• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I liked the combat and art design but the story and voice acting were objectively horrendous. The level design from a game play perspective is also bad

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Cant get over how bad and edgy the art design looks.
maxresdefault.jpg

Whose idea was it to make a giant Hatsune Miku with a spear as a boss?

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
The frame-elimination technique they use to try to make things look more like traditional animation comes across as amateurish. Not to be too rough on it, because maybe the in-game style works, but this looks and sounds incredibly lame based on the intro. These designs like what I'd consider d-tier.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Cant get over how bad and edgy the art design looks.
maxresdefault.jpg

Whose idea was it to make a giant Hatsune Miku with a spear as a boss?
It's hilarious comparing this to From Software's take on a giant elegant corrupted monster woman warrior.

39B8D2A58A22D499C2AA43E9DCFED2905C82755A

One of these stirs up feelings of beauty, sorrow, majesty, and horror.

The other features prominent boob jiggle physics.

Last edited:
OP
OP
pleaseinsertdisctwo
Oct 31, 2017
man the lifeboats, kids. you'd be better off replaying a from game...

From what I've played of Dark Souls and Bloodborne, I love them. I do. But they're way too hard and time consuming for me, and with the games basically being cutscene-free, there's no reward for pushing through for me. This is an easier version, with cutscenes. Yeah it's obviously not going to be as good, but I'll take it! At least I can see myself finishing this.

Also, yeah it's ridiculously edgy, but it's so edgy that it's reached the "charming" territory for me

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Eh average at best,it should've been a cgi opening imo.
It's not more more cringy than those who use edgy to describe something,that word totally lost its meaning by now.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
The edgyness is so dumb/cool I love it, I understand not liking the pandering but the song is great idk. People on here maybe are just way too cynical about anime stuff in general. I will never protest some bloody, spiky, J-rocky goodness (animation is fine).

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Yeaaaah this is a Bandai Namco opening cinematic. Not great, not terrible, just weird and random. Game was interesting with the network test, at least, so I'll maybe jump on the PC version once it's at a price I'm willing to pay.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
Thought I was watching an amv from the mid-90's.
Music made me think I was listening to something from the mid-90s and I felt instantly old.

It was like a cover band of Linkin Park and Papa Roach thinking they had a great song.

I guess I'm in because I love Souls like gameplay.

Oct 25, 2017
complaining about "cringe" is for lame people who want to seem cooler than they are

HOWEVER

i gotta say that i am not a fan of some of these stylistic choices and the stutter-y animation

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I was "Meh" and then the music and vocals kicked in. Instant mute.

I'm honestly considering cancelling my pre-order and taking a "wait-and-see" approach with this one. I have a bad feeling about it.

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
Haven't payed attention to this game, only what's been shown at conferences I think. Didn't know this game had an involved story or that many characters. It's going to be fun to play through for one reason or another lol.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Same. People with the "MAKE EVERYTHING IN-GAME, GRAPHICS ARE GOOD ENOUGH NOW" mentality can fuck off honestly. There's even people saying Tales of Arise shouldn't have Ufotable cutscenes.
Kinda unnecessarily hostile but okay.

I just think that a game studio pulling off a shot like this with the same visual quality using in-game assets would be more impressive than hiring an animation studio to do it, but fuck me I guess.

Perturabo

Oct 27, 2017
So my question is, if you can make your own character, how will that reflect in the cinematics through out the game?

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
People saying that animated cinematics (particularly opening) should no longer be made are going way too far. Just remember how awesome the P5 intro was for instance.

Jan 21, 2019
This art style and presentation is the reason anime will always be embarrassing in the general public.

Like, wow, did they just use the basic shonen checklist of things you need to sell your stuff to weebs.

I'm not denying that it might be a good game, but damn is it generic. Just needs an 8 year old Loli and it's perfect.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The music reminds me of early 2000's emo screamo and honestly I kinda love it.

Game looks alright and I'll probably get it. Guess I can't be one of the cool kids.

Oct 27, 2017
I REALLY want this game to be good but from what I've seen.....I don't know. The anime intro doesn't bother me one bit. I'm more speaking on the game play footage that was put out a month or so ago.