• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
May 25, 2019
London
I've wanted to play this campaign forever but they never discount the game enough when it's on sale for me to just jump in for a short campaign

Oct 27, 2017
FWIW, I got the game from Eneba but when I tried to activate the Steam Key I got this message...

"Duplicate Product Code

The product code you've entered has already been activated by a different Steam account."

...so be prepared that this might happen. Put in a support ticket, hopefully it gets resolved.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
It's a better Mass Effect game than Andromeda :D really good, too bad it got a bad rap at launch due to "reasons" ?

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
Well op, your post convinced me to get a used copy of the game to play the campaign. It's been since MW2 since I haven't bought a Call of Duty game. Now, I'm wondering if I should also bite for Advanced Warfare too or if this one is passable.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
Btw, has YOLO mode (permadeath) appeared in any new COD since then? LINK

"Helmets are your only protection from headshots. They take permanent damage and need to be replaced. And if you get shot in the legs, your movement is impacted. If you get shot in either arm, your ability to use equipment or aim down sights is impacted. Oh yeah, and your weapon can be shot out of your arm."

Oct 29, 2017
It is wonderful yes - I remember it being basically the remake of Battlestar Galactica, which was very appealing.

Have to do another playthrough now.

Oct 30, 2017
i didn't like it as much as titanfall 2 but that's a heck of a high bar. it really was great, and i say that as someone who's bounced off every other CoD campaign i've ever attempted to get into. just a really fun blend of great writing and level design, plus it helped that the setting was less of a turnoff than the usual jingoistic "real-world" crap

gr8kamon

Oct 30, 2017
Just got done playing this a ocuple months ago and it is amazing. I knew it was gonna be great, but I was really impressed with everything.

Geido

Oct 30, 2017
I've wanted to play this campaign forever but they never discount the game enough when it's on sale for me to just jump in for a short campaign

Have you checked physical editions? I picked up that for 8 euro's during a Black Friday sale last year while the digital version was still going for full price.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I wish I would have played this so bad but I bought into hate and skipped it. Always regretted it. Even the multiplayer looks fun af.

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I would have played this so bad but I bought into hate and skipped it. Always regretted it. Even the multiplayer looks fun af.
MP really wasn't good imo,
It was a copy paste of BO3 but really felt like they didn't understand why that actually worked.
Though it definitely runs better than later games.

Campaign was perfection though,
Sad we will never get a sequel because there was so much they could do with it.

Even if they were somehow allowed to the creative directors left IW earlier this year
(Fyi they were the Naughty Dog guys)
Though they should let Brian Bloom write on most CODs.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Its seriously up there in best fps this gen with Titanfall 2 and the Wolfenstein games.

Its super fun, corny, beautifull for any scifi fans. The vistas are insane :

maxresdefault.jpg

loved the electric (?) guns, the ones dealing bonus dmg to bots, they felt like future retrofit of contemporary designs

Nov 11, 2020
The one reason I hate Call of Duty nowadays, is that it doesn't let me play how I like to play (slow, stealthy). However, I genuinely forgot about this one. Does anyone know if it was given as part of Playstation Plus (not near my console, quick google search didn't yield any definitive answer)?

Hidden One

Oct 26, 2017
❔❔❔
Both Infinite and Advanced Warfare had great campaigns. IW was my favorite campaign from the PS4, Xbone era. Wouldn't be surprised if we eventually get a sequel to IW in the future because we all know COD is gonna go futuristic again to stay fresh. Infinity Ward is going to definitely release Modern Warfare 2 In 2022 and it's said that 3arcs next game is going to be semi futuristic like Black Ops 2 in 2023. In 2025 we may get an Infinite Warfare sequel.

Call me weird but I actually enjoyed Infinite Warfare's campaign more than Titanfall 2's campaign.

Also I liked Kit Harrington as Salen Kotch, he comes off as cheesy, over-exaggerated but that was the point as the SDF is basically a Space North Korea (especially doing "creative" stuff like rejigging mining robots to fight in military combat).
Both Infinite and Advanced Warfare had great campaigns. IW was my favorite campaign from the PS4, Xbone era. Wouldn't be surprised if we eventually get a sequel to IW in the future because we all know COD is gonna go futuristic again to stay fresh. Infinity Ward is going to definitely release Modern Warfare 2 In 2022 and it's said that 3arcs next game is going to be semi futuristic like Black Ops 2 in 2023. In 2025 we may get an Infinite Warfare sequel.
Dobut it, I think we'll see a MW III in 2025. Unless MW II wraps up the current storyline.

