• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks Activision for making this a reality. Thanks to Sony too, really cool campaign.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Multiplatform COD owners(if you exist). Anyone know if the ghost pack carries to another platform like your progress/settings does? So if you bought MW2 remastered on PS4 and get the ghost pack to your PS4, do the items carry to Xbox if you didn't preorder MW2 remastered on Xbox?

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
FFVII has historical ties to PS. Didn't stop the crying. You can find justifications for any deal if you want. Point is the deals don't need justification. A studio doesn't nerd to be in trouble to make an acquisition OK. It is all just made up guidelines on here.

Nice strawman. Who is talking about FFVII here?

While I agree with your last point, and have the same stance myself, there is a stark difference in consumer blowback when comparing, say, the next CoD (Black Ops remake or whatever) being platform exclusive versus Crash Bandicoot being a 1 year timed exclusive (the outcry there was due to the shadiness of Sony trying their damned hardest to hide it being a timed exclusive, otherwise it was well accepted that it probably wouldn't come to other platforms). Not saying that it needs justification.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Multiplatform COD owners(if you exist). Anyone know if the ghost pack carries to another platform like your progress/settings does? So if you bought MW2 remastered on PS4 and get the ghost pack to your PS4, do the items carry to Xbox if you didn't preorder MW2 remastered on Xbox?
My deluxe edition bonuses (skins, weapons, etc.) from PC carried over to PS4, so I'd imagine this works the same way. Probably need to download at least Warzone on PS4 and start it up for it to be registered to your Activision account though.

Oct 25, 2017
Nice strawman. Who is talking about FFVII here?

While I agree with your last point, and have the same stance myself, there is a stark difference in consumer blowback when comparing, say, the next CoD (Black Ops remake or whatever) being platform exclusive versus Crash Bandicoot being a 1 year timed exclusive (the outcry there was due to the shadiness of Sony trying their damned hardest to hide it being a timed exclusive, otherwise it was well accepted that it probably wouldn't come to other platforms). Not saying that it needs justification.

The comment I responded to used MS association with Dead Rising as justification for DR4 timed exclusivity. So I used a comparable example to show that people don't give a fuck about that kind of stuff.

ElNerdo

Oct 22, 2018
My guess is Activision sees this as "DLC", even though it's a whole campaign. That's probably why it's launching first on PS4, due to their multi-year "PS4 first" deal.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
By the way, what the is up with Activision selling it for 25€ in Europe? Doing US prices 1:1 is already bullshit, but now they're adding 5€ on top of it? The fuck?

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
My guess is Activision sees this as "DLC", even though it's a whole campaign. That's probably why it's launching first on PS4, due to their multi-year "PS4 first" deal.
PS4 doesn't get DLC first anymore, with MW2019 the only thing which is timed PS4 exclusive is Spec Ops Survival (for a whole year at that) and like a handful of useless skins.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Yea, it's ridiculous how emotional people are getting over this. I never thought I'd see this many people mad over a 10 year old game's remaster. 30 days exclusivity is nothing, it will be over before people even realize it. People need to chill the fuck out. There are infinitely more important things going on in the world right now.

No, it's 30 days. Pathetic I know. You'd think Sony secured a year long exclusivity deal with the way some people are embarrassing themselves in here.
This isn't the first time and it won't be the last Sony does this. Especially with next gen on the horizon.

What's it to you if people are making their dissatisfaction known?

Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California
Played a few missions of the remaster so far, it looks pretty good. I would like to see DF do a comparison video between this and the original.

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
The only people embarrassing themselves here are the ones defending timed exclusivity.
To be fair it takes two to tango.
Activision and Sony entered an agreement and these are the benefits bearing fruit. Why should Sony worry about Xbox and PC gamers, Activision is much more at "fault" here if anything.
It really is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, it is not like the campaign is exclusive forever anyway. The world has bigger problems to deal with than a 30 day exclusive.

Please enlighten me if I have not interpreted the marketing deal accurately.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair it takes two to tango.
Activision and Sony entered an agreement and these are the benefits bearing fruit. Why should Sony worry about Xbox and PC gamers, Activision is much more at "fault" here if anything.
It really is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, it is not like the campaign is exclusive forever anyway. The world has bigger problems to deal with than a 30 day exclusive.

Please enlighten me if I have not interpreted the marketing deal accurately.
They're both at fault it's a shitty deal for consumers and always has been.

Also the world always has bigger problems than videogames but this is a videogame forum if we didn't talk about them it might as well not exist.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
My deluxe edition bonuses (skins, weapons, etc.) from PC carried over to PS4, so I'd imagine this works the same way. Probably need to download at least Warzone on PS4 and start it up for it to be registered to your Activision account though.
Nice. Yeah that's what I plan to do. I tried the same with PS4 warzone pack, but i didn't notice the items carry over to Xbox. Could've did something wrong on my part I guess. Thanks!

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
They're both at fault it's a shitty deal for consumers and always has been.

Also the world always has bigger problems than videogames but this is a videogame forum if we didn't talk about them it might as well not exist.
You are right.

As for its a shitty deal for consumers, for which consumers?
Sony serves their consumers on the PS4, it is not their job to think about other platforms. Would you agree?

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
You are right.

As for its a shitty deal for consumers, for which consumers?
Sony serves their consumers on the PS4, it is not their job to think about other platforms. Would you agree?
How does delaying a game from coming to another platform serve Sony's consumers?

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
How does delaying a game from coming to another platform serve Sony's consumers?
They get first access to desirable content. It can also be an incentive to grow their user base or increase PSN income.

Their interests lay with their consumers but more importantly with their bottom dollar. They made this deal and this is just part of it. It is not that complicated to be fair.

