• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Eh we all have seen the Psychonauts level difficulty spikes come for such people when they step out of line.

;p
LOL oh yeah, it is easy as along as you stay on script. But make no msitake you don't get second chances. Hell Omarosa didn't even go off script she just annoyed the wrong person.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great job America, your election of Trump has normalized covert racism. Heck, she isn't even being subtle if you checked her twitter post. This is why I can't take era members seriously who would complain about Biden being the nominee as anyone in the Democratic Party is better to have as President than Trump as long as they can beat him.
Trump being removed from office isn't going to cure any aspect of America's racism. Let them moles pop out the ground proudly so they're easier to wack.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Tila Tequila has some competition, it seems.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Eh we all have seen the Psychonauts level difficulty spikes come for such people when they step out of line.

;p
LOL oh yeah, it is easy as along as you stay on script. But make no msitake you don't get second chances. Hell Omarosa didn't even go off script she just annoyed the wrong person.

So when they inevitably toss her ass because she either outlived her usefulness to them or went off-script, we'll get the "Now that my old racist job won't back me and no other job will hire me because of the racism, I now understand that I was racist," speech that we always get?

Seems like whenever someone says something stupid they opt for signing up as a scapegoat and burn every bridge behind them on the way there.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
people severely underestimate the amount of conservative Asians in the country. I'm a Filipino-American, born and raised in the bay area. My family is overwhelmingly conservative and always has been. Most of the people on my shop floor in a Fremont machine shop are Vietnamese and openly conservative. When will y'all stop being utterly flabbergasted that conservative POC exist lmao.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
She'll be disposed of like the trash she is as soon as they're done with her, just like the rest of the "good ones".

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
50% chance - rising to 100% if she gets the nomination - that Trump calls Kamala Harris the n-word on national television before this is all over.

I wish this was just a ridiculous joke, but the way things are going in the USA, I can legitimately see Fox starting up some op-ed about how that word needs to come back, and then Trump will start saying it on TV, and suddenly America will be right back to the 1960s when it was still okay to use that word, and kids will be taught in school, "It's fine, if the black kids don't like it, they can leave."

It's really crazy how quickly the USA is sliding backwards by decades in just three years.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
As a minority, does anyone else feel extra angry when someone of their own ethnicity buys into this racist trash? I mean, yeah, I get angry at regular old racists too, but Asian racists piss me off more because they're also used as human shields by those in power.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
So when they inevitably toss her ass because she either outlived her usefulness to them or went off-script, we'll get the "Now that my old racist job won't back me and no other job will hire me because of the racism, I now understand that I was racist," speech that we always get?

Seems like whenever someone says something stupid they opt for signing up as a scapegoat and burn every bridge behind them on the way there.
Anyone seen Sheriff Clarke? *googles*
www.thedailybeast.com

Fox News Quietly Ditched Trump-Loving Sheriff David Clarke

The infamous firebrand hasn’t appeared on Fox in more than a year and he no longer works for the pro-Trump super PAC that hired him to do media.
The infamous firebrand hasn't appeared on Fox in more than a year and he no longer works for the pro-Trump super PAC that hired him to do media.

Damn another one that proves the rule

Bonafide

Oct 11, 2018
It's not surprise, it's frustration

this is why i think framing the main conflict in this country as it being across race lines instead of class is a big mistake because it always gives conservatives (rep and dem) an out. thinking that because someone is a "minority" or "POC" that they're progressive is a set up for a setup.

"Our policies can't be bad, look at my black/asian/whatever friends that support us!"

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
As a minority, does anyone else feel extra angry when someone of their own ethnicity buys into this racist trash? I mean, yeah, I get angry at regular old racists too, but Asian racists piss me off more because they're also used as human shields by those in power.

You aren't alone. Nobody likes a kapo, after all. And that may seem hyperbolic but we've got Latino ICE agents overseeing kids in camps, so like... we're pretty close.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone seen Sheriff Clarke? *googles*

In a lengthy note to The Daily Beast from Clarke's email address, an unnamed "assistant" to the sheriff wrote that after years of appearing as a "guest host" on Fox, he spoke to Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott in late 2017 about becoming a paid contributor, "no longer wanting to work for free for them while they made money on ratings off of him."

According to Clarke's "assistant," the sheriff then never heard again from Scott or any Fox News producers
. Because of this, the sheriff senses a left-wing conspiracy at play. "It may have had something to do with the very liberal Rupert Murdoch boy taking over after Roger Ailes and Bill Shine, who was in charge of programming, were let go. Ailes and Bill Shine liked the sheriff," Clarke's rep wrote.

LOL seems like you're useful to them until you want to get paid.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
You aren't alone. Nobody likes a kapo, after all. And that may seem hyperbolic but we've got Latino ICE agents overseeing kids in camps, so like... we're pretty close.

