• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZeroMaverick

Mar 5, 2018
But what does this integration look like? If it's ditching the MW engine, mobility, and shooting model, I'm out.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ample time to run through some SP games in November then get back into Warzone in December I suppose.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Be interesting to see how it's integrated. Black Ops plays so different to MW so is it just going to be cosmetic things or will the guns, the mechanics and animations carry over....

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Warzone is a pretty interesting way to keep the main games relevant. Unless there is a way to unlock the MW guns in Cold War and vice versa if one specific gun becomes OP you are gonna have to have both games to stay competitive with the general population.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Thank god. I've been playing Warzone almost daily and I couldn't take more than 30 minutes of Cold War BETA

It should be noted it is a bit of speculation. I can't see them changing engines when MW's engine handles big maps and player counts much better. Not to mention Warzone will continue to be cross-gen, so you don't want to change your game to the worse performing engine that is struggling on previous gen.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
There will not be an engine shift.

source.gif

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Strikerrr

Oct 25, 2017
They won't change the engine.

So it will play like MW but also have BOCW guns.

They said you when you get a loadout box you can choose either a MW or BOCW loadout.

I have no idea how they will balance this since the BOCW guns have different attachments that are mostly straight upgrades rather than having pros/cons like the MW guns. They're also don't are designed for a slightly different TTK, don't seem to recoil as much, and have a lot of overlapping guns with MW like the AK-47, XM4/M4A1, Beretta, etc.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they will remove Warzone from Modern Warfare so it's not constantly updating with those 100gb patches anymore :E

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
I have no idea how they will balance this since the BOCW guns have different attachments that are mostly straight upgrades rather than having pros/cons like the MW guns. They're also don't are designed for a slightly different TTK, don't seem to recoil as much, and have a lot of overlapping guns with MW like the AK-47, XM4/M4A1, Beretta, etc.

I don't understand it either.

What about the perks?

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They've given up on the illusion that these games aren't just the same stuff each year lol.

Joking aside this is a decent solution.