• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
I just finally received my $600 and the check from the state last week after reapplying. This is after weeks of BS dealing with FLDEO on my original claim.

I mean, I havent gotten shit in over a month. I accidentally logged in to claim with a VPN on and they thought i was out of the country. Filled out a questionairre they gave me... and just no response for over a month and no money. Can't reach anyone on the phone and theres only automated responses to online inquiries. Shits still a shit show either way.

Get in contact with your representatives and tell them your situation.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I just finally received my $600 and the check from the state last week after reapplying. This is after weeks of BS dealing with FLDEO on my original claim.

Get in contact with your representatives and tell them your situation.
Do you think that'll really help? That wouldnt have crossed my mind at all as I assumed they wouldnt be dealing with an individual problem like that.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I'd have been in the millions who missed a mortgage payment if not for blind luck. Hopefully they realize these measures are the only things keeping the economy humming and extend them for enough people.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pissed because my department at work been working 40hrs (now actually switching to mandatory 12hrs/4days) meanwhile a couple other departments been working 30-32 hrs and has been getting the extra $600 in addition all this time. They didn't do the rules of this thing very well -.-

But they really should be extending this for those that are dependent on it, I know people who still are fucked on their jobs and it's only going to get worse with how idiotic people have been with these half-ass quarantine's just leading to it constantly re-surging.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Sure would be nice to hear some movement on this today. Lowering it to 450 is honestly the best case scenario in terms of likelihood at this point so that's what I'm hoping for I guess.

walkinfast

Aug 24, 2019
They absolutely need to get this extended. There is no excuse.

And if I'm going to be cynical about it, putting aside that Americans need the money, wouldn't Republicans be smart to push through an extension without a fight simply because it will make them look a bit better in November?

If they were smart, they would extend it without a fight.

If they refuse to extend it, Democrats need to hammer the message far and wide that it's the GOP's fault it's not being extended.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WTF?!?! Senate should've cut short this recess, the country is going through a pandemic and needs immediate assistance.
I was just going to say the same for the person that you quoted. Nothing like a nice two and half week vacation while your country is burning!
Get this, they are only gonna be back in session for about 3 weeks before going on another vacation for a month.

In regards to this topic, Republicans will pass something at the last second after blaming Democrats for not wanting to help people despite the fact the House already passed the Heroes Act to help and McConnell won't bring it for a vote.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
They absolutely need to get this extended. There is no excuse.

And if I'm going to be cynical about it, putting aside that Americans need the money, wouldn't Republicans be smart to push through an extension without a fight simply because it will make them look a bit better in November?
You say this as though giving us serfs money isn't completely antithetical to their worldview.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
It's like they're trying to create a powder keg. You think the last bunch of protests were bad?

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Get this, they are only gonna be back in session for about 3 weeks before going on another vacation for a month.

In regards to this topic, Republicans will pass something at the last second after blaming Democrats for not wanting to help people despite the fact the House already passed the Heroes Act to help and McConnell won't bring it for a vote.

What the fuck?!?! These fucking Republicans in the Senate has decided to only do 3 weeks of "work" then go on a full month vacation during the pandemic?!?! Fuck off!!!

We really need a Democratic controlled Senate, House and Biden as President to vastly improve things.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck?!?! These fucking Republicans in the Senate has decided to only do 3 weeks of "work" then go on a full month vacation during the pandemic?!?! Fuck off!!!

We really need a Democratic controlled Senate, House and Biden as President to vastly improve things.
Pelosi has said she's willing to delay the August recess to get something passed, but Democrats in the House already passed a bill in May to extend benefits to January and McConnell refuses to bring it to a vote and he never gets any pushback or heat for it from the media. Democrats really aren't on tv yelling about it either like Republicans do whenever they show up to shows

www.cnbc.com

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi says she would delay August recess to pass coronavirus relief bill

Congress looks to pass a coronavirus relief bill as millions of Americans are set to lose the $600 per week federal unemployment benefit.

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pelosi has said she's willing to delay the August recess to get something passed, but Democrats in the House already passed a bill in May to extend benefits to January and McConnell refuses to bring it to a vote and he never gets any pushback or heat for it from the media. Democrats really aren't on tv yelling about it either like Republicans do whenever they show up to shows

www.cnbc.com

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi says she would delay August recess to pass coronavirus relief bill

Congress looks to pass a coronavirus relief bill as millions of Americans are set to lose the $600 per week federal unemployment benefit.

Yep, there are so many Democratic-drafted bills that would vastly improve a lot of things that are just sitting on McConnell's desk.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
User Banned (2 Weeks): Concern Trolling
I was always a little bitter about the extra $600 a week. Mostly because I still had to work. But I always try to not think people are scamming and genuinely needed it. Although, I do know folks that purposely got let go, so they could not work, get paid unemployment, get the extra $600 and make more than if they were working.

