• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyonashi

Oct 24, 2017
UK
They recently changed the formula in the UK and moved to this packaging - not quite as good as the original in my opinion but nowhere near as awful as Diet Coke or god forbid, Pepsi Max.

105-Shake

Aug 13, 2020
As someone who hasn't tasted the 'real' coke in years, I really liked how coke zero tasted. I hope they didn't change it up too much

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Hope its good. Loved Coke hated Pepsi but Coke Zero was so shit I went for Pepsi Max.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
the reformulation from zero to zero sugar was such a revelation that it made regular completely pointless, so hopefully they don't fuck this up

if it does.... well dr pepper introduced their own zero sugar and it actually beats diet dr pepper which is no mean feat, so the backup is there if need be

Lexad

Nov 4, 2017
I am all on board as it is for the cole zero sugar and cherry version. I am not sure how they can get it closer.

Anton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's been available in Europe for a bit now, it just tastes a bit sweeter I guess? Slightly more like original sugar Coke if I had to say but I don't think it's that big of a change either

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully closer to regular Coke. I keep switching between Zero and Diet depending on how recent I've had the other.

Maximus2560

Banned
Sep 28, 2020
Tried it already....it's even better and comes sooooo close to the original coke taste. The only thing that stops it is the after after taste and when it's not that cold anymore there is some difference in taste.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dunno about the taste, but the old can looked better...

The new can is too plain / has too much of the same color... It's like the Superman costumes that don't have the underpants...

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I never tried Coke Zero, does it taste like normal Coke or different? I stopped drinking soda entirely two years ago but I am kinda curious how Zero tastes. I remember that Coke Light tasted like shit when I tried it once.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Please don't fuck it up. Coke Zero is basically the only soda I drink if I have to drink one.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I never tried Coke Zero, does it taste like normal Coke or different? I stopped drinking soda entirely two years ago but I am kinda curious how Zero tastes. I remember that Coke Light tasted like shit when I tried it once.

It's closer to regular coke than any diet soda is to its regular version.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The second iteration was an improvement over the first, so hopefully they only improve it again.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Diet Coke/Coke Light has basically nothing to do with Coke (other than New Coke, which was sweetened Diet Coke)

Coke Zero tries to taste like classic Coke, but IMO tastes better

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
This is probably them trying to get some of the hype Dr Pepper Zero Sugar is getting. (Infinitely better than Diet Dr Pepper, to me. And Dr Pepper Cream Soda Zero Sugar is pretty great as well)

SxP

Oct 27, 2017
I might try it again with this new formula. The old one had a disgusting aftertaste and it tasted like what I imagine chemical waste would taste like. Awful, awful stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
I might try it again with this new formula. The old one had a disgusting aftertaste and it tasted like what I imagine chemical waste would taste like. Awful, awful stuff.

I'm with ya. I'm one of those freaks who likes Diet Coke for the taste of Diet Coke, and I wanted to like Coke Zero but that aftertaste is like cinnamon made from the stuff under your sink.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of looks like they're trying to get the can to resemble "regular" Coke. I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually phase out the non-zero variant without ever telling anyone.