• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Fox will get around this like they typically do. "These are just opinions and do not reflect the beliefs of the broadcaster."

Has worked for Tucker and Hannity a few times. IIRC
They weren't opinions and went into defamation. I think you could even find actual malice or reckless disregard here with many of their own personalities statements

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Yeah they aren't going to settle. They pretty easily hit the "Actual Malice" threshold and this isn't about money entirely. This is about thier reputation being dragged through the mud making it harder for them to get new business.

They need to win the lawsuits to prove that they are safe to do business with.

JustinBailey

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even if they don't win so much dirt is going to come out as a result of this lawsuit.

This is not where they want to be.

Fox execs are going to have to answer a lot of very difficult questions about their behavior.

Unlike a lot of stories we jump on here I think this is going to be a big deal.
Oh yeah I'm sure they'll get a lot of questions and they'll be penalized with a slap on the wrist for what they've done.

They should be fined 80% of their net worth, and jailed for many years IMO.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
Like with Seth Rich, Fox will settle as long as they don't have to publicly apologize on air.
I doubt it. Settlement when it comes to image damage doesn't do jack shit. They have to drag them publicly in courts. I actually believe that the lawsuits against these grifters is actually strong. So let's hope for maximum law hammers on these traitors.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Fox News and OANN trying to moderate after the fact is the most hilarious and obvious part of it all. Zero shame.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Fox News and OANN trying to moderate after the fact is the most hilarious and obvious part of it all. Zero shame.

Newsmax is the worst at trying to pretend that they care about walking it back. They brought on Lindell to talk about his ban from Twitter, in which he was banned for continuing to push election fraud conspiracy theories, and then acted surprised at him when he started talking about election fraud conspiracy theories. That's all he does.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's more about their tarnished image.

Yep. I don't know how any company could recover from this. Even if Fox spent the rest of their existence having to start and end every show with a message about them making this all up, it's too late. The damage is done and the crazies won't listen. Any time these voting machines are used again, there will be a massive amount of people who will cry fraud.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Is this the type of lawsuit that uses a jury for the trial? And if so, is it actually possible to get a jury that won't be compromised somehow with people saying "I don't care what evidence you give me, stop the steal, Trump is President"?

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah I'm sure they'll get a lot of questions and they'll be penalized with a slap on the wrist for what they've done.

They should be fined 80% of their net worth, and jailed for many years IMO.
The facts will come out during this trial. That is the exciting part.

We have to wait on the evidence to see what an appropriate penalty should be.

But these people should all be worried.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
I imagine that there'll be some juicy answers when the "was this coordinated and by whom" question comes up. Discovery might fuck up a few people uuuup 🤔

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
That's great, except none of the information that comes out of the trial will reach their brainwashed audience. Fox will probably launch a disinfo campaign about their disinfo campaign. And even if Fox was closed down, it would only make the even more irresponsible OAN and Newsmax carry more weight with the GOP, pushing the base even further right and into conspiracy land.

We need systemic reforms of journalism in America. I'm not talking about free speech, but they should be required to have messages at the start of every show stating that they are not a news outlet. Just like cigarettes, they are a danger to public health and should be labeled as such.

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
The first sentence of the lawsuit is "The Earth is round".
Now I expect a lawyer to argue there's still a debate about that.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone says that until someone writes a $250 million check with an NDA attached.
I mean assuming it isn't about a big payday, and they actually mean what they say about democracy...they know Fox will do this again. Except the next time it could be enough to actually work. I feel like this is bigger than a payoff.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't it going to be hard to prove that Fox News intentionally lied about it?

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
195.png

Good, those fucker should pay for all the damage have done to USA

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
THis will result in less than nothing.

But it'll be fun to watch for like, a week, before it's quietly settled out of court.

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
No way fox gets out of having to publicly admit fault in any settlement. The only way Dominion survives as a company by their own description is if the perpetrators of the lies are severely punished and their lies highlighted as such. Without that nobody will want to work with the company again.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Still amazing to think about how Giuliani could have been remembered as the 9/11 mayor instead of an insurrection-inciting scumbag lunatic.