Oct 26, 2017
Level design isn't all that interesting most of the time, but the story, character, and atmosphere are all top notch for CoD. Such a far out plot line with surprisingly grounded, mature characters. I want them to return to this universe for a single player spin off.

FrsDvl

Oct 25, 2017
I bought this ages ago on a sale but never bothered with it. Just started it after reading through this thread.

Hoping someone has some advice on PC, the textures are so bad.. is there anything I can do about that? I read turning off shadow caching would help, but that does nothing. Everything else is maxed out. It looks pretty gross.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Thread got me to pick this up, $13 on Amazon. Had to double check that it had a One X patch, Otherwise would have got it on ps4

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
Just bought it for $13.99 on Amazon… strange that I couldn't order it on PSN. Just hope it's PS5 compatible.

Heard nothing but good things about it, been meaning to buy it for years.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
The only one I've played is BO3 (split screen coop with my gf) thanks to it being free with the PS+ Collection and we both thought the campaign was pretty crap. Is that a general consensus for that one?

Gibbs

Oct 25, 2017
West Virginia
Infinite Warfares campaign was fantastic. The space battles were fantastic and I loved Ethan. I feel the game gets shit on and doesn't get the praise it deserves.

Gamers complain every COD is the same, IW did something different and gamers continued to complain.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
I have been meaning to play this for some time since seeing ACG's review, but the Steam and other reviews kept me away. But upon reading them, I realized that they were just dumping on the Multiplayer, and I have no interest in that.

I fully intend to play this the second I can buy it at an affordable price.

OP
OP
Zephy

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually picking it up today after reading the thread!

Glad to hear that ! Enjoy :)

I bought this ages ago on a sale but never bothered with it. Just started it after reading through this thread.

Hoping someone has some advice on PC, the textures are so bad.. is there anything I can do about that? I read turning off shadow caching would help, but that does nothing. Everything else is maxed out. It looks pretty gross.

Strange, textures look great on mine. Did you google your issue ?

Just bought it for $13.99 on Amazon… strange that I couldn't order it on PSN. Just hope it's PS5 compatible.

Heard nothing but good things about it, been meaning to buy it for years.

Someone in this thread said it didn't work on PS5 but I don't think anyone else confirmed it.

Last edited:

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
The only one I've played is BO3 (split screen coop with my gf) thanks to it being free with the PS+ Collection and we both thought the campaign was pretty crap. Is that a general consensus for that one?

BO3's campaign is the absolute worst. So much so that they didn't bother to make one for BO4. If you thought it was 'pretty crap', you're one of its bigger fans.

Nov 8, 2017
BO3's campaign is the absolute worst. So much so that they didn't bother to make one for BO4. If you thought it was 'pretty crap', you're one of its bigger fans.

Note they did try to make a Campaign for BO4, but it was having an extremely troubled development, so once it became clear it wasn't going to be in a good shape for launch, it was scrapped to reallocate those resources to help with the other modes.

sagi

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 6, 2021
My absolute fav CoD campaign. Its a shame we never got a sequel (meanwhile 10 years later squadron 42 is still not done)

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
I bought this game a while back and just never got around to it. Will probably give it a show. Also PSN it's cheaper to just buy the bundle with Modern Warfare remastered included.

Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare

One of the Best Call of Duty games in years - GamesBeat Multiplayer offers massive customization - GameInformer An exceptional single-player experience - Polygon Includes the Terminal Bonus Map and Zombies in Spaceland Pack, contains a weapon camo, calling card, and a Fate and Fortune Card...

Waters

Mar 17, 2018
Glad to hear that ! Enjoy :)

Strange, textures look great on mine. Did you google your issue ?

Someone in this thread said it didn't work on PS5 but I don't think anyone else confirmed it.

Yes it works fine on ps5 despite it giving a message that there could be issues

Just needing a zombie trophy for the plat

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, BO3 campaign was miserable even by just BO standards. Really didn't reflect anything that had come before that (in BO campaigns) or what CW was. I have a few holes in my COD campaign playthroughs, but BO3 might possibly be my literal least favorite.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Greating fucking game. One of the best FPS campaigns of last gen and criminally underrated due to the hate the overall game got.