• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
Seems a new patch just popped up for me and my bro while play online in PS4. Patch 1.10. Seems to add some Halloween customization items.
Oh! I'm playing the game right now and when I alt tab out of steam I can see that I have an update queued. Going to download soon.

I've added some spooky details for the season. I wonder what else I should add.
cueYrsI.jpg

hAnQtRG.jpg

You can now turn off the minimap rotation from the options menu which is super nice.

There's also a new glowing spot right next to the mistle in the home base that will allow you to decrease the difficulty if you want to revert back from NG+.

Last edited:

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Did they nerf anything in the update? I'm really close to the end and don't want my Zwei strength build gimped.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
Did they nerf anything in the update? I'm really close to the end and don't want my Zwei strength build gimped.
It doesn't look like they nerfed anything.
Patch 1.10 has now been released for
CODE VEIN
! The update implements the following:

ADDITIONAL CONTENTS
  • New creation accessories, color pallets and face paints, Halloween-themed.
  • New function for hair parts that allows to use as left-right symmetry.

UPDATES

〈Character creation〉

• Character creation data can be available at the camp.
  • Extensions can be made symmetrical.
  • Adjustments to accessory costs.

〈Exploration〉

• Add option to lock the direction of radar mini-map.
  • Trial of Blood only occurs a second time when the dropped item is picked up.
  • Option to turn off exploration conversation.

〈Battle〉

• Pop up message appears when the player is afflicted with status effect.
  • Option to turn off damage screen effects when player is about to die.
  • Ichor can be collected from sandbags at the camp.

〈System〉

• Option to reduce difficulty which has been raised in new game plus.
  • Buddies can be changed at the Mistle.
  • Some item icons are adjusted.

BUG FIXES
  • Fixed application errors on the following conditions.
    - Moving to event scenes with specific Blood Veil.
    - Guarding continuously right after pushing confirm button in front of a closed door.
    - Rebooting the game on Steam after moving to sleep mode during launching the game.
  • Fixed matching facility while using keywords on Steam.
  • Adjusted battle effects.
  • Adjusted enemy's movement.
  • Fixed other minor issues.

Happy Halloween, Revenants 🎃

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
When using different gifts, it just says "defeat the enemy" under "Proficency Req.", but the bar wont move at all eventhough i've used the gift many times. Am i missing something? I've leveled up some gifts, but i didnt pay attention if the bar moved or not in those cases (i just got a message on the screen saying that i maxed out a gift).

THE_W1TCHER

Oct 28, 2017
When using different gifts, it just says "defeat the enemy" under "Proficency Req.", but the bar wont move at all eventhough i've used the gift many times. Am i missing something? I've leveled up some gifts, but i didnt pay attention if the bar moved or not in those cases (i just got a message on the screen saying that i maxed out a gift).

You don't need to use a gift to inherit it. Defeating enemies while it is equipped would suffice. But the progress is affected by both the gifts level and enemy level. Which means for higher level gifts you should defeat higher level enemies and you can't farm it with lower level ones as it progress it very little.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
You don't need to use a gift to inherit it. Defeating enemies while it is equipped would suffice. But the progress is affected by both the gifts level and enemy level. Which means for higher level gifts you should defeat higher level enemies and you can't farm it with lower level ones as it progress it very little.
Ah ok, i see, thanks for the info. I just got to a later part in the game, and i now see that the bars have filled up a bit :)

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I was in Vegas for a week and haven't touched the Halloween content.

So I haven't seen this posted but the new appearance import option allows a work around to change body type, sex, and voice for your game save. Just start a new game and make a character with the different set of the normally unalterable features and save it in a slot. Load up your main game save and import the new character. You'll now notice that your other saved presets will retain those new face, body, and voice settings.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
They should have increased the number of medals you can get. Dumb MP trophy.
Its the last trophy i need, and yeah, it will definitely take some time. I currently got 72 medals, so i'm missing 328 medals. While its fairly easy to find people to play with online, the biggest issue for my sake is that i might spawn early on in the levels. No problem in terms of playing, its actually a good design in terms of that. It means that its easier to find people to play with. However, it also means that it can take a much longer time to get a medal, and it also decreases the chances because i most likely will use some of my healing items before i get to the boss. If i could guarantee a spawn infront of bosses only, it would still take a lot of time, but at least it would be quicker.

I'm not sure if i will continue playing the game now or wait until (if) they patch in a higher medal payoff. I still enjoy the game, but i want to play other games too :) Or maybe they will add a PvP mode, which could also increase the chance of getting the medals.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So is it worth a purchase now or wait for sales?

Just built a new pc and keen to try out some top notch gaming!
If you have the cash, just dive in. Lots of content here. I haven't beaten the game yet (slogging my way through a solo-ish playthrough), but I've put in over 100 hours after a restart where I was about 30 hours in. It clicked with me. I'm too busy messing with classes (blood codes) and combinations. I need to just get on with it and beat the game. This is my first venture into the soulsborne genre as well.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is $36 on the Xbox X worth it for this game guys, I've never really been into soul-like games but i had fun with one of the betas for this game.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have they detailed whats coming in the season pass or is still mysteriously and maddeningly vague?

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay after some reading here, yall convinced me to buy it after work today :p

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
I beat this game a while back now, and wanted to tell those on the fence to buy it. Fantastic game that needs a sequel.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
So I see someone asked the same question I was going to earlier on in the page. Games on sale on PSN for $35, I guess I'll pick it up. Seems worth it for that price!

