• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"The doctors say I may nev"-
"Quiet!"

If you don't love that, you don't love Cobra Kai.

JackDT

Oct 27, 2017
The show is obviously going to end like Rocky III. Johnny will convince Daniel to fight one last time with no judges, coaches or audience. They'll circle each other and both go to strike at the same time, with a freeze frame just before the moment of impact to send it out.

Didn't they already literally joke to each other (as in the characters referenced it explicitly) about the Rocky III scene in season one and they were getting ready to spar exactly like that, after they went out drinking and reminiscing in season one? And then Johnny saw his son at Daniel's and it got interrupted. Or am I misremembering?

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
when Chozen or Amanda walks in

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Tamilyn looking good. Chozen one not so much lol If you missed the Game Awards a dumb little skit they did while presenting best fighting game heh

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
YES
YES
YESSSSSSSSS

Looks amazing. I thought they were going to play the whole "Johnny tries to stay away" way longer than it seemed in the trailer.

And lol, the bully from the first season is back. I guess to show Hawk how far he has sunk.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Chozen is going to kick Daniel´s ass!

My theory is that there is a tense moment when they meet up, but we learn that Chozen has changed his ways, and he and Daniel actually train together (Chozen showing him a thing or two in the process). I have absolutely zero evidence to support that theory, though, other than the fact that:

they're both wearing gi's in the trailer. That's it. Pretty flimsy.

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
My theory is that there is a tense moment when they meet up, but we learn that Chozen has changed his ways, and he and Daniel actually train together (Chozen showing him a thing or two in the process). I have absolutely zero evidence to support that theory, though, other than the fact that:

they're both wearing gi's in the trailer. That's it. Pretty flimsy.

I think pretty much everybody but Creese has grown out of their bullshit and is at a point where they'd be happy to clear things up and move on. Chozen specifically has a lot of insight into Miyagi's past from his time spent with Sato, and after KK 2 he probably realized the path he was heading down was the wrong one.

Now the question is, where is the redemption arc for Terry Silver and Mike Barnes?

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I figure this is the best thread for it, but reviews dropped:

tldr - more of the same Cobra Kai you love, generally better than S2 but not as solid as S1, Gianni Dacenzo really ups his acting game, Kreese backstory, season gets better as it goes along, Johnny and Miguel stuff is still the best

also the Rolling Stone review is ridiculously spoiler filled if you care about that

tv.avclub.com

Cobra Kai season 3 kicks back into the series' broad, dumb fun

Whenever Cobra Kai gets back to basics, focusing on the dynamics and interplay between its leads, it once again sparkles as the scruffy, off-kilter and minor cringe comedy it began life as.
www.polygon.com

Cobra Kai season 3 is a comeback worthy of the Karate Kid

Johnny, Sam, Miguel, Kreese — even Hawk and Demitri — are better in this act of the karate soap opera
ew.com

'Cobra Kai' review: A meandering third season builds to an awesomely emotional finale

Netflix's silly-smart 'Karate Kid' reboot gets a lot better when everyone agrees to do karate again.
io9.gizmodo.com

Cobra Kai Season 3: Focused, Emotional, and Nostalgic in the Best Way

Season 3 of the Netflix show based on The Karate Kid once again builds on the relationships and characters we know and love from the previous seasons, as well as the movies, but this year it’s much more focused, raising the stakes for everyone involved.
www.cbr.com

REVIEW: Cobra Kai Season 3 Goes Deeper and Darker

Cobra Kai Season 3 weaves in more surprise elements from The Karate Kid universe while getting deeper and more personal with its characters.
www.rollingstone.com

'Cobra Kai' Season 3: Third Time Is No Charm for 'Karate Kid' Reunion Franchise

Season Three of 'Cobra Kai,' the 'Karate Kid' reunion series, shows no mercy with absurd plot twists and villainy. Alan Sepinwall's review

Last edited:

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm more excited for this than most other live action shows. Stranger Things included.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Not gonna lie, that fact that they just dumped an original black woman character from the show rubs me the wrong way.