• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I plan on playing this in VR soon. I don't know anyone who has it, so hopefully playing with random players will be easy and fun.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So question cause I thinking of getting this with friends, how is voice chat handled? Is it ruined if you're in a discord call?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I play mostly in Discord with my friends even though it's not the intended way. It may make the game easier, and reduce a bit of the chaos, but it by no means ruin the experience at all.

Alright, I was curious mainly because in VR for me it would be better to just use Discord voice chat to communicate when not in a lobby and so on.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So I picked this up after getting my VR to work.

Holy fuck. Even in just the tutorial I was completely unsettled the whole time and when the ghost showed up my heart rate jumped.

Only problem was that it never told me how to take out the journal in VR so I couldn't actually properly finish the tutorial. I pressed all the buttons but nada.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I picked this up after getting my VR to work.

Holy fuck. Even in just the tutorial I was completely unsettled the whole time and when the ghost showed up my heart rate jumped.

Only problem was that it never told me how to take out the journal in VR so I couldn't actually properly finish the tutorial. I pressed all the buttons but nada.
Use the grab button with your hand around your right breast.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Will try that next time I get on haha.

Also I'm unsure if my mic was working? I had my Sony Plat Headset which has worked for other games but the ghost didn't respond.
There's an option in the main menu where you can test to make sure it reads you properly.

The ghost doesn't always respond to the spirit box, depending on what kind it is.

Edit: Also, loving the memes of this game

g4gmp1lbauq51.jpg

Double Edit:
Demons do respond, it should be noted the Spirit box can be pretty buggy. I honestly find the best way to get results with it is just turn it on and toss it on the floor in the room, and hope people talking eventually triggers it.
Also remember the room lights have to be off.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I had one really good game with guys willing to show the ropes, but I had issues with my frame rate (it was fine in lobby and in solo but tanked in coop), and so I wanted to fix it. I couldn't find the lobby after fixing it and every other lobby I joined I either was kicked instantly or no one had mics... :/

deadkraken

Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing this for a week and half constantly with friends and with randoms and It's been an overall pretty positive experience for me. Even with the randoms we usually do get a decent match and I've made some new online buddies because of it. For an early access game it shows tons of promise and I can't wait to see where the dev goes (hoping for a fun Halloween update). I mean I'm level 104 with 51 hours playtime and it still gets me nervous when we start to get the haunting signs during an investigation.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Had my first two rounds of this game.

Was immediately unnerved with the sudden change in atmospheric sound when I walked in the house. Kept leaving the moment a light would flicker. Inevitably got locked inside with a friend and emotionally broke down, even though the ghost killed my friend instead. Another friend's sanity was way too low after several runs, so I was charged with going into the house to agitate the ghost for more proof. Got caught in the garage and once again emotionally shut down until it left. I came out of the garage in silence; my friends asked me to go into the bathroom to check for the proof. Got the fuck out and never went back in.

Same for the second round- nope'd out at the first sign of trouble, which was a whisper in my ear. Not long after that, another friend got caught inside. He asked another player to leave with him- said player was already outside. Eventually the friend ended up crouched by the window screaming and crying for mercy. I was in the van the whole time where I belong.

I can't do this. xD

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
I just played this with my gf. OMG It's really unnerving. Even though the ghost doesn't attack in the tutorial, still nerves still got to me. When you see a teddy bear just disappear and reappear somewhere else.... ahh!

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game is incredible, me and my friends absolutely LOVE it and have convinced about 5-6 new friends to get it, it's by far my multiplayer game of the year, I really cannot recommend it enough, especially if you have VR. It is rough as hell but it is absolutely terrifying.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Played again tonight and actually got 3 good games in. Game continues to be scary as shit.

dmann

Oct 27, 2017
Good to know. I'm always concern about movement in VR games. Most games I can handle but some games are unbearable to me. Since this is so cheap, I may just pick it up and give it a try.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So question cause I thinking of getting this with friends, how is voice chat handled? Is it ruined if you're in a discord call?
It is literally a game built around voice recognition by the ghost etc. I dont see how people can say using outside game voice doesn't ruin it. Half the experience is the fact while your bullshitting with friends etc. you can be pissing off the ghost to the point it says I will eat your soul now.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
It's early access so bugs are expected, but has anyone else using VR ever had an item vanish from your hands? I had a camera and was looking around and the camera just vanished, not on the ground or my belt, just gone.

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA
just tried this with friends tonight.

Damn. This is a super fun and incredibly cruel game lol.

I'm not good with horror and my buddy made me walk around with the video camera while he watched it in the truck. The front door slammed shut and i got locked in the house, panicked and hid in a hallway and cried as my friend watched a ghost approach and kill me.

Stove

Oct 27, 2017
Really great fun with friends. We've been playing drinking games with it and having a good time.

Really excited to see what this looks like a year from now.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I played this with my brother last night. Aside from the bugs, we had a blast, and it was just us two. I snapped a photo of him being killed by a Mare (I think).

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
There's absolutely no way I could play this even if I had a PC, but I have been immensely enjoying watching people play it on Youtube!

I'm always amazed by the creativity and talent of indie devs like this. SUCH a cool concept and I'm glad it's finding success!

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
I can't wait to see what changes they make. I'd love to see more moves into the ghost AI so the game isn't just find the room and set up everything in there till you have your evidence. With that said, our team felt like unkillable, unspookable profesisonals, then we have multiple extremely aggressive ghost that had us cowering in different rooms by the end of the night. This game is so good.

IceMarker

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Been watching this game a lot on Twitch, and for a VR game made by apparently one person, it is incredible. I'm looking forward to seeing how this game shapes up as development goes on, especially if the developer starts to hire outside help.

AAION

Dec 28, 2018
Can anyone recommend some good videos showing what this game is about/what makes it so good? Looks really interesting

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone recommend some good videos showing what this game is about/what makes it so good? Looks really interesting

It's really the methodical pacing combined with the atmosphere and puzzle aspects that make it work. I will say that I do find it to be more enjoyable as a co-op experience than a solo one, though. Not that you couldn't play it solo, but the panicked hysteria of multiple people is part of what makes it for me.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
I might convince a few friends to play this with, but until then - his is this solo? I'd love to give it a go in VR.

Alvaro

Feb 13, 2019
Pretty impressive if it was made by one person. This game is really good, needs some polishing that i hope it gets in the future.