• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Knightsoftheround

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 7, 2020
It's an issue because it sucks for the player base at large

That's not Sonys problem though and they want you to buy a PS4 and they are trying to give you reasons to.

I genuinely don't see the issue. All I see is a lot of people saying 'fuck Sony' but no legitimate reasons why.

I own both conses so I have no brand loyalty here

Andalusia

Alt Account
Sep 26, 2019
It's a 1 month exclusivity deal. Relax. Considering people didn't even know this game existed a few days ago it's incredible that they are this pissed about not being able to play it instantly. Again, it's a single month.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
People mad at Sony... If Sony didn't buy exclusivity then Activision would have just sold it to Microsoft instead.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
People are craving content during this lockdown. Numerous content producers are accelerating releases to get their products out now instead of a later planned date. But here... non-PS4 owners are being shafted.

It's shit.

So just to clarify, you believe Sony should have said to Activision, "Hey, you guys can cancel our deal and put this on Xbox the same day because coronavirus."

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sony be like
giphy.gif

Any impressions?

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User Warned: Port Begging
I understand mainline cod not launching on switch, but a remaster of the campaign only would be, like they say, perfect for switch. Well, seems like the problem is not really the online requirements or the machine power.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
Here is what Sony got from Activision for COD.

MW Spec Ops survival still exclusive to PS4 until Oct 1 2020
BO3 exclusive PS4 Maps (4 maps) indefinitely
MWR PS4 Pro Patch but no One X despite IW getting a patch on both
MW2 CR exclusive 30 days

I also believe MWR Campaign was also a timed exclusive too.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That's not Sonys problem though and they want you to buy a PS4 and they are trying to give you reasons to.

I genuinely don't see the issue. All I see is a lot of people saying 'fuck Sony' but no legitimate reasons why.

I own both conses so I have no brand loyalty here
I don't see how no one has a legitimate reason when it's Sony and Activision keeping them from playing the game. If Sony is all "not my problem" then yeah, fuck sony

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
I would get upset if it was exclusivity for a whole new game, but seeing that it's a remaster of an 11 year old campaign that's coming a month later to PC, my only thought was "meh".

Oct 27, 2017
While the exclusivity is fucked up. We should be upset that they aren't including MP when it's already completed and supposedly still in the game files.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
The fact MS started these practices last generation and now it's back to bite them in the ass.
No one deserves to wait for multiplatform content though.

OP
OP
Milennia

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
It's a 1 month exclusivity deal. Relax. Considering people didn't even know this game existed a few days ago it's incredible that they are this pissed about not being able to play it instantly. Again, it's a single month.
First - It wasn't immediately clear this was a 1 month delay, just that it was a later date until they dropped the press release, also a 1 month delay in this current time isn't any less bullshit, i'm sure if sony could cut ties on the deal they would at this point for this release, but I imagine the deal from MW just extended to this
Second - we've known about this re-release for more than a month

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
So what's the difference between this and my original version on PC? I'm guessing not just a resolution bump...

I just want them to add the MP maps to the current CODMW tbh. And add the rest of the COD4 maps too while you're at it.
There's def some graphical improvements - it seems to use a version of the engine Raven built for MWR - but yeah, it looks less impressive than MWR imo, and for a PC player with the original MW2 not really a great buy.

Ivanovic

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Dont really see the point of Sony getting exclusives this late in the gen when Sony have comprehensively destroyed Microsoft, and with ffvii and TLOU coming as well.

Oct 25, 2017
First - It wasn't immediately clear this was a 1 month delay, just that it was a later date until they dropped the press release, also a 1 month delay in this current time isn't any less bullshit
Second - we've known about this re-release for more than a month
It also sucks considering we have Control DLC, FF7, and MW2R all being time-gated and released within a month of each other.
Shit just sucks.

NeoKnight

Oct 28, 2017
This is just great. /s

Why would you sign a exclusivity deal on a remaster. Both Sony and Activision are horrible at this, and this needs to stop and not be rewarded. If I do get this MW2 remaster, it will definitely not be on a PS4 now so as to not reward Sony on this at least. But also don't wanna reward Activision for looking to do this timed exclusives crap anymore. Right now, this killed all my interest in this remaster now.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
Sony or Microsoft buy a developer so that their games never come out on other systems=wow what a purchase they're really not joking around

One month timed exclusive game mode=EAT SHIT WTF

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I know you know this isn't remotely the same thing.

Uh... And how is it not? The PC version of PSO2 has existed since 2012 and the PS4 version since 2016. The only reason it's not out yet anywhere is due to a deal. And if Microsoft did help them bring it over they could have helped make the translation far better considering it's quite poor with many issues and some of the worst voice acting around.

Not defending Sony for doing this, but saying Microsoft doesn't still do exclusive deals isn't the truth either.