• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Queen Of Hunting
Jun 14, 2019
Played fine yesterday byt when I tried launching the game just now I got this error:

8ZI30OJ.png

I tried verifying the files and now steam just keeps updating the game over and over and it never stops, it's not even downloading anything anymore... help?

did u set the exe to run as admin that causes that issue too

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
If you have any external apps running I noticed it messes things up. Like MSI afterburner

did u set the exe to run as admin that causes that issue too

Tried both your suggestions, didn't work. :(

Guess i'll just have to redownload it, anyone know where the savefile is located?

Edit: looks like i'm missing that "Win64-Shipping.exe" file in the game's folder for some reason, can anyone check if there's supposed to be a "Win64-Shipping.exe" file located in \CODE VEIN\CodeVein\Binaries\Win64 ?

Last edited:

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't play much more, but it noticed it stopped doing it after the tutorial and the place where you pick up your mask. The first "combat" area didn't have the floating, I don't know if it'll come back later though.
I only played the tutorial so I really don't know either but it's kinda the same with Spyro, some grounds is floaty, some are not.

JackSlate

Oct 30, 2017
4 hrs in and I'm really enjoying my time with the game. Runs fantastic on my PC too. I think coming in with low expectations made this game better then it has any right being.

Fries

Oct 25, 2017
Tried both your suggestions, didn't work. :(

Guess i'll just have to redownload it, anyone know where the savefile is located?

Edit: looks like i'm missing that "Win64-Shipping.exe" file in the game's folder for some reason, can anyone check if there's supposed to be a "Win64-Shipping.exe" file located in \CODE VEIN\CodeVein\Binaries\Win64 ?
Yep, the file is "CodeVein-Win64-Shipping.exe". You can try verifying the game files/integrity through the game's properties menu in Steam and it should download missing files. Also, Afterburner works fine with the game.

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
How does online coop work exactly?
Girlfriend and me planning to buy it in the next few hours. How is progress shared between players? I assume the host gets the story progress and the invited player keeps experience, items etc? What about trophies for the player who joined?

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018

Yep, the file is "CodeVein-Win64-Shipping.exe". You can try verifying the game files/integrity through the game's properties menu in Steam and it should download missing files. Also, Afterburner works fine with the game.

Well, thats the issue then. I already tried verifying the game files, steam downloaded 1 missing file but then it just started "validating" the files over and over... And the Win64-Shipping.exe file is still missing.

I'm redownloading the game now but apparently some people had the same issue and redownloading didnt fix it.

If redownloading doesn't work I'll have to try and find that file Somewhere and put it in the folder myself :/

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Okay, the problem was just my antivirus. If anyone has the same issue, try disabling your antivirus before verifying the files. Now I can finally play!

Edit: Or even better, as andymoogle said:

Add an exception to your game folder instead of disabling the AV.

Last edited:

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Does the full game run better on base PS4 than the demo? My poor PS4 was suffering when I played the demo.

Antitype

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, it's currently sitting at 26k CCU on Steam and should keep climbing till Saturday evening EU time. That's way more than I thought it would get. Looks like the launch is a success, at least on Steam, despite the middling reviews (69 meta at the time of this post).

anaa

Unshakable Resolve
Jun 30, 2019
Picked this up and have been playing a couple hours, did anyone else turn around and backtrack when getting the first blood bead in the starter area assuming the goal was to 'exit' after reaching it? Felt like a complete idiot after wandering aimlessly for a while trying to find the exit only to realize there was more map just beyond that room with the blood spring. Also was a little dissapointed when the first boss didn't really make me learn the patterns and just kept healing me from death.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
To those of you who have played both The Surge 2 and Code Vein - How do they compare? I've only played The Surge 2, and I'd like to hear the inevitable head-to-head comparisons.

Surge 2 is more mechanically complex and has a very different storytelling style/aesthetic. I've played a couple hours of both (discounting the time I put into the CV Trial) and, despite Surge 2 having a number of advantages over CV, the relative simplicity of play in CV, as well as the aesthetic and story, are more appealing to me, so I'm more inclined to wanting to play CV at the moment, whereas I'll get back to Surge 2.