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
I'm on the fence with this game, don't know much about it?
I enjoyed playing Bloodborne and Sekiro (don't know if it is a fair comparison)
Do you think I could like it?

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
My god, this game is a treat. Got it on PSN a few days ago and I'm loving it.
Did it sell well/do you guys think a sequel is possible?

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
So uhh this game is pretty good? The story isn't anything special in the context it's meant to be taken in but the overbearing melodrama is kind of hilarious and makes me want to keep playing.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
Bought it on PSN last night and so far I'm enjoying it. Character customization is really good and it's nice to play a more direct storyline with souls-like gameplay. I kept blowing the game off as a wannabe souls but it definitely has it's own identity with blood codes etc

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
This cathedral level that looks like Anor Londo is complete trash, definitely the first real low point of the game

other than that, the game is oddly satisfying to me, it is simple dungeon crawling style but somehow it works for me

and the game is fucking hard solo, those bosses are easily harder than Dark Souls bosses. the butterfly cost me 45 minutes of trying because i wanted to do it solo, it was sooo satisfying to beat her ass finally.

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This cathedral level that looks like Anor Londo is complete trash, definitely the first real low point of the game

other than that, the game is oddly satisfying to me, it is simple dungeon crawling style but somehow it works for me

and the game is fucking hard solo, those bosses are easily harder than Dark Souls bosses. the butterfly cost me 45 minutes of trying because i wanted to do it solo, it was sooo satisfying to beat her ass finally.
Yeah it's harder solo.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Minor patch/update just dropped (PS4). Unlocks some new stamp emotes and the bath towel. The towel can be recolored to look like a mini skirt.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
How is the performance of the PS4 pro for this?

it stutters unfortunately. in some areas it is okay, others are pretty bad. and there are like empty stretches for loading the next area where it is really awful.

but the game is really fun, some bosses are a good challenge when playing solo, i like it.

finally finished with the cathedral, that area was a slog...i thought i was going mad till i found the way

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm around 15-16 hours in and just finished the cathedral myself. I actually love this game. Not always the hugest fan of Souls-like games (I kinda suck at them) but this is right by my alley. I'm also getting more invested in the story and characters than I ever thought I would.
Very terrible female clothing choices aside this is a great game.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
Question: I restored
emily
but i can't recall if I used her vestiges before the fight. She's alive however she is in her boss form. I didn't restore anyone else because I was unaware of this mechanic for the end of the game. Does having her like that get me the neutral ending or am I fucked with the bad ending?

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
The patch notes look good and I'll be tempted to jump back in, but it'd be a shame if they left out photo mode. It's odd that they'd highlight it if they weren't confident about including it soon.

Question: I restored
emily
but i can't recall if I used her vestiges before the fight. She's alive however she is in her boss form. I didn't restore anyone else because I was unaware of this mechanic for the end of the game. Does having her like that get me the neutral ending or am I fucked with the bad ending?
You're fine; if she's present after the battle, it means you've restored her memories. One successor is enough for the neutral ending, so you should be locked into that ending now if you haven't restored the others.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Man I just beat the game. Took me about 34 hours. I suck at these types of games but I really loved CV.

Gameplay was fun, story was fairly interesting, and I really cared about the characters by the end.

When Io sacrificed herself I was so sad :( I knew that was going to happen but it hit me hard. They also set up the game perfectly for a sequel since there's a whole new world to venture into outside the mist. Also when the protagonist talked during the final boss it was pretty cool haha. Also when they said Io's name at the end...they're totally bringing her back for part 2.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Patch is live. Photo mode is in. Height adjustment requires creating a new character. I haven't had a chance to dig in. I'll play later.

Edit: The update killed my game save and put me before the final boss. I guess I'll have to do this again.

Photo mode is about what we've come to expect. It's comparable to Horizon's or Spider Man's. Maybe a bit more basic than that. You have to navigate menus to get to it, making action captures tricky. It also seems that it isn't accessible anywhere you can't access the menu. So lounging shots in the hub are out.

The new character edit options are welcome. Height is a simple grow or shrink option. Thankfully your character retains their proportions. There's a new body type option with 3 settings basically acting as a "chest" slider. The physique slider remains and it appears to operate mostly independent of the body type option. You can also now adjust head size for that SUPER anime look.

I've seen mentions of blood code nerfs such as Final Journey having a shorter timer, and only buffing movement by a single increment. This could mean no more quick dashing with heavy swords when activated unless you equip a lighter blood veil. It's an interesting adjustment that will force some players to move away from the hard hitting Queen Slayer builds for boss battles.

Edit 2: Messing with the photo mode. There are some fun frames that you can use. Too bad you can't combine filters though.

5giWZME.png

OAqLvFR.png

AOFRQ4A.png

Last edited:

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
This game has a been a great surprise so far. The mainstream media quickly discarded it as poors man animu dark souls, but I'm enjoying it immensely.

No wonder it won Fextra best soulslike of the year. Can already tell it has insane amount of options for build variety, art is great but that was a given for Shift.

I loveeee the idea of blood codes, hated how in Dark Souls if you don't meet stat requirements you can forget about using a huge chunk of the games weapons. Not in this game, just a simple blood code change and you can use the weapon you want with decent scaling, this opens up the game considerably as I don't have to stick to one particular weapon due to how I distributed my stats during level ups.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You can hit the options button on the PS4 controller to bring up a toggle menu when in photo mode. It allows you to map photo mode to a hotkey/action. Snapping action is much easier now.

K7YESMt.png

LC7lQLj.png

Luwme6E.png