• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
So the steps are:
-Talk to not-Io before the successor boss fight and restore all the vestiges she has to offer.
-Beat the boss
-View the memory
-Restore the successor by talking their stone body instead of proceeding though the door.
-repeat for future successor

You'll also want to:
-talk to Io at the bae after this fight and get her blood code: Eos
-go back to where not-Io was and pick up the Eos vestige fragment on the ground. You'll repeat this for all the not-Ios.
-the remaining Eos fragments will be found in the games final area.

If you restore all the successors and complete the Eos vestiges you'll get the true ending.
Could it be that the first not-Io doesn't drop a Vestige Fragment when you come back? Instead there was a quest NPC. The next two not-Ios did leave a fragment behind.

I get that people prefer the level design in Souls games but I'm really enjoying CV's areas.
The map lets me know that I've fully explored an area before moving on. I also feel like the level design makes the "awful" areas way less awful than in Souls games.
I don't know how to describe it but if an area in Souls games sucks, it sucks hard but here it's a minor inconvenience at worst. The Highs in Souls areas are much higher so it averages out but I've looked back after completing each area and I can't say I've really hated any of the areas so far and I'm about 3/4 of the way through.

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Code-Vein-Screenshot-2019-10-03-04-10-38-02.png

Code-Vein-Screenshot-2019-10-03-04-12-13-58.png

3 guesses who I based her off of
No idea, but I see you picked the best face. ;)

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Early game question.

So I was watching Giantbomb's quick look today and I noticed Jason had Mia as his companion but was facing the butterfly boss. I just beat the same boss myself but had yet to run into Mia so I looked up where she joined your party at and apparently she joins when you access the Cathedral area? Yet I can't get to that area yet?

I'm just wondering how he got access to Mia as a partner so early if that area is roped off or if I missed an opportunity to access it already.

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Early game question.

So I was watching Giantbomb's quick look today and I noticed Jason had Mia as his companion but was facing the butterfly boss. I just beat the same boss myself but had yet to run into Mia so I looked up where she joined your party at and apparently she joins when you access the Cathedral area? Yet I can't get to that area yet?

I'm just wondering how he got access to Mia as a partner so early if that area is roped off or if I missed an opportunity to access it already.
There's another path you could've taken first, which is probably what they did.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Early game question.

Was she wearing a white outfit instead of her normal one?

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
Could it be that the first not-Io doesn't drop a Vestige Fragment when you come back? Instead there was a quest NPC. The next two not-Ios did leave a fragment behind.
Yeah, that's probably the case. Now that I think about it I don't remember picking up a fragment from the first not-Io.

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I`m up to
Anor Londo
and I would like to know if there are any monsters so far that I could grind for Queen`s Steel? I obtained 2 of them but I don't remember how.

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The first invasion in
Anor Londo
is destroying me, holy moly.

edit: This game is about to break my gamer pride. I might play it with AI partners after all. I soloed all Souls games + Sekiro, but CV is just brutal without companions.

Last edited:

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
The first invasion in
Anor Londo
is destroying me, holy moly.

edit: This game is about to break my gamer pride. I might play it with AI partners after all. I soloed all Souls games + Sekiro, but CV is just brutal without companions.

Skip that one and do it near the end of the game. I beat the entire game solo but I couldn't do that one for a long time.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
I just did it solo, I'M A GOD. Thanks for letting me know that I should stick with soloing though.

You might break later lol. Some bosses took me 30 tries. It's possible but you need a lot of patience. Though to be fair if you can beat that invasion you should be fine. That invasion was one of the hardest parts of the game for some reason. And it doesn't even lead to anything.

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You might break later lol. Some bosses took me 30 tries. It's possible but you need a lot of patience. Though to be fair if you can beat that invasion you should be fine. That invasion was one of the hardest parts of the game for some reason. And it doesn't even lead to anything.
The boss of the
Howling Pit
took me +30 tries as well, I'm sure. I got patience and I'm willing to learn patterns, but I don't enjoy these invasions particularly much.

Ever since I switched to the Zweihander, the game has gotten a lot easier. This weapon seems quite a lot better than everything else I got.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Quick question, what are those shiny red crystal-like things attached to people's arms/heads? I don't see it anywhere in accessories.

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
Got Yakumo's weapon and I murder everything. Can't get the feel of any other weapons, especially weak ass bayonets.

Deleted member 3888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I generally like the level designs so far in this game, feels good to explore them fully, but they usually come with a few annoyances: burning lava floor, and stupid water/sand that slow you down, etc. Anor londo was fine other than that it felt overdone.

Also not a big fan of the souls stamina system, it recovers so slow and I don't feel like it adds anything other than pissing me off.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Aaaaand just finished my 1st playthrough with...

what I assume to be the good ending

what a wholesome adventure, didn't expect the story and characters to be this engaging. I really hope this sells enough to warrant a sequel because I definitely want more.

Now on to NG+

Brood_Star

Oct 27, 2017
This is a pretty bad game for co-op. It's basically still using old Souls' system.

You get kicked from the game if host dies, you also can't rest at mistles (so you need to leave and then both use mistles independently then rejoin if you want to use your haze and get the checkpoint), and the visiting partner can't interact with much except random loot drops. It's basically more of "drop in for stuff to do when bored" system than real co-op.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I was really looking forward to this game, but the world design is just so off-putting to me, even if everything else seems appealing.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
The boss of the
Howling Pit
took me +30 tries as well, I'm sure. I got patience and I'm willing to learn patterns, but I don't enjoy these invasions particularly much.

Ever since I switched to the Zweihander, the game has gotten a lot easier. This weapon seems quite a lot better than everything else I got.
If you want it to be even easier switch to Yakumo's sword.

Last edited:

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I'm still rocking this 2-handed spear. It always staggers enemies, even the big ones, on its 2nd attack, so I can basically stun-lock everything to death.

Forgot the name, it's a thrust type with dexterity scaling.

Oct 26, 2017
I just got spoiled on a mind blowing reveal right before I got to it ingame. It would have been great to see it on my own but whatever.

I think I'm almost at the end so I hope that this game gets a sequel since I think it does enough on its own that I'd like to see improvements in a sequel.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Is there more info about the season pass? It says new bosses so now I'm interested. But how many and when?

I just got spoiled on a mind blowing reveal right before I got to it ingame. It would have been great to see it on my own but whatever.

I think I'm almost at the end so I hope that this game gets a sequel since I think it does enough on its own that I'd like to see improvements in a sequel.

What big reveal was that?

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You probably already have a few Old world materiels. You need to trade them for LP records with the merchant in the beginning area. And then you trade with Yakumo until you have 50 points. LP records are worth 3 points.
Thanks! Another question: If I were to transform the Oni Bane to a fortified Oni Bane right away, will the materials required for upgrading it remain the same, i.e. Queen Iron and Queen Steel?

Edit: The answer is yes.

Last edited:

KeRaSh

Oct 26, 2017
Who ways that the bayonet is useless?

Is that attack unique to bayonets? If not, couldn't you technically use those boosts on any other weapon?
(I haven't touched bayonets, yet and my STR build doesn't need a single buff ability to wreck stuff, so not entirely sure what's going on there...)

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
So if I like souls and anime I should get this right? Sunhi's GIFs are very convincing.

KeRaSh

Oct 26, 2017
So if I like souls and anime I should get this right? Sunhi's GIFs are very convincing.
That depends on what exactly you like about souls games.
It's not just a simple copy paste. It definitely has weaknesses in certain aspects compared to Souls games but it also has things that sets it apart from Souls and in my opinion it even excels in some aspects.