One negative is that the default way to play CV, with a partner, is far too easy, at least so far. Just got to the Swamp and I'm probably gonna turn them off when I get home and play some more, it's kind of brainless, at least this early on.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Took me over an hour to make my character, but I'm quite happy with how she turned out. Might change a couple of things here and there as I go (clothes, accessoires etc.). The character editor is crazy. So much depth. As for the game: I'm still in the prologue area (didn't have much time to play yet) but so far the game runs great for me on PC. Looking forward to playing more.

FTLW9Vu.jpg

AWyIkM8.jpg

TNqYNzv.jpg

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Nice @mudai, looks like your ERA avatar. I'm pushing close to 50 hours in the demo, and I'm sure at least half of that is character creation.

I'm just waiting on Amazon to drop off my disc. Unfortunately it looks like you can only import a single build to start; at least that's what my friends have told me. I wanted to start out with my 2B build, but I decided to compromise and use the same bob cut on one of my first character builds. I'm just going to call her the "blood hunter".

tuICwsB.png

bAR9oz6.png

jKLbvsW.png

nbxEBj9.png

Sleek, basic. Looks like an extra in an Underworld film.

Oct 27, 2017
Nice @mudai, looks like your ERA avatar. I'm pushing close to 50 hours in the demo, and I'm sure at least half of that is character creation.

I'm just waiting on Amazon to drop off my disc. Unfortunately it looks like you can only import a single build to start; at least that's what my friends have told me. I wanted to start out with my 2B build, but I decided to compromise and use the same bob cut on one of my first character builds. I'm just going to call her the "blood hunter".

tuICwsB.png

bAR9oz6.png

jKLbvsW.png

nbxEBj9.png

Another amazing character, well done!

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am bad at this game. I just can't seem to get a handle on the parry timing (the parry seems a bit over powered when it does land)

mudai

Oct 27, 2017

tuICwsB.png

bAR9oz6.png

jKLbvsW.png

nbxEBj9.png

Thank you very much for the praise. Love your OC, too. Very, very cool looking. I like that you can turn on and off certain parts of the different clothes. Adds a lot ot the variety.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
My disc just arrived. I'm installing and then I'll hop on. Hope to see some of you (PS4).

I am bad at this game. I just can't seem to get a handle on the parry timing (the parry seems a bit over powered when it does land)
Honestly, I recommend just dodging and getting a feel for how many frames it takes to raise your weapon to block. Parrying will come naturally as you play.

Another amazing character, well done!
Thank you very much for the praise. Love your OC, too. Very, very cool looking. I like that you can turn on and off certain parts of the different clothes. Adds a lot ot the variety.
Thanks guys. I have a lot of builds and it was kind of torture to have to choose just one to start with. I see a lot of screen capturing and rebuilding in my future. :/

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are there PC benchmarks yet? I wonder if my GTX 970 + 4 Ghz i5 can run it more smoothly than the PS4. Normally, that should be the case. The game couldn't maintain the 60 FPS very often in the PS4 demo I played.

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
I had a pretty low opinion of this game after playing the demo they dropped a few weeks ago, but like. . . I'm actually loving it after buying it on pc??? I dunno if there were combat adjustments made, but the 60fps really does make things feel a lot better.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Are there PC benchmarks yet? I wonder if my GTX 970 + 4 Ghz i5 can run it more smoothly than the PS4. Normally, that should be the case. The game couldn't maintain the 60 FPS very often in the PS4 demo I played.

Well a 970 is basically = to ps4 pro, and your cpu is much better so that isn't a concern.

There's a video of the RX 570 putting out 70-100 fps at 1080p and that card trades blows with the 970 so should be fairly representative.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
I'll be buying this on the 1X as soon as my copy of The Surge 2 sells on eBay.

Quick question: there was a lot of talk of the demo version running erratically on the 1X, while it ran close to 60 FPS on the Pro.

