• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dawg

Oct 28, 2017
I don't have the game yet but does this have multiple endings?

I'm watching someone play and early on I just saw a scene where
Mia's brother got turned to ash but I thought there was pics of him in the main base/hub in promotional materials? So is there a way to prevent that?

Yes, there are multiple endings.

When you defeat a successor, you can choose to awaken their memories. They will stay alive if you do this, but still in their transformed form. However, if you simply walk through the gate in their memory, they will be gone for good.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
I haven't done it yet, but what are the depths or whatever? I gave a map to that cop guy at base and he could take me there. Sounds like some chalice dungeon kinda thing like Bloodborne or is it actual part of the game?

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
I'm going to take a break for just a bit but I've been playing the game literally all day. Tons of fun.

I didn't share my character in this particular thread so here he is:
an7YT6T.jpg
2r5MNmN.jpg

8Qfg4bN.jpg

Dawg

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't done it yet, but what are the depths or whatever? I gave a map to that cop guy at base and he could take me there. Sounds like some chalice dungeon kinda thing like Bloodborne or is it actual part of the game?

You can compare it to chalice dungeons, yes. You can grind them for extra Haze, instead of the main world areas. Personally, I think they're pretty easy. Bosses are just reskinned versions of the same bosses you already beat. You can also farm specific materials in some of them.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Defeated the first real boss, did a bit more exploring in the area afterwards (I see an item above me at some point but I just can't find a way to reach it. I'm sure there has to be a way) and even explored and finished the first 2 areas of the Depths. Game is tons of fun. I really like this whole trading thing you can do with the characters. In general the home base feels very "God Eater", which makes sense considering the devs. That's a good thing though. I always loved the home base in the first God Eater. I got Louis up to 50 trading points and could get his sword, which I'm rocking as my primary weapon right now. It's pretty fast and powerful, I love using it. Can't wait to play more for sure.

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, there are multiple endings.

When you defeat a successor, you can choose to awaken their memories. They will stay alive if you do this, but still in their transformed form. However, if you simply walk through the gate in their memory, they will be gone for good.

Which one of these is the good choice?

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wish there were more face options.

Also still unsure if I want to use an AI partner or not.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Everything has been a lot more enjoyable after I benched the stupid AI companion.

I've been waiting to see someone take the piss out of all their constant, awful chatter. Jim Sterling's video did a decent job of it. It's comical how they have a line for almost EVERYTHING you do, even seperate lines just for reaching the top or bottom of a ladder.

It's funny because there's nothing to complain about with the voice acting in the cutscenes, but random NPC chatter in the world is just the worst.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I bought Yakumo's weapon and it got me through mid-game to late-game. It really is a great weapon. Combine it with the Atlas Blood Code and your mobility gets changed from slow to normal, which is really good. I defeated most enemies in two or three hits.

Atlas (Yakumo's Blood Code) is probably the best for a greatsword build. It's what I used to beat most of the game. Got my strength to S+ with the passive gift that increases damage if u wear 2H swords. And I also got two additional strength gifts. One of them is from Louis Blood Code.

Basically made me hit VERY HARD.
Doesn't Atlas only have 10 inchor?

Dawg

Oct 28, 2017
Doesn't Atlas only have 10 inchor?

Correct. I mainly used buffs/shields and a 2H attack gift though. Don't need a lot of ichor for those. For me, my main goal was getting my raw damage as high as possible while still maintaining normal mobility. Tried some other blood codes but my mobility went down to slow with them.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know where you can find Hunter Visage 3?

The one with Coco and Kevin.

I have 1 2 and 4 but not 3. I beat the first boss, was hard as hell even with AI partner!

Edit: Nevermind, found a guide, because I was looking up Visage not Vestige, derp.

Last edited:

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Just beat the butterfly boss and it was pretty hard too. I can't imagine beating it without AI partner. They're also super useful in invasions. I think the game is designed with them in mind. Or maybe I just haven't learned the ropes here.

The combat is weird. I feel like sometimes my attack won't register while I'm moving. I have to stay put for a brief moment to make sure that it'll register. Two handed weapons are super slow and their reach are not satisfactory.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
Trying to recollect my haze, get pushed off a ledge to the edge of a lower path (sigh of relief), only to be unable to return to the main road because I was apparently in the game's designated 'nope, sorry, you have to fall ANYWAY' zone after trying to roll away and getting hit by a Lost dingnut even though I was standing on (mostly) perfectly solid ground..!! *bitter sigh* First genuine time I yelled at the TV like a fourth grader during this playthrough... here's to the journey ahead..!! >_<

Radokat

Oct 30, 2017
Maybe this isn't a problem specific to this game, but... anyone know why every time I launch the game, it opens on my 2nd monitor? My 1st monitor is flagged as primary (in Windows and nvidia settings).

