• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Can you get anymore Atlas Chrome or is just from Yakumo? Cause I bought all he has and I've run out haha. I need more to try out other weapons. :(

Oct 26, 2017
Is there more info about the season pass? It says new bosses so now I'm interested. But how many and when?

What big reveal was that?

Have you beaten the game? I've at what seems to be the last area so don't click on this spoiler unless you are there or have beaten the game.
The big reveal being that the "horrors" are actually Aragami from God Eater. I had my suspicions but a comment I read made it jump from "somewhat possible" to "guaranteed" and then I saw the scene a short while into yesterday's play session.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Have you beaten the game? I've at what seems to be the last area so don't click on this spoiler unless you are there or have beaten the game.
The big reveal being that the "horrors" are actually Aragami from God Eater. I had my suspicions but a comment I read made it jump from "somewhat possible" to "guaranteed" and then I saw the scene a short while into yesterday's play session.

I've beaten the game yea.
Though I haven't played God Eater so that doesn't mean much to me haha.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
21610-1788852134.png
It's Saya from blood +

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
Can you get anymore Atlas Chrome or is just from Yakumo? Cause I bought all he has and I've run out haha. I need more to try out other weapons. :(
He added 3 more to the inventory after I gave him a bunch of items. It might restock every 50 or 100 points at a guess, because Louis also added more Prometheus chrome to his stock after I traded items for his sword and stamps.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
He added 3 more to the inventory after I gave him a bunch of items. It might restock every 50 or 100 points at a guess, because Louis also added more Prometheus chrome to his stock after I traded items for his sword and stamps.

I bought 5 from him initially... I'll try that. I did want to get his sword also eventually. It's a 1 hander right?

Peradam

Jan 11, 2018
I bought 5 from him initially... I'll try that. I did want to get his sword also eventually. It's a 1 hander right?
You'll get an additional 3 on top of that, I'm just not sure if they continue to dish out chromes if you keep giving them items beyond that.

And yeah, it's a one-hander, but I was a little disappointed because the hanemukuro is practically the same.

I'm still wielding Yakumo's greatsword and obliterator axe - the latter can use the multi-hit one-handed sword gifts and it hits like a truck. That pretty much replaced one-handed swords once I got it, now I only use transformed queenslayers to apply debuffs to bosses.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
You'll get an additional 3 on top of that, I'm just not sure if they continue to dish out chromes if you keep giving them items beyond that.

And yeah, it's a one-hander, but I was a little disappointed because the hanemukuro is practically the same.

I'm still wielding Yakumo's greatsword and obliterator axe - the latter can use the multi-hit one-handed sword gifts and it hits like a truck. That pretty much replaced one-handed swords once I got it, now I only use transformed queenslayers to apply debuffs to bosses.
What debuffs work on bosses? I tried inhibit but the boss kept using his reddish haze abilities.

Peradam

Jan 11, 2018
What debuffs work on bosses? I tried inhibit but the boss kept using his reddish haze abilities.
I rely on venom a lot but I'm honestly not sure which enemies inhibit works on, it felt useless in the demo (although never tried it on the last boss) and I haven't tested it in the main game.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
That's too bad that it got spoiled for you, I lost my mind when it happened.
I've beaten the game yea.
Though I haven't played God Eater so that doesn't mean much to me haha.
You should check it out then. :)

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Can someone tell me how far I am?

I've just defeated Midas or whatever his name is. I know I'm missing three more Io vestiges so does that mean that I have at least three more areas to go? I want tonget the Argent Wolf King's Blade but it seems like once I get it I'll probably almost be done with the game...

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
In regards to the difficulty in this game, how well designed is it? I do like FromSoft's difficulty curve but I found Nioh to be really cheesy with abundances of one-shots.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
In regards to the difficulty in this game, how well designed is it? I do like FromSoft's difficulty curve but I found Nioh to be really cheesy with abundances of one-shots.
Well I'm not sure if my opinions match yours because I liked Nioh's combat and difficulty better than the FromSoft games buuuuut...

I would say the difficulty here feels more like a FromSoft title. I don't remember ever getting one shotted or anything like that. You're also allowed a big range of flexibility for how hard the game is. In particular having the AI companions is a huge help.

The only stand out here that seems a bit odd is that there is one boss near the end of the game that's crazy hard in comparission to the rest. I think its a great boss once you learn it but I could see a lot of people complaining about it because its just so much harder than the rest.

Can someone tell me how far I am?

I've just defeated Midas or whatever his name is. I know I'm missing three more Io vestiges so does that mean that I have at least three more areas to go? I want tonget the Argent Wolf King's Blade but it seems like once I get it I'll probably almost be done with the game...
You're coming up to the end of the game. The rest of those vestiges will be found in the upcoming area.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
How long is the game?

Fuck it, I bought it. I really should do something about my buying habits, I must have some kind of compulsion. I have a ton of games on my backlog that I bought at full price. Control, Zelda Links's Awakening, Blasphemous, River City Girls, Risk of Rain 2, Daemon X Machina, Astral Chain...all purchased on release day or release week and I haven't played any of then...most of then I haven't even booted.

