• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Who cares about the subtitle. After a month, it's just called "the new cod" anyway :)

Last edited:

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
I tried to find an issue with the name, and ended up finding Zero(0)... None.

At least we can expect a campaign mode this time.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully its really set in 2019/2020 and we dont have the lootbox weapons. Not sure if COD still does that but the MW remake did and I noped out of there once it started happening and ruined the game.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Tomb Raider release date: October 1996
Tomb Raider release date: March 2013

Doom release date: December 1993
Doom release date: May 2016

Prey release date: July 2006
Prey release date: May 2017

Yeah, not a huge fan of this reusing game titles trend.

Yeah its really dumb

Imagine being in a creative industry and being this bland on purpose

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
btw i really want an infinite warfare 2, that one was the best campaign i've played of COD in a long time

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The difference between MW - MW and the other examples (GOW, Doom, Prey) is that Modern Warfare is itself a subtitle.

This isn't releasing a new game called "call of duty" -- this is like releasing another game called Doom: Hell On Earth. Or God Of War: Ascension. Not a big deal but 500% sillier.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, a game with the same title after 12 years is not that shocking. You can't top Worms in naming conventions. We had Worms in 1995, Worms 2 in 1997 and Worms Armageddon in 1999. So in 2007 we got a name called Worms, and in 2009 one called... Worms 2: Armageddon. Yeah.

But a soft reboot for Modern Warfare makes sense. Story got slightly convoluted and it's hard to add more to that. Start with a clean slate, so you can bring back dead characters and not demand people to remember 3 games' storylines and events.

CalamityPixel

Oct 27, 2017
Well this is awkard
81MGnplpERL._SL1500_.jpg

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The difference between MW - MW and the other examples (GOW, Doom, Prey) is that Modern Warfare is itself a subtitle.

This isn't releasing a new game called "call of duty" -- this is like releasing another game called Doom: Hell On Earth. Or God Of War: Ascension. Not a big deal but 500% sillier.

As I pointed out in another post, there's worse: Worms (1995), Worms 2 (1997), Worms Armageddon (1999), Worms (2007), Worms 2: Armageddon (2009).

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
btw i really want an infinite warfare 2, that one was the best campaign i've played of COD in a long time

All we can hope is that depending if this is set sometime after MW3 (assuming it's not some prequel), they begin to set the seeds of technology and events that would lead into IW.

Oct 25, 2017
Infinity Ward really had a hard time this generation, huh.

They made 2 unique subseries of COD (ghosts and IW), and instead of continuing either of those they just said fuck it and are soft rebooting the subseries that made them famous.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
New engine, remove OP killstreak bullshit, remove player visibility on the radar and i might be interested.

Also make it a bit more slow-paced and increase TTK substantially. Also add recoil.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
wasn't there a thread implying that the next xbox is gonna be called xbox

Nec

The Fallen
Mar 12, 2019
Imagine some dads or moms going to buy the game in gamestop for PS4, and in their minds MW Remastered is better because is a remaster and it's cheaper.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
I guess Activision think it's been too long between 3 and 4, so just reboot it.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
It's true. Game is a reboot of the Modern Warfare series, not a follow-up to MW3.

Press and influencers played it this week. It sounds pretty freaking good from what I've heard. New engine and new takes on classic Call of Duty, more realistic. I'm hesitant to say more because they'll show it soon and I don't want to ruin anything, but Call of Duty fans should be excited about what's coming, specially those who feel the franchise has ran a little stagnant.
I feel a clean break is probably for the best. It gets held back when they're forced to tie them into previous entries.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Is there expected to be a new engine in 2019 or 2020? I'm a fan of the modern warfare setting, and I always called the original CoD4.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Some of you are writing this off so fast just from a name lol. From what I've heard, it sounds quite good, some neat changes to the formula, things returning. Let's just wait and see.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly. Make it indistinguishable from earlier entries. It's a ''Soft reboot'' after all, so why not go all the way.

Worked wonders for something like GoW.

Soft reboot is terms of story.

Also that would be a great way to alienate your fanbase to appease those who couldn't give a shit about the series.

Citywok

Nov 10, 2017
MW3 was garbage. The Respawn devs who went back probably didn't want to continue that abomination.

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah its really dumb

Imagine being in a creative industry and being this bland on purpose
I like it. It serves a purpose. It makes it clear to everyone that it's a full reboot. It works.

But in this case this is just stupid, especially since Modern Warfare Remastered only came out recently. They should have called it Call of Duty.

Deleted member 47076

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 25, 2018
It's funny... I had a golden cross in CoD4 and also played a lot of MW2 and 3. No hype whatsoever for this because I am eternally burnt out on CoD.

Should be called Call of Duty 16: Modern Warfare 4.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Ah yes, the quintessential "Yearly series is steadily dropping in sales every year" move, go back to the game that began the craze in the first place.

Anybody else having Goldeneye: Rogue Agent flashbacks?

Oct 25, 2017
Some of you are writing this off so fast just from a name lol. From what I've heard, it sounds quite good, some neat changes to the formula, things returning. Let's just wait and see.

Not writing it off (tbh, not really a fan of the MW subseries in general. I prefer Blops and I liked Advanced Warfare)

But the name is still pretty funny considering they put out MW:Remastered this year

Oct 27, 2017
If the TTK is like BLOPS4 then I'll be happy. If it is shorter, then idk. I'm still hyped about it and can't wait to hear more

Status
Not open for further replies.