• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
Between consoles you can almost expect the battle for exclusives to happen, but moneyhatting from the PC space is fucking vomit inducing. After Sony moneyhatting fucking modes in games, this should be expected. Guaranteed any MW2 MP remaster is going to be a moneyhat.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
LOL at Sony and their ridiculous timed deals like this on 3rd party multiplatform games, but of course Activision went along with the money hat too. Continued decisions like this by companies such as Sony and Activision ensure that neither gets any of my money any time soon.

Deleted member 64517

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 14, 2020
User Warned: Platform Warring
MS buying studios while Sony buying ancient ports. Good luck in the subscription service future Sony lmao

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Of course they didnt but you realize these things can change right, movies didnt plan on releasing everywhere day 1 they were planned on being made for movie theaters.

Movie studios are doing that to try and salvage the box office money they were losing out on because nobody was going to the movies, not out of the goodness of their hearts. Is there any reason to believe the coronavirus and quarantines would impact Sony and Activision's deal in the same way? If not why would they alter it?

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Do you think they made this deal last week?

Seriously? who the hell would think that?

They could've made a deal 2 years ago it doesn't matter, the fact that other developers and media companies are releasing their products earlier than usual just for those people stuck at home and yet Sony sticks with their BS exclusivity and denies the game for anyone who doesn't own their console for a month is in bloody poor taste.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
see above, I think it's a deal from 2018 being honoured now.
I'm willing to bet it's even further back considering BO4's (2018's CoD) DLC was exclusive for only 1 week. Wouldn't surprise me if this 1 month exclusivity was signed all the way back in 2016 around the time they signed the deal for CoD4 Remastered, and it will probably include a possible campaign for MW3 Remastered as well.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
ERA is such a weird place - people gonna get worked up and very angry about something being timed exclusive for a period because of a business deal. But at the same time will celebrate MS buying up a dozen of studios that developed for multiple consoles before the purchase.

At the end it's just business - PS has been the CoD home for this generation, they have communicated very clearly that all kind of CoD content will most likely hit PS first.

Is it great ? Nope. But they also never promised anything else.

Moai

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chile
Fuck this platform exclusive timed bullshit. Im sure they dont care but im not going to buy it now.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Of course they didnt but you realize these things can change right, movies didnt plan on releasing everywhere day 1 they were planned on being made for movie theaters.

Sorry mate dragging a console exclusivity for a month into people suffering from Corona is some grade A nonsense. This is not that serious. You know what you should be really concerned about as it relates to Corona virus pandemic and businesses are responding to it? See how they treat their employees during this time instead. Hell, look at the thread on how Sony is treating their employees during this time ....not a lot of posts lol Being upset with exclusivity is fine (it sucks when any of these companies do it) but sadly it's an industry norm now. Let's not make this into something that it isn't.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
The tears are legendary in this thread, hahahha
People grow up, COD had exclusivity deal with xbox last gen, has exclusivity deal with sony this gen, and will have an exclusivity deal with toyota next gen, deal with it.

Whoever is the US market leader will have some kind of COD deal for all time. Happened when it was 360, happening now with PS4, would happen if Sega miraculously roared back with a smash hit console.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Wow. They still managed to piss off people. This was an easy win for them and they screwed it up.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm willing to bet it's even further back considering BO4's (2018's CoD) DLC was exclusive for only 1 week. Wouldn't surprise me if this 1 month exclusivity was signed all the way back in 2016 around the time they signed the deal for CoD4 Remastered, and it will probably include a possible campaign for MW3 Remastered as well.

yeah, it could go back to the original MW:R deal.

Iacomus

Dec 26, 2018
3 is fully exclusive to Xbox.

4 was timed exclusive for 1 year.

Throwing this out here.

- 1 was meant to be full exclusive but later released on PS4, PC and Xbox One.
- 3 was until it was also released on PC.
- The company that made them went defunct so we don't know if there were plans to port 3.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Wow. We are in the deep end now.
lmao, this thread is something else. Get a grip people.
I know right, these crazy people out here defending everything companies do
So Sony was supposed to go to Activisiom and literally say, "Never mind, you can put it on Xbox too?"
No you go to Activision and make a deal to get the game released a few days later or a week later or say you know what lets move the deal to something else the fans of our games arent going to like this and its a bad look given the world situation right now, we should be supporting everyone. This type of stuff is bad when anyone does it, anyone doing it now is worse.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Is there really that much love for a decade old shooter campaign? :S

I still haven't even touched MW2019's campaign.

You know they're bots right.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why people are surprised. Modern Warfare remastered from a couple of years ago was also a PS4 exclusive at launch. It took a month to come to Xbox.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Fuckin Coronavirus is killing people and these fuckers at Sony and Activision still make sure they stop other people from having a good time. The fuckin timed exclusive shit has to stop in this industry, either make something exclusive or get your fuckin hands out of the pie.

So annoying, my brother whose PS4 died a few days ago with BLOD has been using my spare xbox one and is a diehard COD/PS fan who now cannot play

As you said, Coronavirus is killing people, world economies are being devastated, but my heart truly weeps for your brothers inability to play a remake of a Call of Duty game. That's the real tragedy.