• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StefanShepard

Feb 9, 2018
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

And I thought Microsoft was confusing with their naming of their new Xbox variants.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Yes, and it was aptly named "Remastered", meaning an older game that was brought up to date. This isn't that confusing, y'all, and hardly "hilarious". It makes total sense if it's truly a reboot.
You're saying no consumer will be confused by "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare" versus "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered"?

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Yeah bet they're kicking themselves for not naming the remake Modern Warfare 4 Remastered. Or they just don't give a shit. That's actually more likely.

Vintage

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
It's actually not a bad title - if they called it Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4, people would confuse it with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare even more.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
The name has taking over the conversation, sadly, specially because it's not a big deal.

THE BIG DEAL IS THAT THE KING IS BACK. Fuck jetpacks, fuck WW1/2. This is what I needed.

Brutalitops

Dec 6, 2017
Even more amazing considering the COD4 remaster already dropped the 4 from the title

So now the PS4 has:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered (2016)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

Bravo Bobby

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Would it be crazy to say that this reboot is going to feature ghost lol

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You're saying no consumer will be confused by "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare" versus "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered"?

Considering one will be marketed to hell and back in the next several months and the other released three years ago by the time this one launches? I think confusion will be quite minimal.

Oct 27, 2017
It's actually not a bad title - if they called it Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4, people would confuse it with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare even more.

This may be the best explanation, even if both names are far from ideal. It's still stupid as hell this situation can even occur though.

But I can't muster up any excitement for CoD anymore. Even if this is the return to form I waited for since Ghosts, Activision will inevitably ruin it with lootboxes, season passes and guns and camos that look like pink dildos.

This right here should have been the name.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Watch it , it will have Modern Warfare 2 remaster as pre order bonus which makes everything even more funny

GalvoAg

Oct 30, 2017
Dallas
I'm fine with it as long as it's a new engine. Honestly might be the first one I pick up after Ghost burned me, COD needed a reboot.

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God of War release date: March 2005
God of War release date: April 2018

COD MW release Date: November 2007
COD MW release date: November 2019
Tomb Raider release date: October 1996
Tomb Raider release date: March 2013

Doom release date: December 1993
Doom release date: May 2016

Prey release date: July 2006
Prey release date: May 2017

Yeah, not a huge fan of this reusing game titles trend.

Oct 25, 2017
Was MW3 actually a bad game?

I remember thats when the "COD sucks" opinion on the internet got really strong due to Zampella leaving + Battlefield 3 coming out along side MW3

freakybj

Oct 26, 2017
Can anybody explain the story behind Call of Duty since CoD4: MW? It seems to be all over the place.

If they are truly doing something new it would make since to call it something new to usher in a new era of CoD. The choice in name foreshadows that it'll just be more of the same:
  • 6 hr uninspiring campaign
  • Same multiplayer modes that have been in the game for years
  • Aggressive monetization

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can anybody explain the story behind Call of Duty since CoD4: MW? It seems to be all over the place.

If they are truly doing something new it would make since to call it something new to usher in a new era of CoD. The choice in name foreshadows that it'll just be more of the same:
  • 6 hr uninspiring campaign
  • Same multiplayer modes that have been in the game for years
  • Aggressive monetization
Mmm, I wouldn't say uninspiring campaign after IW did Infinite Warfare, which was actually quite a good campaign. Definitely interested to see if this one lives up to that.

Nov 1, 2017
If the title is the most lazy, unimaginatively flaccid thing they could come up with then it doesn't bode well for the actual game itself. Dear videogame industry: You have an infinite amount of words in this incredible language that has been created and evolved over the millennia to choose from so please stop using the same fucking titles as a previous game in the series!

Status
Not open for further replies.