• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Tory started a school fight just cuz a girl kissed her BF and even tried to maim her. What issues does she have?

Fendajaz

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Daniel takes so many L's in season two, it's hilarious. Overall, I thought season two was a great follow up. Stingray was the worst part about it though. I like how they used him to throw in more 80s references, but his character is just a shit clone of hawk.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I love this show so much, the fighting, the drama, sensei lawrence, kreese, larusso!

all of it, probably my favorite new show in years.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Daniel takes so many L's in season two, it's hilarious. Overall, I thought season two was a great follow up. Stingray was the worst part about it though. I like how they used him to throw in more 80s references, but his character is just a shit clone of hawk.
you're right, but I did enjoy the small payoff where he beat miguel and kreese called him stingray lol

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering why Daniel taking so much L.
Then I realized the show is called Cobra Kai.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
man maybe it's just because of my tastes when i was younger, but i would've killed to have a girl like her in high school

but like...maybe tone down the Satsui no Hado from an 11 to a 6 or 7

Lmao, I see where you're coming from. I liked her character up until the last episode (Also all the other female characters in the show are kinda boring), at that point she was just straight up wildin, like jfc how she not in jail

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
Tory is a one dimensional bad guy around Sam, and a one dimensional love interest around Miguel, and you'd think those things would create a more dimensional character but instead it just feels like she's playing 2 different generic people cause those 2 sides don't blend together at all. It's always one or the other.

Oct 26, 2017
Let's get Daniel and Johnny together for next season. Hopefully they choose to grow up so they can actually help these kids and not pit them against one another anymore than they have. I think that's where Kreese (and maybe Terry Silver) come along, to serve as a juxtaposition.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Honestly, my guess is that they don't even get rid of Kreese's Cobra Kai in season 3. I have a feeling they may do that in a hypothetical season 4.

Nightz

Oct 25, 2017
Finished S2 over the weekend. Show is so good.

Also, I blame it for getting Cruel Summer stuck in my head.

Apr 24, 2018
There were some scenes where Martin Kove (John Kreese) terrified me...just like he did in the original trilogy, as a kid. Other times his voice sounded more feeble, but he still has a legitimate presence for some of his "darker" scenes, imho.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
i wasnt sure at first but yeah, season 2 ended up being pretty good albeit fucking ridiculous at the end (in an entertaining way).

I hate waiting for shit lol.

OP
OP
Vestal

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
There were some scenes where Martin Kove (John Kreese) terrified me...just like he did in the original trilogy, as a kid. Other times his voice sounded more feeble, but he still has a legitimate presence for some of his "darker" scenes, imho.

The casting in the first Karate Kid was fucking BRILLIANT AND PERFECT and it shows in spades here. Even 40 years removed from the originals, all of these actors still fill their role in this to a T.

Martin Kove is a fucking treasure in this role, and I can't imagine anyone else in the world pulling a John Kreese like he does.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
The casting in the first Karate Kid was fucking BRILLIANT AND PERFECT and it shows in spades here. Even 40 years removed from the originals, all of these actors still fill their role in this to a T.

Martin Kove is a fucking treasure in this role, and I can't imagine anyone else in the world pulling a John Kreese like he does.
You should watch the rehearsal movie for TKK1. The mustachioed referee plays Kreese.
https://youtu.be/7aaB3geliNM?t=441

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
bought_a_cobra_kai_hat_at_spencers_got_this_cool
Bought a Cobra Kai hat at Spencer's and got this free Larusso Auto swag!
DMB00Mj.jpg

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why wouldnt she do it. Not like her career has been incredible since the 80s
"I'm thinking about it ... that's what I can say." = "I'm not allowed to say anything more than that."

Then her co-star asks "Have you been offered?" and she has an enthusiastic "Yes."

Basically, it's not a done deal, and her agent is currently negotiating, but she wants it. It will probably happen.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
"I'm thinking about it ... that's what I can say." = "I'm not allowed to say anything more than that."

Then her co-star asks "Have you been offered?" and she has an enthusiastic "Yes."

Basically, it's not a done deal, and her agent is currently negotiating, but she wants it. It will probably happen.

Pretty much this.

She can't confirm until negotiations would be complete, but just reading how she was acting in the interview it looks like she definitely wants to do it. And she has said in the past she always enjoyed playing Ali and would be open to returning to the role if it ever came around again (lo and behold), so I would be surprised if she didn't come on for season 3.

I do hope she becomes a main character though, not something like Tommy, Bobby and Jimmy for a one episode off-shoot.

kyorii

Oct 25, 2017
Splatlandia
Oh man, sounds like Ali is a lock. Not sure how I feel about this lol. I like how for the most part Johnny and Daniel have moved on from that finally.
Daniel has Amanda, Johnny with Miguels mom. I think I like the angle that she'd be the one to help fix up Miguel, but who knows.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
My jaw literally dropped at the scene Cruel Summer plays. I love this series so much.

Oct 25, 2017
The entire last episode was absolutely incredible. I kind of sat there with my mouth hanging own when it was over. I honestly think this may be my favorite show right now. Can't wait for S3. I hope the quality stays this high.

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I just finished the second season, HOLY SHIT. That's an all time great season finale, that had everything. I am constantly blown away by this show, it has no business being this good.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I think it's nuts all those kids did their own stunts during that one continuous shot. That's a lot of pressure.

Insane. The one take was so damn good! I love the melodrama, this feels like some family epic with dueling schools, forbidden romances, generations of hatred influencing the kids and it's all done with little tongue and cheek and covered in 80s flavor. It's so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.