• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Cool idea, sucks it's only at one location in CA, hopefully a lot of people do their part to donate blood.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, I remember when their initial slogan for this was #PrepareToDine

1apPXU7.jpg

I was actually a bit interested by that initial teaser :(

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol.. as nice as it is.. it is a direct copy of what Sony´s PR Department did in Denmark with Bloodborne..

https://www.gamereactor.dk/nyheder/281784/Fa+Bloodborne+gratis+giv+blod/ (danish link)

They even won some awards for this.

Since it's a positive initiative, I don't see an issue with them copying it tbh. Most game bundles, streams and such that donate to charities are definitely inspired by the early days of Humble Bundle and the first editions of Games Done Quick, but I don't see an issue if more companies started doing it because it brought great things to some people.

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Wow that's actually prettu cool from namco....

Now is your turn Square , take all my blood and give me a copy of DQ11S

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
I was just thinking what a cool idea this is, and that I'd definitely do it if it was running in the UK.

This got me thinking, because I wasn't actually sure if I could give blood, having had a transfusion a number of years back. Turns out I can't, which is honestly really disappointing - having benefited from the goodwill of others, I'd always had it in my mind to donate at some point and kind of pay it forward.

So I guess just a quick note to say thank you to anyone who has ever been (or plans to be) a donor.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Neat. Would be an interesting promo if it were more widespread, but I suppose that would cost the publishers too much.

Not that I could participate either way.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Heads up for anybody in the San Diego area planning on doing this, the appointment slots are already completely filled up, and they haven't said whether or not they'll allow walk ins (and even if they do, the lines will probably be ridiculous)

I work downtown, so I'll probably check it out on my lunch-break.