• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
www.cnn.com

Biden crosses 270 threshold in CNN's Electoral College outlook for first time

Joe Biden is surging in the battle for the White House with less than four weeks to go until Election Day.

"In our latest Electoral College outlook, the Democratic presidential nominee crosses the 270 threshold for the first time this year. If you add up the states that are currently rated as solidly in his camp (203 electoral votes) and those leaning in his direction (87 electoral votes), it brings his total to 290 electoral votes."

Vote.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Just keep this up for 4 more weeks. Trump will continue to decimate his own campaign on his own.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
This relies on enough people voting to break the GOP's aggressive suppression campaign. Biden is polling great we all need to do our part in getting more people to vote Blue.

Nov 21, 2017
Don't get complacent with this graph and go and vote!

Already got my ballot in Florida and filled it out. I'm going to deliver it when polls open for early voting.

tycoonheart

Oct 25, 2017
Also this:

"Nationally, Democrats are voting in droves ahead of the election, making up more than half the ballots cast so far in states with party data available, and Republicans making up about one-quarter of the votes so far."

www.cnn.com

More than 5 million general election ballots cast so far

As Vice President Mike Pence and Sen. Kamala Harris of California meet in Salt Lake City on Wednesday night for their first and only vice presidential debate, more than 5.4 million Americans have already voted in the general election, according to a CNN and Edison Research survey of election...

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
Don't get too comfortable, R's have good ground game this time around because they just don't give a fuck about people's health. We need to get every dem leaning voter to vote in all those "lean" or "toss up" states.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweet. Can't wait to vote for the guy responsible for locking up millions of niggas that look like me.

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It really does feel like all the momentum is on Biden's side right now. I feel like we're reaching the point where it becomes self-propelled as Trump suffers the effect of people not wanting to back a "loser."

That being said, take nothing for granted. Treat things as if Biden is behind. Vote.

No.

They are just saying that if you add all of the leans and likely states up, they already reach past 270, so theoretically Biden could lose every last remaining tossup state and still win.
And he's currently leading in most of them by a statistically significant margin.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I want to see Trump get demolished. I don't care if the media has to exaggerate Trump's chances of winning to scare everyone. I want him knocked the fuck out.

Deleted member 4874

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have 0.0 optimism left. please vote in person if you can. Also, try to help those unable to vote in person at least vote by mail.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
I want a blowout. It needs to be definitive and as humiliating as possible for him and the GOP.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope things work out on election night.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Biden should not debate Trump or be around anything that has to do with him. I hope he doesn't get infected by him which I think is the only thing that could cost him this election. Nah, a Joe Biden corpse would still get more votes than Trump.

ZW33

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's starting to look more like a sure thing (unless Trump's voter suppression/foreign interference campaign is a huge success).

538 now has odds at 84% Biden 16% Trump, and Trumps odds have been dropping about a point a day.

Their electoral prediction is currently 343 to 195, and they say Biden is likely to even go above that:

projects.fivethirtyeight.com

2020 Election Forecast

Latest forecast of the 2020 presidential election between President Donald Trump and Joe Biden by Nate Silver’s FiveThirtyEight

It's really starting to feel like this could be a 350+ EV landslide for Biden.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif