instead of making mediocre racing games. Grid and dirt 4 were stinkers, rally isn't my thing.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So, Dirt Rally has been their more sim rally game, leaving the mainline Dirt games to be a bit more arcade. I'm predicting this will lead to Dirt 5. That said, Dirt 4 tried to split the difference between Rally and the previous Dirt games, and it didn't really work. Honestly? Probably time to bring back Dirt Showdown.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, references to Dirt Showdown.

A game I literally got for free (web promotion).

And still felt the need to have deleted from my Steam account.

Yrch

Oct 29, 2017
Something like Motorstorm? Pretty Please?
Or is Flat Out a hint to the good ol Flatout Games?

koshiro

Oct 27, 2017
Dirt 4 was great I thought - in terms of tone and in terms of gameplay. You could really feel the ground beneath you, the different surfaces etc, and it was forgiving enough to be fun without being too arcadey (by which I mean when it feels like sliding across a surface of ice no matter what surface you're on).

Really hope this new Dirt has that same gameplay, they really nailed it in 4.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Dirt 4 was great I thought - in terms of tone and in terms of gameplay. You could really feel the ground beneath you, the different surfaces etc, and it was forgiving enough to be fun without being too arcadey (by which I mean when it feels like sliding across a surface of ice no matter what surface you're on).

Really hope this new Dirt has that same gameplay, they really nailed it in 4.

hard disagree. i hated the handling in 4, it was a strange mishmash of dirt 3 and rally.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Grid 2019 was a huge disappointment. An arcadey Dirt with a fun progression system and diverse race types would be great.

Ryszard

Apr 7, 2018
Something different... that logo... Travis Pastrana shit again?

Why the hell they keep making the same mistake over and over?

Let's wait and see.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
What I wouldn't give for a Codemasters dirt bike/ATV/other weird dirt vehicles game.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Motorstorm please ; ; Motorstorm PLEASE!!! Please please please

I need a Motorstorm spiritual successor in my life. I've waited so frigging long. Rush I know you are watching this thread! Come on man.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I haven't played a racing game for soooo long. I'll be interested to what they do with this

SkoomaBlade

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Grid 2019 was a huge disappointment. An arcadey Dirt with a fun progression system and diverse race types would be great.
What is it about the new Grid that turned people off that they don't want applied to the new Dirt?

Been sticking to GT Sport and Dirt Rally 2 for my racing fix so I'm a bit out of the loop on Grid