Would you agree that Sony has no responsibility to worry about other platforms outside their own and that their main responsibility is in how they can make their own platform more attractive to consumers, no matter how it may be perceived by owners of other platforms?

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
Played MW2 for days when it came out but yeah; its pretty low on my radar that it's hard to relate to all the fuss about the exclusivity.

If it was like Doom Eternal for a month exclusive on XBONE that'd be annoying.

JetBazooka

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
User Banned (1 week) - Platform Warring

They are serving me right now with the V.I.P access to cod mw2. It made purchasing the most popular console this gen (the ps4) even more worth it. I can play the game right now when the country is on lockdown. The rest will have to play it when everyone is back to work.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
They get first access to desirable content. It can also be an incentive to grow their user base or increase PSN income.

Their interests lay with their consumers but more importantly with their bottom dollar. They made this deal and this is just part of it. It is not that complicated to be fair.

Would you agree that Sony has no responsibility to worry about other platforms outside their own and that their main responsibility is in how they can make their own platform more attractive to consumers, no matter how it may be perceived by owners of other platforms?

Why should we give two tosses about Sony's obligations? That sort of reasoning could be used to justify all manner of garbage, all of it beneficial for the mega-corps but not at all for the customer. This is foremost a punitive action against players on other platforms, and it's sad to see so many people in this thread dismiss that or worse, actually insult those decrying it as "entitled" or "embarrassing."

They are serving me right now with the V.I.P access to cod mw2. It made purchasing the most popular console this gen (the ps4) even more worth it. I can play the game right now when the country is on lockdown. The rest will have to play it when everyone is back to work.

They're serving you ... by arbitrarily preventing other people from being able to access a finished product? That is astounding.

Beastie91

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Bay Area CA
lol thats just wrong and unnecessary personally I expect more deals like this next gen actually I dont think this will stop it will get worse.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
What's with all the hate? I thought Epic has lead the way that timed exclusive is the way to go for everyone in this industry to thrive.

Oct 27, 2017
So is anyone doing an OT?

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remaster (PS4) |OT| No Rushing (to buy it on other platforms)

Too wordy? I find myself tempted to get this even though I'm sure I didn't like the game much back in the day. Must resist!

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
So is anyone doing an OT?

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remaster (PS4) |OT| No Rushing (to buy it on other platforms)

Too wordy? I find myself tempted to get this even though I'm sure I didn't like the game much back in the day. Must resist!

|OT| is already up but too much fire going on in this thread.

www.resetera.com

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Remastered |OT| No Russian to other platforms

Publisher: Activision Platforms: PS4 (XB1 and PC on April 30th) Price: $20 STORY The game's campaign follows the Task Force 141, a special forces unit fronted by Captain Soap MacTavish, as they hunt Vladimir Makarov, leader of the Russian Ultranationalist party, and the United States Army...

Last edited:

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
This is likely a hold over from 2018 when PlayStation got Call of Duty content a month early as that was when the licensing and development for this game was done. It's been sitting around since then waiting for release and the delayed rollout on PC and Xbox is probably just in accordance with that deal.
What kind of childish, goading bullshit is this post? I'm embarrassed for you.

Oct 27, 2017
|OT| is already up but to much fire going on in this thread.

www.resetera.com

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Remastered |OT| No Russian to other platforms

Publisher: Activision Platforms: PS4 (XB1 and PC on April 30th) Price: $20 STORY The game's campaign follows the Task Force 141, a special forces unit fronted by Captain Soap MacTavish, as they hunt Vladimir Makarov, leader of the Russian Ultranationalist party, and the United States Army...

Ah cool, thanks. I will check that out!

LatteToGo

Oct 28, 2017
Everyone is super fast to forget how much besties XBox were with Activision during the 360 years when it came to map-packs etc. Who cares? You'll get it anyway soon.

Lol. Yeaah people tend to forget fast. I remember the Tomb Raider fiasco and the shit. Ignoring the largest playerbase but who care they got the time exclusive with microsoft!! Company just want money, that's where they stand. They don't care about playerbase, old game being remaster etc

Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
What an absolute shitty response, talk about petty.

I really hope this exclusive shit like this dies next gen.

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
I never actually finished the MW2 campaign on the account that the PC version had insane memory leak problems. I might pick it up when it goes on sale. Not sure if I'm ready to jump back in to the CoD formula of shooting at the moment.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
They carry over. PS4 > PC

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
I have a feeling this game has been finished for a good while now, and $20 is too much for an old game with no MP, $15 or $10 would have been a better price. Also a 10 year old game getting a 30 day exclusive is ridiculous, these type of deals wont stop if we keep supporting the games. Dont support games that do these types of deals, if you do, then nothing will ever change. I know some deals have different different circumstances, but not in the case of what Activision is doing.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Activision laughing quietly in the background counting their money while Microsoft and Sony get blamed by gamers for the marketing deals the past two generations.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
I have a feeling this game has been finished for a good while now, and $20 is too much for an old game with no MP, $15 or $10 would have been a better price. Also a 10 year old game getting a 30 day exclusive is ridiculous, these type of deals wont stop if we keep supporting the games. Dont support games that do these types of deals, if you do, then nothing will ever change. I know some deals have different different circumstances, but not in the case of what Activision is doing.
The fact of the matter is that the vast majority of customers aren't even aware of deals like this happening. It's certainly not hurting sales in a meaningful way so a boycott isn't going to change anything.

Kildrek

Oct 25, 2017
I bought three copies, so fucking stoked to play one of the best campaigns in the COD universe.

Me and my buddies are going to tear through the campaign tomorrow and then work our way up through the difficulties and see who beats Veteran first.