• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

g.a.u

Oct 31, 2017
is it a bug or textures on clothes look really really bad ?
0RoHlAs.png

Last edited:

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
"Barely any customisation for the eyes" is quite the exaggeration
I guess I wasn't clear enough, I was referring to the eyes forms, not the iris. There are 5 or so sliders which don't really make any difference. Yes, there are lots of cosmetics but they're not eyes customization. I was expecting more eyes shape transformation.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Im so close to busting -- can somebody tell me what they like about this game. I see a lot of "this game isn't bad" but why? I hear the character creator is actually good? What about the combat?

PC performance?

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
It kinda makes me laugh that all the discussion I see is about dress up stuff.

I heard hit confirm is horribly weak, any truth?

Raidou

Oct 25, 2017
can somebody tell me what they like about this game.
Characters and story are interesting if you don't hate "anime" for some reason and the freedom to make any build you want is nice. Level design could be a little better but I don't think it's bad.
I see a lot of "this game isn't bad" but why?
Because is good I guess.
I hear the character creator is actually good?
It's pretty good, it lacks different body types and face types but you can do a lot of different stuff with it.
What about the combat?
People are trying to compare to Souls but it's not the same thing, It feels more similar to Nioh to me but not the same too. The skills/magic in this game are really fun to use and I think this + the more fast paced combat is the difference between Code Vein and Souls gameplay wise.
I'm getting 4k/60fps with my 2060 without any problems, I have about 11 hours of gameplay and no crashes too.

It's a good game, just don't expect to play the best game ever made tho.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
I think I may have encountered a gamebreaking bug?

After the butterfly boss, there's an elevator that goes down, I get in it, the door closes, nothing happens. Can't get out, I just have to quit the game. Alternatively, I can trigger the switch, leave before it closes, nothing still happens, then when I go to rest at a mistle and come back, the elevator has descended, I pull the lever to summon it, get some dialogue from Louis that it seems to be working, but it never comes.

Uuuuuh? What do?

Kolya

Jan 26, 2018
Man, I've hit a wall with a certain boss in a certain white area. I know I'll be able to do it but I keep dying at the same point (about 5% health left) and it's getting to be a bit frustrating.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
After yesterday's issue with the missing .exe file which was caused by my antivirus, I launch the game today and this is how it runs:

help :(

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else have the season pass? I can't find Mia's outfit or the Astrea blood code. This says that they should be in the basement but they're not there for me.

I'm playing on the X and have the Mia set downloaded, but don't see the blood code in the store. I bought the deluxe edition but it doesn't show as purchased in the store, but the individual content like the base game and season pass show as owned. Weird

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Does anyone else have the season pass? I can't find Mia's outfit or the Astrea blood code. This says that they should be in the basement but they're not there for me.

I'm playing on the X and have the Mia set downloaded, but don't see the blood code in the store. I bought the deluxe edition but it doesn't show as purchased in the store, but the individual content like the base game and season pass show as owned. Weird

I mean everything is explained in the article you linked, I got everything without any issue. Mia isn't an outfit, it's an actual companion, you talk to the doll to use alternate Mia as a companion. Blood codes (I think there was 2?) were shinies on the ground in the basement aswell.

You sure the dlcs are installed on steam?

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Really enjoying the gameplay so far. I've settled on a great sword strength build and it's a lot of fun.
I really like the fact that this is a much more relaxed experience compared to the Souls series. The NPC helpers are really pulling their weight and with the map system I can make sure that I've explored everything before moving on.

Has anyone tried out the NPC great sword weapon you can get for 50 "friendship points"? I'm thinking about getting that but as of right now my +4 pre-order bonus God Eater great sword outclasses everything I've come across so far.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Can you preview armors before buying?

Also, there seems to be no way to pause the game, no? I've tried playing in offline mode and no luck.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean everything is explained in the article you linked, I got everything without any issue. Mia isn't an outfit, it's an actual companion, you talk to the doll to use alternate Mia as a companion. Blood codes (I think there was 2?) were shinies on the ground in the basement aswell.

You sure the dlcs are installed on steam?
The doll isn't there for me, and I only got the one pre order blood code.

I have Mia's set installed, but don't see a download for the other blood code. My download list has:

Insatiable Bloodthirst
Venous Claw
Mia Set
GE Weapons
Bloodkin Set

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
The doll isn't there for me, and I only got the one pre order blood code.

I have Mia's set installed, but don't see a download for the other blood code. My download list has:

Insatiable Bloodthirst
Venous Claw
Mia Set
GE Weapons
Bloodkin Set

Check what dlcs you have installed on steam.

I have 4 DLCs installed:

CODE VEIN - Alternate Mia Set
CODE VEIN - Insatiable Bloodthirst Accessory Set
CODE VEIN - Season Pass
Aswell as the pre-order dlcs.

Maybe you're missing the season pass 🤔

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Can my friend and I seamlessly play through this together online, or is it a pain to coordinate and very situational? Sounding like the latter from the OP but wanted to be sure.

Oct 25, 2017
Check what dlcs you have installed on steam.

I have 4 DLCs installed:

CODE VEIN - Alternate Mia Set
CODE VEIN - Insatiable Bloodthirst Accessory Set
CODE VEIN - Season Pass
Aswell as the pre-order dlcs.

Maybe you're missing the season pass 🤔
I'm playing on the Xbox but I think you might be right. I own the season pass but it's not in the game's download list. I can install it from the store but it just adds Mia's set and not the pass. Maybe it's an Xbox issue?

I've deleted everything and I'm reinstalling now. Doubt it'll help but it's worth a try.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
I'm playing on the Xbox but I think you might be right. I own the season pass but it's not in the game's download list. I can install it from the store but it just adds Mia's set and not the pass. Maybe it's an Xbox issue?

