• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SliChillax

Oct 30, 2017
Tirana, Albania
So this is making me angry. After waiting for 1 month to play the game on PC because I wanted to experience the definitive version (I already own a PS4 Pro and didnt buy it there), I finally boot up MW2r and to my surprise there's no HDR support. Why is this a thing? HDR is in the PS4 version, what reason is there for no HDR on PC? Hopefully I'll get a refund, I'd rather play with HDR than some slight graphic upgrade.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
Isn't the HDR situation on PC still a mess in general? I would certainly do some looking into it before making such a purchase

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A mess how? Got my PC hooked up to my OLED tv and HDR games have always worked amazingly. I never would have thought developers would remove something on the PC version of the game, usually it's the opposite.
a lot of computer screens still don't support HDR or have really shitty HDR. Especially the higher refresh rate models.

Jan 2, 2018
Is it available from inside MW 2019 game? I pre-purchased it yesterady and I don't have MW installed and I can't see MW2R logo on Battle.net

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
While that does suck I'm pretty sure it's not unusual since most monitors still don't support HDR.

OP
OP
SliChillax

SliChillax

Oct 30, 2017
Tirana, Albania
a lot of computer screens still don't support HDR or have really shitty HDR. Especially the higher refresh rate models.
Maybe there would be more hdr monitors if developers didnt remove a feature thats already implemented.

Is it available from inside MW 2019 game? I pre-purchased it yesterady and I don't have MW installed and I can't see MW2R logo on Battle.net
No it's a separate game tab on Battle net.

While that does suck I'm pretty sure it's not unusual since most monitors still don't support HDR.
That's still no excuse to remove a feature that's already implemented in the game.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Isn't the HDR situation on PC still a mess in general? I would certainly do some looking into it before making such a purchase

I wouldn't call it a mess, it's a lot better than it was 3 or so years ago when you had to get really fiddly with windows' global HDR setting before launching any game or diving into monitor specific settings etc (at least in my experience). Many more recent games (Ubi titles seems to handle it well) have it implemented a lot more smoothly. It's definitely not in a great place though. Still waiting on that Ori 2 HDR PC update..

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately many games that have HDR on consoles don't have that feature in the PC version. And yes, HDR on PC is kind of a mess still.

Hopefully both of those things change in the next few years. The only way to get devs to fix it though is to keep making noise about it.

Oct 25, 2017
Hope this gets fixed. I pre-ordered it but haven't started yet. MW has great HDR, it doesn't make sense that it would be removed from this...