What's worse is that I definitely see a lot of Asians feel like they're better than other minorities. These assholes buy into the model minority shit and therefore they're better than other minorities. This is absolutely disgusting. I think a lot of Asians would proudly vote for Trump, too.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
people severely underestimate the amount of conservative Asians in the country. I'm a Filipino-American, born and raised in the bay area. My family is overwhelmingly conservative and always has been. Most of the people on my shop floor in a Fremont machine shop are Vietnamese and openly conservative. When will y'all stop being utterly flabbergasted that conservative POC exist lmao.

Well there are certainly many liberals who seem to take that for granted but many of us already know if Republicans weren't virulently racist they would be picking up a majority of black folk because the percentage of Democrat blacks who are conservative outnumber liberal blacks by a large margin.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

most minorities are socially conservative but modern, republican, conservatism is deeply rooted in racism

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
most minorities are socially conservative but modern, republican, conservatism is deeply rooted in racism

We have this problem in Canada. We are a very immigrant friendly country and yet a lot of immigrants vote Conservative because progressive education will make their kids gay etc.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
any other Asian peeps in this thread willing to share some insight on family or just other local Asian people with regards to political alignment? Pretty curious now.

Oct 27, 2017
any other Asian peeps in this thread willing to share some insight on family or just other local Asian people with regards to political alignment? Pretty curious now.

I remember having dinner with my wife at a Korean restaurant and a group of Asian people next to us were talking about how great Trump was. This was in Toronto.

I know of several Vietnamese acquaintances back home in California who are Trumpers. A couple at one point I would have even called friends until they started hawking conspiracy theories and espousing their gun collection.

I have a batshit insane cousin who is also a Trumper in Houston. He's a philanderer.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think this hard turn into racist branding is a winning GE strat. HIs base will like it but he's running unopposed. I don't get it.

This isn't a turn. Racism is why he won.

I remember having dinner with my wife at a Korean restaurant and a group of Asian people next to us were talking about how great Trump was. This was in Toronto.

I know of several Vietnamese acquaintances back home in California who are Trumpers. A couple at one point I would have even called friends until they started hawking conspiracy theories and espousing their gun collection.

I have a batshit insane cousin who is also a Trumper in Houston. He's a philanderer.

That being said, even Trump's racism may be a bridge too far for conservative minorities. (See: Republicans losing in Orange County in 2018.)

Last edited:

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017

My uncle voted for Trump, but as far as I can tell, he's nothing like your average Trumper. Doesn't mean that he's a good or smart person, because he barely knows any English. The fact that he can't even grasp what Trump is or how the US political system works but voted for him shows why we need education. Hell, my parents told me to vote Trump too because they're not citizens. I told them to go fuck themselves. Now they're bashing Trump everyday after all the shit that Trump is doing. So... yay?

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas

I only have one Vietnamese woman friend (I don't have a lot of friends in general), but it was kinda shocking to me when I found out how big of a Trump fan she was. She's in her mid 40s and her parents migrated to the US after the Vietnam war. It's bonkers

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Racist, homophobic, and stupid.

She's definitely qualified!

P.S. Her faux eyebrows are hilariously awful.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
[
I only have one Vietnamese woman friend (I don't have a lot of friends in general), but it was kinda shocking to me when I found out how big of a Trump fan she was. She's in her mid 40s and her parents migrated to the US after the Vietnam war. It's bonkers

I would imagine for many of the same reasons many Cubans support Trump. Vietnam is a communist, single party state. Trump is seen as a "success" of modern capitalism.

Deleted member 4452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MAGA = the good old days of internment camps, lynching of Asians, and banning Asian immigration. Sigh.
I would imagine for many of the same reasons many Cubans support Trump. Vietnam is a communist, single party state. Trump is seen as a "success" of modern capitalism.
Cubans and Vietnamese being against immigration/refugees fleeing desperate situations is peak 'F you, got mine'.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Racism and white supremacy can have a hold on all groups of people. Shes is no exception to this,
She's "One of the good ones". For now, until they don't have a use for her anymore.

CaptSpaulding

Banned
Jul 13, 2019

I think Asians are actually the most progressive voting racial group, second only to blacks. I think it's because they congregate mostly in large coastal cities that tend to be progressive.

There are some exceptions of course:
I know a few conservative asians, and (no surprise) they tend to be quite wealthy or are businessmen.
Another strange exception are Vietnamese, I think it's just because like Cubans they are staunchly anti-communist.
Also I don't know the details about this Michigan girl, but my guess she is from a wealthy family, and might be Taiwanese who also tend to be anti-communist.
Maybe that's why she turned out to be a traitor to her race.

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Indian here in Los Angeles. Most of my family and relatives vote conservative. They're fully on the Modi "limited government " train and very much have a "f*** you, got mine" mentality. There are some exceptions in my family but that is the general case.

Same applies to most of my family in London. Hardcore Tory voters. They love Boris!