At least Iceborne and Remnant I played for a fair bit before I dropped, I just hope I actually play Code Vein.

Last edited:

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
How long is the game?

Fuck it, I bought it. I really should do something about my buying habits, I must have some kind of compulsion. I have a ton of games on my backlog that I bought at full price. Control, Zelda Links's Awakening, Blasphemous, River City Girls, Risk of Rain 2, Daemon X Machina, Astral Chain...all purchased on release day or release week and I haven't played any of then...most of then I haven't even booted.

At least Iceborne and Remnant I played for a fair bit before I dropped, I just hope I actually play Code Vein.
Dats a lot of games. I'm trying to be better about only buying one game at a time these days. Anyways

It took me around 38 hours to beat Code Vein. That comes from me doing pretty much everything. I think one person in this thread said they beat it in about 16 hours by blazing though it. Others are looking at about 24-26. Kind of depends on your playstyle.

I really like how bizarre it looks from this angle. The fact that it looks so weird and out of place really makes the concept work for me.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Anyone had an issue with losing ichor points? Bought a gift that said it permanently increased your spending limit and it did to 35 but after a couple of deaths(not sure didn't notice for a while) I was back to 20

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Finished it earlier.
Got the true ending and all blood codes you can get in one playthrough, finished all the Depths maps. Took me 33 hours, was actually really happy with the story and characters. The gameplay was decent enough, could be polished more to be weightier but I enjoyed it. About the only real downsides were weapon variety being somewhat lacking and the fanservicey bullshit with the female character designs.

Liferebooted

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Man, the CO OP CPU partners are op, just got to my 3rd boss and sat back while the CPU soloed it. Going to have to replay the game with them off, lol.

Goro Majima

Oct 29, 2017
It took me probably around 8 or 10 hours to really click with me, but now having a blast.

This game is much better than I expected.

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
I want to try this.
Give me some impressions guys.
Im expecting a 7 game at best but some of the best games ive played are 7s.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying this a lot more than the metascore "says" I should that's for sure :P

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Having looked up the boss fights on youtube, I'm very confussed why so many reviews listed them as a negative.
They are one of the main reasons why I want to get the game now.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The invasions in
Anor Londo
are wrecking me beyond belief. The at the perimeter is fucking brutal.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Having looked up the boss fights on youtube, I'm very confussed why so many reviews listed them as a negative.
They are one of the main reasons why I want to get the game now.
The bosses are great. Some of them are easier than the others, but still I have no complaints.

The invasions in
Anor Londo
are wrecking me beyond belief. The at the perimeter is fucking brutal.
Yup, the invasions are the hardest in that zone. They're also hard in other zones, but not as hard as that one due to the enemy types and the map design.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, the invasions are the hardest in that zone. They're also hard in other zones, but not as hard as that one due to the enemy types and the map design.
Yes, but I found a way to cheese it. Nearby, there's a ladder you can climb. Climb up that ladder and you will see the enemies teleport to you. That teleportation is telegraphed by a red light, so you know when to charge your strong attack. Once they're dead, climb down, kill 'em when they port down. Then climb back up and do the same.

I'm at the boss of this place now. This zone was quite something. I liked it quite a bit.

Peradam

Jan 11, 2018
Man, that invasion was the most difficult fight in the game yet lol

Last edited:

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Just finished the game with the good ending. What a ride. Enjoyed it thoroughly. Hopefully the game did well enough to warrant a sequel!

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Anyone else loving the character stories and memory scenes? Because damn, aren't they so well-directed and impactful? I honestly didn't expect that coming from this game.

The memory scenes are probably a bit too slow at times, but I like their presence because it's such a nice change of pace from all the fighting.

The successors stories, in particular, felt so special to me. The build up from the first vestige, then various cutscenes, and finally the boss fights and memory scenes, they're so perfectly directed. I probably haven't witnessed them all as I've just finished the one with Jack and Eva. So good.

Bearwolf

Oct 27, 2017
Where is the best place to farm old world materials to get gifts to exchange for the Oni blade?

I'm at the:

Stripper pole pigtail boss area

Kolya

Jan 26, 2018
Dats a lot of games. I'm trying to be better about only buying one game at a time these days. Anyways

It took me around 38 hours to beat Code Vein. That comes from me doing pretty much everything. I think one person in this thread said they beat it in about 16 hours by blazing though it. Others are looking at about 24-26. Kind of depends on your playstyle.

I really like how bizarre it looks from this angle. The fact that it looks so weird and out of place really makes the concept work for me.

FWIW I finished it in roughly 18 hours, maybe a bit less. I didn't do everything but I fully discovered every map and took my time exploring, got the good ending. Took my time, didn't skip dialogue or cutscenes. So it seems to vary quite a lot.

Kolya

Jan 26, 2018
I want to try this.
Give me some impressions guys.
Im expecting a 7 game at best but some of the best games ive played are 7s.

IMO that's pretty much what you're gonna get. It's a solid game, flawed, but enjoyable. I do not regret buying it or spending my time on it. The story was intresting and captivating, characters are too (though cliched to a degree). Combat is fun but not outstanding and the build variety is huge.