• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Is the demo still up?
I am hearing way too divisive stuff to not try this myself.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
For sure, I had several times where I wanted to add more stuff but was capped. Apparently on PC someone found a way to bypass the limit using cheatengine at least. Not that bothered right now but maybe I'll make use of that if I ever end up creating another character.
Thanks for this. I looked around for a bit and found it.

QNmUczk.png

tenor.gif

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else wish the game had an option to hide your armor? I feel like considering it's just a cloak of some kind and that there's no PVP element that it wouldn't hurt it.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017

morrigan8bit

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 1, 2019
Quick question. Only an hour in. Do you only have one npc character you can take on missions? Currently got one dude who took me to his base. His name is Louis if I've remembered correctly.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Quick question. Only an hour in. Do you only have one npc character you can take on missions? Currently got one dude who took me to his base. His name is Louis if I've remembered correctly.

You can pick most people at that base I believe. I don't use a partner though but you get the option when talking to people there.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
I'm utterly disappointed that the spears are just yet another slashing weapon, not thrust. Or are there also thrust type spears that I've yet to encounter?

So far, I ended up using the bayonet and it serves me pretty well.
There are thrust type spears too. Just try out all the spears you get and eventually you'll find one.
Anyone else wish the game had an option to hide your armor? I feel like considering it's just a cloak of some kind and that there's no PVP element that it wouldn't hurt it.
I would like that too.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
I think the game runs perfectly fine on the PS4 Pro. The only blatant issues I've noticed so far arise when traveling through connecting tunnels between two areas where the new zone is probably loaded in the background.
Other than that I must say it runs pretty smooth. Maybe I'm just slightly desensitized after playing Link's Awakening just before Code Vein, though...

Cloudst69

Banned for abusing Giftbot
Banned
Sep 18, 2019
I'll wait for a sale on this one. Love Souls like games, but since this one is not from From Software, I'm not that hyped to play it.

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I finally got a chance to sit down for an hour last night. Remote Play only unfortunately. Though it ran pretty good on an iPad mini 4 with my DS4. I worked through the first area and got to the hub. It feels nice to play through that area, knowing I'll be able to go on further this time. I'm mostly paying attention to gifts and leveling when I feel like I'm getting knocked around by enemies. Hopefully I'll be on more frequently throughout the week. Ugh I feel so late to the party now.

Anyway, anime tropes are fun.
Ijq01kD.jpg

Also, is it just me or does the bayonet feel more powerful in the final game than it did in the demo? I'm wrecking some serious shit with it.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I really do hope the level design improves in the sequel, assuming it gets one. I feel like too many of these levels are just corridors.

The one level I actually felt was a huge step up as the "memories" level. It felt a lot more confident in the level design and seemed almost more organic.

Basically, expand on that. More levels like the "memories" level. Less levels like the Anor Londo level.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
I don't think it was mentioned and it's probably something that should be mundane, but I wanna give a big shoutout to how solid the co-op system is, at least as far as Password Matching. I convinced my buddy who's not confident in Souls games and has a bit of a weaker PC to get it so we could play together and I've been able to shepherd him through very clean. We drop-in/drop-out of the coop for healing at mistles and such really quickly and painlessly after setting the password and we just beat Anime Londo on his file last night after about 10-12 ish coop hours. He's really enjoying it and a big part of it is how simple and fast it is to jump in.

It's a far cry from Dark Souls 1's shitty system and Dark Soul's 2's Soul Memory, that's for sure. I'm sure it's on derivative of the BB/DS3 PAssword system, but the fact that it just works is a big deal to me.

I really do hope the level design improves in the sequel, assuming it gets one. I feel like too many of these levels are just corridors.

The one level I actually felt was a huge step up as the "memories" level. It felt a lot more confident in the level design and seemed almost more organic.

Basically, expand on that. More levels like the "memories" level. Less levels like the Anor Londo level.

As long as they have less like Anime Londo, I'm pretty good with the corridor design (though a bit more aesthetic diversity earlier would go a good way). I'm a bit odd in that I like the Arena/Shooting Gallery style of like DMC and KH2, though.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Just got the Huge Hammer, it's legit. Fast overhead smashes you can chain forever, and a bit less damage than the Sunset that is made up for by more speed.

