• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
The stat scaling on Blood Veils doesn't affect weapon damage at all, it just modifies your drain attack and spell damage. I made that assumption at first too but they're not related.

Wait, what? I purposefully equiped a Blood Veil that saw my damage numbers go up but reduced my defense a bit. Would have to try it out at the training dummy to actually see if it improved my damage. But if not, I guess I should switch back to the one with a higher defense.

Does draining attack inlcude the draining attack you can do after a combo or just the one when backstabbing or charging?

Sadire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 31, 2017
Enjoying the combat and the various skills. Really like the bayonet style weapon because I'm pretty zippy with the dash and quick movement.

Is there any armour that manages that for the halberd style weapon?

RustedEdge

Aug 17, 2019
Wait, what? I purposefully equiped a Blood Veil that saw my damage numbers go up but reduced my defense a bit. Would have to try it out at the training dummy to actually see if it improved my damage. But if not, I guess I should switch back to the one with a higher defense.

Does draining attack inlcude the draining attack you can do after a combo or just the one when backstabbing or charging?

It affects everything that involves using your blood veil. Includes backstabs, parries, and combo drain attack.

Veldin

Oct 25, 2017

Backstabs, parries, combo drains, charged drains, they're all affected by the drain attack stat.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Even with the cheat engine, I still need more accessories slots for necklace and stuff. Even adding a front bang and pony tail requires separate slots.

3588E5A4B45028A2DE20B8DAF00D9480BCD75378

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
I'm 4 or 5 story bosses and 3 depths dungeons in, and really enjoying it. I've been a little slow because I'd co-oped up to rank 30 while there was still an online community to be found, but I'm focusing on story now.

I'm staying at level 1 which provides some additional challenge but it hasn't been too bad, aside from getting two-shotted by certain bosses. And I've just discovered the atlas code and heavy weapons are almost ideal for level 1 runs, just a shame about the low ichor.

The boss designs are also quite good, I've been pleasantly surprised, except busty Miku went down really easily and I was a little disappointing after all the preview focus. But yeah, great game so far.

Oct 25, 2017
*Me walking through White Castle trying to find some sliders cuz im hungry*
*sees random larger minotaur like dude with white armor chilling*
"oh new enemy type"
*red text shows up*
"oh shit thats a boss"
*barely beat him first try*
*find vestige*
ok so white castle was long as fuck and I was figuring it was almost done, finding this vestige, getting scared by its message and walking left a little to find a mistle before coming back, entering into scene with all this queen craziness and then bam, waking up in a hospital bed. Realizing im still in the vestige, but its the player character vestige and im reliving my own lost memories was cool as fuck. This whole setup, with randomly finding a vestige and realizing what was going on was really well done. I didnt get to finish the memories section yet as I had to head to bed, but really looking forward to finishing it tonight.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Some of you don't know how to tag spoilers. I mean, it could be anything in it. It could be a spoiler about the ending, the final boss or the story about how you got your first pubic hair.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
How difficult is this game compared to the Souls games/Bloodborne/Sekiro etc?

with an AI partner it's easier but can still at times be challenging. Without one it's about the same as any other souls game. (I've played and beaten all of them)

as far as souls-likes are concerned this is by far my favorite one. The class ability system makes it all feel very fresh

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
with an AI partner it's easier but can still at times be challenging. Without one it's about the same as any other souls game. (I've played and beaten all of them)

as far as souls-likes are concerned this is by far my favorite one. The class ability system makes it all feel very fresh
Thanks! I recently played The Surge 2 and I didn't like it as much as I hoped (it was still fun to play though), so I hope this'll suit me better.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Whoever decided it's more fun to go up 2 ladders and an elevator + a long walk up a hill to get to a boss can suck it. Why is there no bonfire in the cave right before it?! There's not even enemies you have to fight, just a long ass walk every time. Talking about the
Successor of the throat
boss

Speaking about that boss,
I have no idea what the tells are for the second phase, can barely see the attacks coming unless I'm missing something? Sand just randomly explodes and insta kills me, unless I have to watch her arms or something? I can spam dodge it sometimes but that's about it. I'm 3k hp almost and just get destroyed.

