• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
A Call of Duty: Mobile esports player named Ingrid "Sol" Oliveira Bueno da Silva has been murdered by a male gamer named Guilherme Alves "Flashlight" Costa in São Paulo, Brazil, according to esports consultant Rod "Slasher" Breslau.

As Breslau reported on Twitter, the two players met through the internet. An investigation into the attack has found that the murder was pre-meditated "weeks beforehand," with Flashlight supposedly recording and sharing it with friends. Messages from Flashlight indicated he planned additional attacks, but he has since been arrested and confessed, according to EPSN.

Sol was a victim of femicide. A 2018 Guardian report noted that four Brazilian women were killed every day in 2019. Women make up a little more than half (50.85%) of Brazil's population. According to IPEA's Atlas of Violence 2020, roughly 4,519 women were killed in Brazil in 2018.

www.gamespot.com

CoD Mobile Esports Player Murdered By Male Gamer In Brazil

The attack was allegedly pre-mediated, dating back weeks before the attack took place.

Close if old.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Horrifying. Why is the femicide percentage so high in Brazil? What are the contributing factors to this?

MoosGoMoo

Banned
Jan 27, 2021
Other than her profession and them "meeting through the internet" why was the murderer identified as a "gamer"?

Unless something about her career which isn't in the article was the reason for the murder, it seems a bit odd to focus on the hobby.

ElNerdo

Oct 22, 2018
Holy shit, what the fuck? Condolences to her family.

Sick fuck needs to rot in jail.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What a sick individual, if his friends knew about it and didn't do anything they're trash too.

May she rest in peace

Tomo815

Banned
Jul 19, 2019
"This Monday afternoon, [Guilherme] sent a video on the organization's group on WhatsApp in which he supposedly had just killed a woman, filmed and shared the video," The GEO statement stated. "He also sent a PDF where he leaves messages of hatred against Christians and makes a nod to terrorism. After the clan leadership became aware of what happened, we organized ourselves and took necessary measures: We informed the appropriate authorities and asked all our members not to share the video of the alleged crime."

www.shacknews.com

Brazilian female Call of Duty Mobile pro killed by fellow player in premeditated murder

The body of FBI E-Sports player, Sol, was allegedly found in the home of fellow Call of Duty Mobile player Flashlight in what has been called femicide.

This is just gross. Wft.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw this thread...don't know what to say...

I did a quick search on google and found a blog of a girl that claims that the murderer sent her an email.

The guy was just another misogynist incel that frequented chan like forums. He doesn't say which one. He says some people on the forum "guided" him. I hope they all get arrested and burn in hell. One of the few times I'm happy our prison system is hell on earth. Dude is 18 so he is going to be judged as an adult.

As a father of 2 young girls I'm happy they don't really play games. The gaming community overall is pretty fucking toxic. There are exceptions obviously but I feel this is the rule.

As a Brazilian I'm just fucking ashamed of my country, of our government. Brazil is hell on earth for minorities, women and LGBT people.

I've been thinking about this for some time, but I will move away from here in a few years after I manage to set up everything at my job. Planning on moving to Portugal.

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
Absolutely appalling to read. My best thoughts and wishes for the victim's friends and family.

Surely there is a statistical error though. With a population of more than 200 million people there are roughly 4500 women killed each year in Brazil?

Blackie

Oct 25, 2017
Wherever
The amount of bullshit/violence women still have to put up with worldwide in this supposedly modern period of history is appalling. Glad the killer is caught, at least. Hope justice is done. RIP :(

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
This is sickening. Every notable woman involved in the gaming community has received a barrage of offenses and death threats, and time and again it's dismissed by men as "overreacting", because "it's just a joke." It's clear it's not. I can only remember that girl that lost a partnership with Microsoft because of the negative reaction from manbabies that couldn't accept a woman in a prominent role with the most popular platform holder in Brazil. So instead of giving her support, Microsoft fired her.

This has to end.

Are they able to prosecute them in Brazil? No idea what the laws in Brazil are like but it would seem if friends new and even saw video of it and did nothing they were accomplices.
Omission isn't a crime in itself in Brazil, but if his friends did watch the video of the crime being committed, they could receive criminal charges on the grounds of being accomplices. It will depend on the judge handling this, and the context in which the videos were shared.

udivision

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely appalling to read. My best thoughts and wishes for the victim's friends and family.

Surely there is a statistical error though. With a population of more than 200 million people there are roughly 4500 women killed each year in Brazil?
I don't really know much about these kind of stats, but are you saying that's too low/too high to be correct?

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I never like posting in these threads cause my word means so little, but I need to express just how disgusted I feel. Women shouldn't have to live in fear because guys are so damn fragile

Like I'm just imaging if this was my child or siblings, I'd be beside myself in rage that couldn't even be described with words.

I've been thinking about this for some time, but I will move away from here in a few years after I manage to set up everything at my job. Planning on moving to Portugal.

Good luck, hopefully it goes well.

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Its fucked up how many teenagers have become radicalized over the internet, by incels or white supremacists or whatever. This is why we need to hold game companies accountable for allowing sexism and racism and bigotry to fester on their platforms and communities. No level of harassment and hate can be tolerated.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Fucking hell.

Just absolutely nuts.

So from what I gather there was no real connection between them or anything? The killer just kinda found her over the net and then planned and executed a murder?

krg

Oct 27, 2017
this fucking sucks, it was on the news today...just rot in hell.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Dec 3, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Gods, this just broke my heart in a thousand pieces, I hadn't seen it anywhere yet. Another woman's life taken by some scum of the earth without rhyme or reason, a family's life destroyed forever.

I can only hope her loved ones find comfort some way, and this waste of biological matter gets decades in jail.

I'm so fucking tired of living in this country, Jesus Christ. Every day I wake up to feel defeated by the news and the prospect of living in a nation that is hostile to its citizens at every step of the grueling way. So tired.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As a Brazilian I'm just fucking ashamed of my country, of our government. Brazil is hell on earth for minorities, women and LGBT people.

Back to the motherland i see.

I envy you.