Oct 26, 2017
Just picked up the game.

Is there a no spoiler guide for getting the best ending?

I don't want to go halfway through the game and check only to find out I missed something hours back that's needed for it.

Escaflow

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Pretty far into the game , not sure why it's labeled as edgy . Anime? yes (and love it) , edgy .... eh not really

Last edited:

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So for anyone wondering: I just bought the Steam version and the game runs almost perfectly on my GTX 970 + i5 4 Ghz. It completely shits the bed on PS4 once you hit the city center, whereas the PC version can easily maintain 60 FPS at the highest settings at 1440p. I've not tried a higher resulation yet, but I'll do that later. I have rare drops to ~58 FPS but the experience is sooo much better, that I'm completely fine with sinking my money into this terrific game twice.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still up it seems (9GB) and yeah I am on PS4.
I will try this later, does the demo differ much than the retail (plus does it transfer over)? Edgy anime Souls kinda speaks to me but not sure if full price is worth it.

I really disliked the combat in the demo but it feels a fair bit better on the PC at least.

Hopefully the game does well enough for a sequel, or the 1.5 expandalone stuff they seem to love with God Eater, and they let us customise bodies a bit more, or at least add stuff like tattoos (clearly the engine can handle it based on Masamune)

I spent SO long making my character but when I started playing a realized that a lot of the accessories would just be hidden/clip through the armor in the game. So I had to reevaluate and go with a more minimalistic look, lol.

That glowing ring on the hand is quite a clever use of accessories.

Oct 25, 2017
Finished it today.

Man. Game is great, but it is a bit on the long side, and the last few areas / bosses (sans one standout) were a bit on the lame side. In fact, the areas themselves were pretty extraneous feeling, and I think a smarter approach would have been to edit / cut those areas entirely.

Overall, really glad I didn't sleep on this game despite initial concerns. It's a special blend of Souls with a bit of old-school class-based RPG hijinks and straight-up dungeon brawling. I'm loving seeing Souls-style games lean more and more into Diablo-esque dungeon crawls.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Ooo totally stealing this.
It can be a little tricky. There's no "hand" option when selecting where the accessory goes. If I'm remembering right, one of the glowing rings can slide down onto the hand from the forearm setting but the other glowing ring doesn't.

Working with hair accessories takes a lot of patience, lol. I wish we could rotate the camera above our character to get a better angle when lining things up.

MmZzpS4.png

DQUVkHK.png

These ribbons were way harder to place than they needed to be but that's also because I have major OCD.

Radokat

Oct 30, 2017
Just finished the game after around 26 hours.
Wow what a ride - I really enjoyed it a lot more than I think I would.

To be honest I was about to scrap the game after the slow start but everything unfolds so nicely a few hours in.
The only really annoying part was the cathedral because it was just so boring and long and I had enough of the design after a few minutes.

But I'm glad I kept on playing and was rewarded with the most fun combat I've played in a while.
To switch around skills and gear is so painless and smooth that makes it really easy to play the game in so many different ways.
I had hours where I just switched around stuff to see how the flow will change and it always did.
They also make sure you have enough resources most of the time so I had no issues with the cost - only unlocking stuff permanently from the start is kind of expensive.
Maybe I'll find a script to "fix" that so I can play around some more.

Difficulty wise it was on the easier side as long as you had a companion with you and the game made it really easy to over level.
Coop just did not work out for me at all so I tried it only 3 times - all of which were unsuccessful in one way or the other.
So if your focus is on that I would wait a little until they might fix some of the issues (disconnects/broken story/crashes).

When it comes to coop i just wish all games from now one would work as perfect as it did in Remnant.

A thing I really loved was the vestige system as it reminded me of the dreams in lost odyssey (a game which holds a special place in my life because of those sequences).
Also give the soundtrack a listen:) It's really good!

For me it was worth the money but people just should not expect a carbon copy of souls.
Just watch the fextralife review and if you like what you see/hear give it a go.