Raidou

Oct 25, 2017
"oh new enemy type"
*red text shows up*
"oh shit thats a boss"
*find vestige*
ok so white castle was long as fuck and I was figuring it was almost done, finding this vestige, getting scared by its message and walking left a little to find a mistle before coming back, entering into scene with all this queen craziness and then bam, waking up in a hospital bed. Realizing im still in the vestige, but its the player character vestige and im reliving my own lost memories was cool as fuck. This whole setup, with randomly finding a vestige and realizing what was going on was really well done. I didnt get to finish the memories section yet as I had to head to bed, but really looking forward to finishing it tonight.
Take your time and...
enjoy the memories part because it's really good and also because the last part of the Cathedral is literally hell, it isn't difficult but it's too easy to get lost.

Peradam

Jan 11, 2018
Some of you don't know how to tag spoilers. I mean, it could be anything in it. It could be a spoiler about the ending, the final boss or the story about how you got your first pubic hair.
Yeah, I just tend to ignore them. Zero context spoiler tags are pointless to read unless you're really far into the game / don't care about spoilers.

Peradam

Jan 11, 2018
It's so weird to be in one area searching for a signal, only to find yourself transported to a completely different area facing a boss that you hadn't set up gifts, etc. for.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone getting a weird glitch when trying to coop for the spear lady? Almost every time i get summoned and i have to travel through the water, my character gets stuck. I can't move, i can do buffs, but i can't actually get to the fight.

Dawg

Oct 28, 2017
How difficult is this game compared to the Souls games/Bloodborne/Sekiro etc?

There are only one or two bosses in this game that I did not kill on first try. I also didn't feel a constant threat like I do in Souls games. Maybe it was just me getting really familiar with this game, but at some point you kinda know what to expect.

I'd say it's definitely easier than any real Souls game. Probably because of the companion. They tank a lot of hits that might have hit you were they not there. But even without them, enemy and bosses attack patterns aren't that difficult to figure out.

Having said that... I got the season pass and I am looking forward to DLC! Finished all side quests and all of The Depths and I really want more content. Only took me 27 hours to get to this point, which is relatively short for this kind of game.

Peradam

Jan 11, 2018
Anyone getting a weird glitch when trying to coop for the spear lady? Almost every time i get summoned and i have to travel through the water, my character gets stuck. I can't move, i can do buffs, but i can't actually get to the fight.
Holy crap, I've JUST encountered this! I had no idea what to do and could only watch as my partner died.

Here's the video if anyone wants to see what we're talking about:

My guess is the person I was with had seen this before and tried to warn me with that attack. Oops. It's a pretty bad bug, and it was going so well...

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap, I've JUST encountered this! I had no idea what to do and could only watch as my partner died.

Here's the video if anyone wants to see what we're talking about:

My guess is the person I was with had seen this before and tried to warn me with that attack. Oops. It's a pretty bad bug, and it was going so well...

Yup it's happened to me so many times. If i'm in that area next time, i'm just going to let the lead go to the boss, then warp to them.

Peradam

Jan 11, 2018
Yup it's happened to me so many times. If i'm in that area next time, i'm just going to let the lead go to the boss, then warp to them.
Yeah, lesson learnt, I'll be doing the same. It was hard enough to find a distress signal, sucks that it had to end that way.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
True ending complete, took me about 25 hours, level 128. I didn't spend much time in the depths, though, and I am still missing a handful of vestiges. Good game. My only criticisms are the character designs and that there are too many "city ruins" level themes.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
Whoever decided it's more fun to go up 2 ladders and an elevator + a long walk up a hill to get to a boss can suck it. Why is there no bonfire in the cave right before it?! There's not even enemies you have to fight, just a long ass walk every time. Talking about the
Successor of the throat
boss