For those of you with the 1X version, how does it perform, and how does it compare to the demo, if you played it?

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
When should I start doing depths? 🤔

I don't want to be overleveled for the main story stuff

You should do them asap, at least the first few. I got 2 of them in the short time I was able to play and they just had basic enemies for the most part. Better to get those low resources now than come back later when they're pointless.

Like Mudai mentioned, just dodge for now. Blocking is pretty meh and Parrying is, well, hit or miss. If it's anything like Dark Souls, you should more than be able to beat it without ever parrying anyway.

I had a pretty low opinion of this game after playing the demo they dropped a few weeks ago, but like. . . I'm actually loving it after buying it on pc??? I dunno if there were combat adjustments made, but the 60fps really does make things feel a lot better.

Same. The gameplay is still a little clunkier than I'd prefer, but the improved IQ and more consistent high FPS on PC does a lot to make it feel a bit better overall. It also helps that this is my character now, not a demo character. I feel like that's an underappreciated aspect of RPG demos. I'm not invested in a character I won't get to keep, personally.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017

Quick question: there was a lot of talk of the demo version running erratically on the 1X, while it ran close to 60 FPS on the Pro.

For those of you with the 1X version, how does it perform, and how does it compare to the demo, if you played it?

Anyone? Sorry, I'm impatient.

Radokat

Oct 30, 2017
Ah everything starts to make a lot more sense after a while.
I recommend giving the game some time - at least until you killed the first real boss.

Everything opens up a lot more and you get a lot of gifts to mix.

Sadly my first coop experience was a bad one...after 15 minutes of helping and running around my character got stuck/invisible just before the boss and fell through the floor after a while:/
No medals for me.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
Been stuck on the first real boss for awhile and a few things.

1. Okay, now I really appreciate Fromsoft's animations
2. Having an AI who I'd like to draw aggro sticking to me 75% of the time suuuure isn't fun.
3. Found out ALT-F4ing lets you get back your items, considering I have only one for the status ailment in this fight.

Odelpha

Oct 17, 2018

Although there's no 4k or HDR, the performance on One X is fine

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Is it an option to not take AI companions with you? And if you don't take them, do you lose out on anything? The brief bit I played was practically ruined by having an AI companion that trivialized literally everything.

OP
OP
Queen Of Hunting
Jun 14, 2019
The blood codes are amazing feature and especially when ur full proficient in that skill and can use it in another blood code build. The stuff here is endless and is really more diverse than any souls games or inspired ive played ( for skills / builds atleast)

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
Is it an option to not take AI companions with you? And if you don't take them, do you lose out on anything? The brief bit I played was practically ruined by having an AI companion that trivialized literally everything.

There don't seem to be any friendship stats tracked or anything (visible to the player at least, dunno about any potential endgame fuckery) and you don't get anything from having them other than having them. I'd recommend turning them off if you're seeking any real kind of challenge, they're really overtuned for early game stuff. Only had one die to the fat chick with a hammer once because I wasn't being helpful and didn't actually have the heal spell allocated since I didn't need to up til then, haha.

Raidou

Oct 25, 2017
Beat the 3rd boss, this one was a little difficult solo. I'm glad I don't listen to reviews in a long time because this game is really good.
The blood codes are amazing feature and especially when ur full proficient in that skill and can use it in another blood code build. The stuff here is endless and is really more diverse than any souls games or inspired ive played ( for skills / builds atleast)
You also can get passive skills for status so if you use a "Mage" Blood Code with a C in Strength you can raise it with a passive skill so this way you can use skills, weapons and other stuff that needs for example an A in Strength. I don't remember a game with this much freedom for you to choose a class, you can pretty much be anything and change to anything anytime.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Bit lost with the Blood Veils, wanting to go with a Greatsword build but not really sure what Veils I should be looking at and upgrading.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
Don't forget you can teleport back to the base.
Well, since I was dying at the boss, I lost my souls equivalent, so I'd have to go back and get those... and in typing this I just remembered I could sell things, which is not something I'm used to in a Soulslike game, so god damn it, me.