• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nilson

Nov 5, 2017
Lol prosecuting the kkk? Are you serious? You weren't before? And conflating the kkk with "antifa" ? What a joke. Don't give him any props saying "well I like that he's willing to prosecute the kkk"

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Can't help feel this "platinum" thing is just a pretext for Trump to try to connect antifa with the KKK in the public discourse.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Juneteenth as a holiday and going after the kkk is good though.

These are also things Trump would never do. This isn't a bill he's signing, it's an empty promise to try and gain a few votes.

He doesn't deserve credit for knowing a couple of things his opponents want to hear.

He's also said, over and over, that he has a health plan, and its one point: protecting pre-existing conditions. He has no plan, and literally has a lawsuit pending in the Supreme Court to do the exact opposite.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Trump is flailing, he's knows he's losing in the polls so he's trying every dirty trick to stay in office.

Peerless

Sep 10, 2018
And the people who participated in those criminal conspiracies are liable for it.

But it's not a crime to merely belong to an organization (domestically). You can't try someone solely for being a mafioso either, you have to link them to a specific criminal offense.

Why the fuck does it matter if the Klan has only killed "less than a hundred thousand people." Who tf cares about the number? Even if somehow only one black person was targeted by the KKK, they should still be gone after. Even if there are more relevant groups out there in the current day, no one is saying "just target this one group, the others do not matter." Fighting white supremacists should be a effort that does not have a specific endpoint. There will always be new groups out there who will take the mantle of white supremacy. They should be constantly monitored and trampled every time they start to rise. Fighting white supremacy is a never-ending battle that should be a one-and-done effort.

Also, even if it is not against the law that people who merely belong to an organization aren't liable for it.....who cares? Honestly that shouldn't be a roadblock. If a law is bad, then it should be changed to fit with current times. Just because something is not right legally does not mean that it is right morally.

And before you reply saying "...but they'll just target antifa/BLM too," well, that's already been happening? I guarantee that has already happened to Black activists both in the past and in the present. We gotta stop worrying about what the other side will do, because I guarantee they have already helped orchestrate terrible things to minority activists, even if things have not been officially put into law.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
Anitfa really should've called themselves Antifascists. I know this amounts to victim blaming, but I'd rather everyone who tries to demonize Antifa had to actually say ANTI FASCISTS are bad with a straight face.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
he'll use it as an excuse to go hardcore into antifa, and won't touch the klan because he can never find them.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad someone's finally speaking about the true source of all anti-black racism: antifa.

I'll never understand what some people have against an anti-fascist. They're against fascism. That's a good thing.

The doublethink mechanism of trumpers now dictates that antifa are the real fascists, or something. Also that they are responsible for every bad thing under the sun: deaths during protests, california fires, the impending destruction of america by commies working in the shadow, and the murder of the christian God.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Why not do something right now instead of promising something only if he wins?
Right? Black peoples have been asking for this country to treat the KKK as the threat it is since Antebellum and haven't been listened to. The idea that prosecuting a genocidal organization (one he resisted condemning back when they were at the center of the harm caused in Charlottesville) should be some incentive dependent on endorsement is fucking gross.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Completely meaningless. Just like everything else he does, he's just blowing wind in the faces of the people whose attention he wants at that particular moment. He has no intention of actually doing any of it.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Putting KKK and Antifa in the same section of bad is quite literally the same as when he said "there were fine people on both sides."

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Antifa literally isn't an organization so i don't understand how he intends to do this. Also, yknow, anti-fascism should be the norm sooo..
Juneteenth as a holiday and going after the kkk is good though.

The right's hate over Antifa is funny. You want to be Antifa? Just say you are. Boom. There's no leader, no structure. And what the movement is fighting against is literally fascists. How can anyone think that's bad? When I see right wingers complaining about them I wonder "what you mothers like nazis?". How can you be against fighting nazis?

Anywho, I voted early in person straight down the Democrat line. Did my part. Hoping for the best.

Mulberry

Oct 28, 2017
How bout starting with arresting the cops that murdered Breanna Taylor on federal charges? Didn't think so.

Why the fuck does it matter if the Klan has only killed "less than a hundred thousand people."
In terms of assessing the moral depravity of the Klan (which is of course beyond question), it doesn't matter at all. I was merely saying that it isn't a remotely accurate figure. I'm a historian (or was, before I became a lawyer).

Also, even if it is not against the law that people who merely belong to an organization aren't liable for it.....who cares? Honestly that shouldn't be a roadblock. If a law is bad, then it should be changed to fit with current times. Just because something is not right legally does not mean that it is right morally.
I don't object to proposing to change the law (though it's open to question whether the US Constitution would allow it, if the people wish it it's worth finding out). I was attempting to answer the question some were asking in here as to what current US law is regarding membership in organizations. And further, explain why such a law isn't something that liberals have heretofore been pushing for, because there are a misconceptions in existence about both.

You saw this also in a petition that was circulating a month or two ago calling for the State Department to designate the KKK as a terrorist organization under the Immigration and Nationality Act.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
Seeing sewage dumps like /pol/ melting down over this has been a great source of entertainment

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing sewage dumps like /pol/ melting down over this has been a great source of entertainment

Do they not even realize how they're own beloved conman works his schemes and how this as much of a load of shit as his early "support" of the LGBTQ+ community? They aren't this fucking dumb.... right?

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
He's called BLM supporters "Antifa".

So his "plan for black people" is to jail BLM supporters.

This sounds more like a threat that if you vote for him he's going to throw you in jail for protesting for your rights.

No, no, no, you misunderstand. He just intends to root out all the uppity ones. Once they are gone, good docile black folks will be better off than ever. Nobody has ever done more fo-- oh fuck it lol.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That name, I can't decide whether it speaks to Trump being a racist piece of shit or the tackiest motherfucker on Earth. Another case of whynotboth.gif

Oct 28, 2017
Siloam Springs
White People have this need to have concrete details in order to take something in or consider a viewpoint but that will never be the case for racism. It is not like the KKK kept some detailed to the tee list of everyone they killed

That is the right's argument for everything. They've been working on it for 60+ years at this point. They would argue "trust common sense" doesn't have the data to back it up if you used the common sense approach.