There's no monitor selection in game settings, so I change it to windowed, drag over to main monitor, then change resolution and back to fullscreen. Main monitor is 1920x1080 over displayport, 2nd is 1680x1050 over DVI.

Maybe this will help:

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually enjoying this quite a bit? I was iffy on the demo because of how floaty combat felt, but after putting more time into the final game, it sort of clicked for me.

Raidou

Oct 25, 2017
My magic build is paying off right now, I can pretty much one shot every enemy I found so far with one spell that costs 6 MP and I can get the MP back with 2 slashes. I pretty much die in two or three hits tho.

Last edited:

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
I'm actually enjoying this quite a bit? I was iffy on the demo because of how floaty combat felt, but after putting more time into the final game, it sort of clicked for me.

As someone who likes the RPG aspects of Souls a lot (skills, spells, leveling, etc) this game is satisfying my desire for a soulslike way better than Surge 2 did.

Combat and general enemy variety is a bit lacking but it's fun because of all the gifts you can run at the same time. You can really play how you want, and the AI partner isn't completely stupid and that helps.

Very happy I tried it.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Just beat the butterfly boss and it was pretty hard too. I can't imagine beating it without AI partner. They're also super useful in invasions. I think the game is designed with them in mind. Or maybe I just haven't learned the ropes here.

The combat is weird. I feel like sometimes my attack won't register while I'm moving. I have to stay put for a brief moment to make sure that it'll register. Two handed weapons are super slow and their reach are not satisfactory.
I just beat it solo and it took me a while and I lost count of how many tries. It took me longer than some of the first bosses in FromSoft games. It was enjoyably difficult and satisfying after what I said earlier. Realizing that I could Shifting Hollow through the poison made it a lot easier than just trying to avoid it. After enough tries, I figured out a good Gift setup was getting some pretty flashy 3K+ damage combos on her.

I got a lot more comfortable with the combat after that, the controls feel maybe a tad stiff in that it doesn't seem to buffer inputs very well. Like you need to be absolutely sure one action is done before starting the next or just nothing happens.

Last edited:

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
Beat the poison boss on the third try, a lot easier when you equip the class with poison resistance 🤦🏼‍♂️

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I tried helping another player for a boss fight and realized it restores all your Estus Flask equivalents, whatever they're called. So if you've run out and not sure you can make it to the next Mistle, try searching for a distress signal.

Does anyone know what actually decides what execution animation you get on backstabs?

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Was able to beat butterfly lady at lvl 9, but only with my ai partner. Once you understood her moves it's much easier. I couldn't do it solo because i tend to mess up once or twice and get comboed to death. Another boss later forced me to level, she hit way too hard and i was losing patience.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Two hours in, no idea what the fuck is going on....and I love it. Just complex enough to not be annoying. AI partner is there if you're struggling. I love that it's more chill than the Souls games. I'm perfectly fine with that.

Bright

Sep 15, 2018
Didn't get a chance to play the beta but I've played about 4 hrs so far and I'm really enjoying it. The story seems pretty interesting which kinda caught me off guard lol. Another damn game added to the pile, can't wait to dig in more tonight

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I tried helping another player for a boss fight and realized it restores all your Estus Flask equivalents, whatever they're called. So if you've run out and not sure you can make it to the next Mistle, try searching for a distress signal.

Does anyone know what actually decides what execution animation you get on backstabs?

How do you search for a distress call?

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I just beat it solo and it took me a while and I lost count of how many tries. It took me longer than some of the first bosses in FromSoft games. It was enjoyably difficult and satisfying after what I said earlier. Realizing that I could Shifting Hollow through the poison made it a lot easier than just trying to avoid it. After enough tries, I figured out a good Gift setup was getting some pretty flashy 3K+ damage combos on her.

I got a lot more comfortable with the combat after that, the controls feel maybe a tad stiff in that it doesn't seem to buffer inputs very well. Like you need to be absolutely sure one action is done before starting the next or just nothing happens.
Indeed. The skills are super useful in a lot of cases. It's one of the major differences between Code Vein and Souls games, various active skills.

Two hours in, no idea what the fuck is going on....and I love it. Just complex enough to not be annoying. AI partner is there if you're struggling. I love that it's more chill than the Souls games. I'm perfectly fine with that.
Me too.. but I'm like 4 hours in.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I am surprisingly impressed with the story and presentation. I hate Louis when he's running around with me, but he's great in the cutscenes. All the flashback stuff is real good.

Dawg

Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait till everyone here reaches Anor Londo 2.0

Because it sure is something...

Liferebooted

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Game isn't even popular on Gamefly, lol. Added it to my queue on Thurs morning and it came today. I'm 3 hours in and loving it.

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
So in the demo you could remove AI partners and play solo if you wanted.

This feature is still in I assume?