Again, in the end, I'm for people being assisted. I just wish there were less scammers. It's why stores have to now weigh babies for families that get free formula. People were selling formula.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017

Nothing like booting people off UI and pushing for payroll tax cuts to benefit those who probably don't have a job to to back to while a looming eviction crisis stares us in the face. August is going to be something else for sure.

https://www.mlive.com/public-intere...000-eviction-cases-as-moratorium-expires.html

Rachel Wells did not want to relocate her family in the middle of a global pandemic, but after falling behind on rent and falling out with her landlord, she had to move.

After her husband was laid off from work, the couple, owing $600 in back rent, moved from their rental home in Flint to a new residence in Clio.

"We had no money. We were getting food from pantries. It was really hard," said Wells, 39. "If (the landlord) takes us to court I'm going to fight her on it."

Wells may be among the tens of thousands of Michigan tenants about to face court cases over unpaid rent.

The economic effects of the COVID-19 pandemic could dramatically raise the number of eviction cases filed in Michigan this year, and the courts, the governor's office, local advocacy groups, landlords and tenants are scrambling to prepare.

"We're expecting there to be at least 80,000 backlogged eviction cases when this is over," said Kyle Lawrey, a housing attorney for Legal Services of Eastern Michigan who's expecting his phone to be "ringing off the hook" after Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's moratorium on evictions expires Thursday, July 15.

PinaColada

Oct 27, 2017
I was always a little bitter about the extra $600 a week. Mostly because I still had to work. But I always try to not think people are scamming and genuinely needed it. Although, I do know folks that purposely got let go, so they could not work, get paid unemployment, get the extra $600 and make more than if they were working.

Again, in the end, I'm for people being assisted. I just wish there were less scammers. It's why stores have to now weigh babies for families that get free formula. People were selling formula.
This is literally just another regurgitation of Reagan's "welfare queen" crap. There are always bad apples but the majority have and do need this money.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ

kindly, fuck off

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm interested to see what number they finally come to, there is no way it'll be $600 a month again, GOP is gonna want it to be like $100-$200 or something paultry, I wonder how high the Dems can get them to go. What sucks is the weeks it takes to hammer this out where people's incomes are going to drop off of a cliff because this is going to be a dogfight.

Oct 27, 2017
I was just going to say the same for the person that you quoted. Nothing like a nice two and half week vacation while your country is burning!

Imagine being elected to a position where you can then ignore the people that voted, take care of the companies that donated to your campaign, then go on vacation for 3 weeks without doing anything to take vacation from.

Snake Eater

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So do the people of Kentucky who will vote again for McConnell not collect unemployment?

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

What the fuck is this post?

Saiyaman

Dec 19, 2017
Well I sure as fuck am not going back to work here in South Florida. I've banked most of the $600 I've been receiving I should be able to coast on bills for awhile.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017

It's a good thing people feel like they can afford to be let go and not have to go to work just to survive in the middle of the pandemic.

Also like, even if 20% of people were making fraudulent claims (which would be insanely high), that still leaves 20 million people who need the money. The risk of people getting money they might not need really does not matter in the face of so many people who desperately need it.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma

I really wish people would stop spreading this nonsense as if its some widespread thing. The grand majority do need this just to get by.

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck is this post?
It's Bullshit. Yea, some people take advantage. Boo fucking hoo. I've worked the whole pandemic and support every dime of this and hope it continues. People need this money. The rich been scamming up way more money than the crumbs the government has passed out to regular folk.

Roge_NES

Feb 18, 2018
So just to clarify, receivers will only get Payment for the 7/19 to 7/25 week and nothing for the 7/26 to 7/31 week just because it's one day less and it ends on a Friday?

PawPrints

Oct 30, 2017

only the rich should be able to scam the govt outright!

look at these little lucky duckies lining up for unemployment benefits

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I can't even imagine being privileged enough to peddle this conspiracy bullshit.

Deleted member 925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Dude, shut up.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017

Really it should have just been $600 extra week for everyone if they were working or not, though there's no way Republicans would vote on a bill with that level of UBI for the entire country.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017

If people picked their ui payment over going to work, it shows how poorly the work paid..... good on them for making a choice that puts them in a better position economically for 6 months.

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely bonkers. Pandemic raging, payments stop, evictions ban stopped. It's going to get bad.

Snake Eater

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

who are the scammers?

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
If people picked their ui payment over going to work, it shows how poorly the work paid..... good on them for making a choice that puts them in a better position economically for 6 months.

Agreed. I was really hoping this would be the wakeup call people need to realize they are HORRIBLY underpaid. Not looking like its the case unfortunately. Seems like more folk are just pissed at those who recieved the money than there are at the employers that pay them fuck all.