Last edited:

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Hearing that people beat it after 26 hours makes me think I'm super, super slow. According to Steam I played it for 15 hours now (it's not that I'm dying much, in fact I only died like 10 times so far, but I am playing pretty slowly) and only now just got the objective to check on that statue some people mentioned a couple of pages ago. I want to believe that this is still in the early chapters of the game. That being said: I did clear the first 3 levels of the depths and did some material farming for upgrades. Still in love with this game. It's great.

Radokat

Oct 30, 2017
Hearing that people beat it after 26 hours makes me think I'm super, super slow. According to Steam I played it for 15 hours now (it's not that I'm dying much, in fact I only died like 10 times so far, but I am playing pretty slowly) and only now just got the objective to check on that statue some people mentioned a couple of pages ago. I want to believe that this is still in the early chapters of the game. That being said: I did clear the first 3 levels of the depths and did some material farming for upgrades. Still in love with this game. It's great.

Some of the later levels were on the short side but I don't remember how long I played when I was at your part of the story.
Really does not matter though:D enjoy at your own pace and let me know what you think once you finished it.

I will now try to find all remaining vestiges/depths and upgrade some stuff to +10 before I will give NG+ a go (which is implemented nicely and can't be started by accident - I like that).

Last edited:

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
So for anyone wondering: I just bought the Steam version and the game runs almost perfectly on my GTX 970 + i5 4 Ghz. It completely shits the bed on PS4 once you hit the city center, whereas the PC version can easily maintain 60 FPS at the highest settings at 1440p. I've not tried a higher resulation yet, but I'll do that later. I have rare drops to ~58 FPS but the experience is sooo much better, that I'm completely fine with sinking my money into this terrific game twice.

Is the base PS4 version that bad? It runs perfect 99% of the time on my Pro.

Just finished the
Cathedral
How far in am I? That area overstayed its welcome a little bit but I didn't hate it.

So if I want to get the good ending I basically have to
do what I did before the second Cathedral boss and restore all the core fragments via not-Io infront of the Successor boss rooms? I'm guessing you find those core fragments on your way to each area's boss by fully exploring that zone.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Some of the later levels were on the short side but I don't remember how long I played when I was at your part of the story.
Really does not matter though:D enjoy at your own pace and let me know what you think once you finished it.

I will now try to find all remaining vestiges/depths and upgrade some stuff to +10 before I will give NG+ a go (which is implemented nicely and can't be started by accident - I like that).

Yeah, I'm not going to stress myself and just go with my own pace. Glad to hear that you can't jump into NG+ accidentally, that's really a big plus. I'll make sure to write down my thoughts as I go and of course when I beat the game. :)

RustedEdge

Aug 17, 2019
Is the base PS4 version that bad? It runs perfect 99% of the time on my Pro.

Just finished the
Cathedral
How far in am I? That area overstayed its welcome a little bit but I didn't hate it.

So if I want to get the good ending I basically have to
do what I did before the second Cathedral boss and restore all the core fragments via not-Io infront of the Successor boss rooms? I'm guessing you find those core fragments on your way to each area's boss by fully exploring that zone.

1. You're about halfway thru.
2. Yes

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
I just beat it. It took me about 38 hours to do everything.

Io's sacrifice reminds me a lot of the sacrifice Julius makes in the first part of God Eater 2. In particular Io's final state is a bit similar to Julius's Spiral Tree. With that in mind I don't think Io is beyond saving as the protagonist was able to save Julius in the Rage Burst story.

I wonder if we haven't heard anything really about the season pass because it might have some God Eater influences.

I'm wondering how Code Vein will continue from here. The area enclosed in the Red Mist doesn't seem to big meaning chances are we saw most of what's in it. The surrounding world of God Eater doesn't match up well with the gameplay style of Code Vein. Perhaps there are other Red Mist areas? Or maybe its actually way bigger than I thought and we haven't see much of it at all.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Nah just take your time.

I'm soaking it up. I can see myself easily putting 40+ hours into this.

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
Told my friend to refund the game cause co op experience is trash. I will keep the game myself for solo run.

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did you guys beat
Butterfly
first or finish up
The Hollow Pit
? She destroys me at the moment so I'm checking out the other place first.