I've deleted everything and I'm reinstalling now. Doubt it'll help but it's worth a try.

Ah yes my bad I don't know why I assumed you were on PC lol. But yeah, seems like you only have the pre order items installed, you're missing the dlcs.

I don't own an xbox so I can't really help you. :/

Hopefully a reinstallation does the trick!

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For those further in, do you unlock more clothes? Pity you can't mix and match. I just want a proper pair of trousers for my female character.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Any recommendations on Gifts/Blood Codes/Veils for a Greatsword user? Been using Berserker with Queens Thorn (I think that's the name) at the moment.

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
I last few gaming pick ups were all over the place when it comes to pc performance, from stutters, memory leak, crushes etc.
So it's good to play something where I only fiddled with the settings only once and can play a smooth 4k60fps+, feels good!

I have no confirmation but based on pics posted on this thread and my own experience, it seems like it just how they actually look :/

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
The overhead tracking that some of these enemies have is some Dark Souls 2 level of bullshit. Shitty design, that. Enemies also have ridiculously long reach sometimes.

But hey, otherwise the game is fine

Oct 26, 2017
I don't have the game yet but does this have multiple endings?

I'm watching someone play and early on I just saw a scene where
Mia's brother got turned to ash but I thought there was pics of him in the main base/hub in promotional materials? So is there a way to prevent that?

derwalde

Oct 28, 2017
Playing on PC with wired ps4 pad -> ps4 button prompts. Playing with wireless ps4 pad (bluetooth) -> Xbox prompts or no input at all. Help pls...

Oct 25, 2017
This game is real fucking good.

Like, legitimately surprised just how much fun I'm having with it. I'll admit, a part of that fun comes from the contrast of this with The Surge 2 -- a game that I think both fails to be at the same quality as its predecessor, and in the general just isn't particularly fun to play. It was actually an uphill battle, for me, because I:

1) Don't really like the anime style
2) Liked the demo enough, but saw a lot of the issues in it that others complained about
3) Wasn't feeling particularly charitable after being burned by The Surge 2

This game gets better the longer you play it. It starts off a bit bland in almost every respect, but as it grows in complexity across the board it really starts to shine, and a lot of the issues I had with it have basically fallen away as I've opened myself to everything it's doing. The "job" system with learnable abilities is something added to the world of Souls-like that I can't imagine not seeing others copy as we forward. It's so well-done, fun, allows for a ton of customization without *locking* the player out of roles, is sensitive to the players time but also does introduce choices such as leveling vs. mastering.

The levels get more sprawling and intertwined, even if they never become particularly complex. The introduction of a "mini bonfire" that helps to map the world lets the game do this more freely, and it gives you something to hunt for as you're making your way through the world. Some of them are in rather devious locations, but they usually come with a reward for your exploration. In point of fact: Code Vein rewards players for exploration more than any single Souls-like I've played, I think. I never feel like I'm wasting my time pushing down an alley with nasty enemy combos because I know the game will make it worth the while.

Bosses are well designed, and fair. I haven't run into a single unfair boss, or a boss that has a bunch of adds to deal with or dumb one-shot combos etc; it's all been well-telegraphed and direct fights that challenge the player to play well with whatever approach they want to take. That being said, the bosses are pretty easy overall, whether you have a friend by your side, the companion, or are alone, they are all on average a step beneath what you'd expect from a Souls game. But, honestly... it's kind of a breath of fresh air to play a game that isn't *constantly* trying to find ways to fuck the player over. Sometimes it's fun to take the pattern of Souls and apply it to just a fun game. That's what Code Vein is to me, so far. It's just fun.

I'm only 17 hours in, but I'd give the game a very fucking solid 8.5 right now.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
So I accidentally completed a side quest for Shang (merchant at the crossroads) by handing him an item and my brother is trying to complete it too but had no item to hand over, it's his first quest. What is that item and where did I get it?

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Made it about three hours in, to the second boss I've encountered thus far. Hammers so far seem to be my jam. It's pretty good. Playing without a partner, though, which makes the boss a bit harder. Overall pretty impressed with the game.

Has anyone figured out the RB attacks, the launch and the other one? Things seem to die before I really know what I'm doing with them.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
For a game that has such a praised character creator I'm kinda taken aback that it doesn't feature a very free-form palette for unique skin colors. Kinda let down by that.

Dawg

Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone tried out the NPC great sword weapon you can get for 50 "friendship points"? I'm thinking about getting that but as of right now my +4 pre-order bonus God Eater great sword outclasses everything I've come across so far.

I bought Yakumo's weapon and it got me through mid-game to late-game. It really is a great weapon. Combine it with the Atlas Blood Code and your mobility gets changed from slow to normal, which is really good. I defeated most enemies in two or three hits.

Any recommendations on Gifts/Blood Codes/Veils for a Greatsword user? Been using Berserker with Queens Thorn (I think that's the name) at the moment.

Atlas (Yakumo's Blood Code) is probably the best for a greatsword build. It's what I used to beat most of the game. Got my strength to S+ with the passive gift that increases damage if u wear 2H swords. And I also got two additional strength gifts. One of them is from Louis Blood Code.

Basically made me hit VERY HARD.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Maybe this isn't a problem specific to this game, but... anyone know why every time I launch the game, it opens on my 2nd monitor? My 1st monitor is flagged as primary (in Windows and nvidia settings).

There's no monitor selection in game settings, so I change it to windowed, drag over to main monitor, then change resolution and back to fullscreen. Main monitor is 1920x1080 over displayport, 2nd is 1680x1050 over DVI.