• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
God of War got none of this ridicule? Why.

This is such a small thing. And Schreier acting like this is "Ha video games" when Literature and Film have been doing this since the dawn of their mediums just goes to show he's whining to whine about everything.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hopeful for this one. Infinite Warfare has a good campaign, and IW has since hired some great high level talent from Respawn including the original map designers for MW1/MW2. The talent is there and I'd love to see them rekindle what was great about the old IW days.

Thx for reminding that we'll probably never get Infinite Warfare 2. Loved that campaign so much.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hoping they do something with the character movement system if it's really a new engine. Character movement in Battlefield feels leagues better than CoD, and that wasn't always the case.

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
Against all reason I was still holding out for Infinite Warfare 2

ContentMeanGoosefish-size_restricted.gif

Infinite Warfare was the best CoD campaign has been since MW1-2 and one could argue it's even better than those based on personal preference.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
But this is a reboot specifically of the Modern Warfare timeline. So I don't see why it doesn't make sense that the same naming conventions would apply.
Modern Warfare is its own series just like Black Ops is its own thing. For the longest time MW2 didn't even have Call of duty in title. Call of Duty is just the overarching brand.
This proves how confusing it is, rebooting a side series of a main series + include the same name.

The series had it's share of horrible named games (remember Black Ops IIII)

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
This proves how confusing it is, rebooting a side series of a main series + include the same name.

The series had it's share of horrible named games (remember Black Ops IIII)
Not really confusing cause the last MW game was 8 years ago. Funny thing is that the last God of War game before 2018 was in 2013 and no one on earth is confused. Stop finding shit to complain where there's none.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
Not really confusing cause the last MW game was 8 years ago. Funny thing is that the last God of War game before 2018 was in 2013 and no one on earth is confused. Stop finding shit to complain where there's none.
MW Remastered was released 3 years ago, naming a new reboot in 2019 just "MW" is confusing.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
https://twitter.com/LongSensationYT/status/1132035451081113601

"- A lot is changing this year and for the better for CoD and its community"

Free DLC packs maybe?
I hope so. I feel dirty every time I play BO4 due to all the microtransactions they shove in my face despite already spending $100 for the game and season pass. If the non-cosmetic DLC were free, that wouldn't make me feel quite as bad, though I'm sure they'll continue the shitty trend of hiding new weapons behind a paywall regardless of what route they choose.

Feb 24, 2018
I've never liked calling a sequel or a prequel either just the original's title or a shortened down version of it (Remakes are fine), it makes talking about them confusing, google searches become more annoying and their not creative titles (not saying going fully in the opposite direction is good either isn't that right Dirty Harry and Kingdom Hearts series) like A few that I remember instantly being bad for this is The Thing prequel also called The Thing, Fast and Furious and the recent Halloween. Even God of War I wish had some better indicator which is why I call it Dad of Boy.

But yeah this one is especially silly because the original was already the 4 in the series of Cod and now the 4 entry in the sub series is now also called Modern Warfare.

All because studios and companies get embarrassed by long numbers besides the Final Fantasy team

Also I don't get why people are being called whiny here? I've only read the first 3 pages and it more seems like laughs and chuckles then whiny, the only whine I'm seeing is from the Stop Having Fun people.

Oct 27, 2017
https://twitter.com/LongSensationYT/status/1132035451081113601

"- A lot is changing this year and for the better for CoD and its community"

Free DLC packs maybe?
They not gonna tackle the real modern day terrorism so I don't know why this was said.
Campaign was really good but that multiplayer was straight up hot garbage
I think the multiplayer was the way is was because Activision had no trust in infinity ward so they made them use blops 3 as a base. Which makes sense from a business standpoint but infinity ward made better feeling cods.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
MW Remastered was released 3 years ago, naming a new reboot in 2019 just "MW" is confusing.

See, that's a good example of people just trying to make this out to be far more complicated than it really is. If someone asks you that question you can reply in two ways that makes it crystal clear which one you're playing. "I'm playing the Remastered version of the original" or "I'm playing the reboot". There should be no confusion.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is this really that big of a deal? Movies do this shit all the time. Hell, video games do this all the time. How much did God of War sell?

If anything, this is pretty smart of them considering how highly regarded Modern Warfare is.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
See, that's a good example of people just trying to make this out to be far more complicated than it really is. If someone asks you that question you can reply in two ways that makes it crystal clear which one you're playing. "I'm playing the Remastered version of the original" or "I'm playing the reboot". There should be no confusion.
Overall It's no big deal but they could've easily chosen a better name.

Last edited:

haej

Apr 1, 2019
I did not know that my strategy from Game Dev Tycoon would work irl.

Your company is failing for a longer time? Duh, release next game with the same title.

farcrysam

Prophet of Regret
Nov 1, 2017
Thank you

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping they do something with the character movement system if it's really a new engine. Character movement in Battlefield feels leagues better than CoD, and that wasn't always the case.
I'm hoping for this as well. BLOPS 4 generally feels good for what it's going for, but Blackout feels off compared to the athleticism of the soldiers in BFV, and especially the physics of Apex. One poster on the first page implied that this game might be moving in a more 'realistic' direction, I'd like to see that mean a manual lean system for holding down angles, ala R6

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping for this as well. BLOPS 4 generally feels good for what it's going for, but Blackout feels off compared to the athleticism of the soldiers in BFV, and especially the physics of Apex. One poster on the first page implied that this game might be moving in a more 'realistic' direction, I'd like to see that mean a manual lean system for holding down angles, ala R6

Angles, lol.

It's all about just finding a head glitch spot and camping there.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Why did people hate Scifi COD? Loved Infinite Warfare and all this modern thing is so boring

I think people got frustrated because Activision has three teams for the series and for whatever reason all three teams went for futuristic settings. You had Advanced Warfare in 2014, then BO3 in 2015 and finally IW in 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.