Speaking about that boss,
I have no idea what the tells are for the second phase, can barely see the attacks coming unless I'm missing something? Sand just randomly explodes and insta kills me, unless I have to watch her arms or something? I can spam dodge it sometimes but that's about it. I'm 3k hp almost and just get destroyed.
Running to the boss is one of my least favorite aspects of souls games. That one in particular is pretty annoying.
I'm pretty sure that sand attack is a huge AOE. You have to get the timing down once you see the tornados appear on the sides. That one cost teleport gift helps a lot for this fight.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
"oh new enemy type"
*red text shows up*
"oh shit thats a boss"
*find vestige*

The finish was pretty good!

It's really refreshing to play a souls-like game with well paced and laid out story you can actually follow without reading magical pamphlets attached to items.

Oct 26, 2017
I spent two hours trying to beat one of the Lost invasions last night.

Kept dying fighting the big axe Lost flanked by multiple spear using Lost.

Didn't help that Mia doesn't seem to have much crowd control.

Yakumo seems to be the most effective partner so far. He hits really hard and his attacks often stagger enemies and his Tormenting Blast just decimates groups of enemies.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if deluxe edition Mia (white outfit) has different attacks / skills as a partner than regular Mia? I switched to white clothes Mia after running around with Louis and I love some of her spells, they hit quite hard. She's also a good help pulling enemies off from groups. I yet have to try Yakumo.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Running to the boss is one of my least favorite aspects of souls games. That one in particular is pretty annoying.
I'm pretty sure that sand attack is a huge AOE. You have to get the timing down once you see the tornados appear on the sides. That one cost teleport gift helps a lot for this fight.

Yea I figured it out, funnily enough. When I fought that boss again in the Depths, I beat it in 1 try because it was way easier to see those effects.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia

Yakumo seems to be the most effective partner so far. He hits really hard and his attacks often stagger enemies and his Tormenting Blast just decimates groups of enemies.
Yes, Yakumo is the best companion due to his survivability and damage output. Mia is the least useful. In lost invasions she'd die in seconds.

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019
True ending complete, took me about 25 hours, level 128. I didn't spend much time in the depths, though, and I am still missing a handful of vestiges. Good game. My only criticisms are the character designs and that there are too many "city ruins" level themes.

That sounds like a good length to me for a Souls-like game!

Y'all are tempting me to buy this so hard so I can co-op with the GF on PS4.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019

Was that the one in Anime Londo? I died there a bunch when I went through it.

Holy moly.

You'll find parts of some of the missing vestiges in the depths.

I wish there was a bit more level variety too but I guess it thematically fits since this is set in the God Eater universe.

Last edited:

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
2nd city ruins area (shut up, I have like zero time to play this week, I'm moving slow).

Should I be going down into this big ass pit yet?
The area is blocked off during online co-op.

Last edited:

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
2nd city ruins area (shut up, I have zero time to play this week).

Should I be going down into this big ass pit yet?
The area is blocked off during online co-op.
You can go down the pit or continue through the city. You'll have to go back to the pit later to progress though so you can do it now if you want. I did the pit first. Its a bit of a harder area though.

That sounds like a good length to me for a Souls-like game!

Y'all are tempting me to buy this so hard so I can co-op with the GF on PS4.
I haven't done any co-op yet so I'm not necessarily the best point of reference, but I'm going to add on some pressure to buy the game anyways.

CrazyHal

Nov 1, 2017
God damn anime Anor London is fucking massive. I've been exploring the place for hours now.

Raidou

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the game with 37 hours and it's the best game of the year for me, gameplay, history and characters are great, OST is amazing and the ending was really good, level design could be a little better so I hope we get a sequel for the game and they improve it. Didn't bought it yet because I don't pre-order DLC but I can't wait to see what the season pass will be.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else noticed that a lot of the bosses have the pattern of:

Reach half HP, Go Super Mode with increase damage, speed, and defense? It's honestly tiring how many bosses do the same thing.