• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I don't know about the rest of you, but I get pretty fucking aroused when Trump or someone in his orbit catches an L so maybe this guy is on to something.

They've been fucking edging me for years with promises of consequences

You're goddamn right I'm gonna get a thrill out of it if this takes them all down

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
ivLxIwD.jpg

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
Case in point:

View: https://twitter.com/MZanona/status/1557132834577518595

They're so fucking stupid. They had the right idea, threatening him to keep him from announcing before the mid-terms (kind of, good chance he would have still done it in a baby rage tantrum) but now they're strapping him even tighter to their side.

Why would Trump announcing that he will run be beneficial? He only has executive privileges when he is in office and tons of shit can happen before 2024

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
Why would Trump announcing that he will run be beneficial? He only has executive privileges when he is in office and tons of shit can happen before 2024

Tightening his connection to the party further so that they are forced to shield him harder from all legal and financial consequences would be my guess.

May 21, 2018
Case in point:

View: https://twitter.com/MZanona/status/1557132834577518595

They're so fucking stupid. They had the right idea, threatening him to keep him from announcing before the mid-terms (kind of, good chance he would have still done it in a baby rage tantrum) but now they're strapping him even tighter to their side.

If Trump runs again there's no way he wins. Even more people are done with him now than in 2020. So in a way this would be a favorable outcome for sane people, versus DeSantis running for president.

Though if he goes to jail and gets barred from public office, I'd be good with that too.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
They think that by him being a candidate the FBI will think "we don't want to influence an election outcome" and drop any investigations.
Are they forgetting the amount of shit they raised that led to an active investigation of a sitting cabinet member that was running for office, and not only did the FBI do an investigation, they announced the results live on TV?

kittenbreath

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Honestly I imagine it's more about heading off potential primary challengers at this point. Every elected R is reaping the maga outrage over this for their own narrow interests, but that just makes it harder for them to claim that they would be a better nominee than trump later.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018

They want to be handled with kid gloves at all times yet have absolutely no problem beating the ever-living shit and tear gassing peaceful protesters.
Of all the assholes hilariously defending agent orange, this is my favorite.

View: https://twitter.com/realBlagojevich/status/1556791898823589891

I thought that asshole was still in prison.

Yeah, he was. Trump let him out.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Well, quite a few wars in history have been fought on religious grounds, and they do think Trump is a god.

Oct 25, 2017

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
Boggles my mind. Same with Tucker Carlson. Even putting his hateful bullshit aside, the guy has the most obnoxious delivery in the business

The number of white people agreeing with him is hilarious.

Nola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Said it yesterday jokingly(but serious too)
"Do you really doubt that the deep state Dems and their corrupt cronies at the FBI didn't just plant that evidence? They already tried to keep him from being president, they tried to take his presidency away, and they stole the election! Come on now, it's obvious sheeple!!"
I think people deeply underestimate how far down the rabbit hole 35-40% of this country is. It's why these seemingly outrageous Fox News talking points work.​

these people, more than any other group, are conditioned to bend facts however they need to be bent to support their emotions. It's what Fox News and social media has done to their brains.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

D.C. Circuit Rules Against Trump in Tax Return Dispute: Ex-Presidents Are 'Subject to the Same Laws as All Other Citizens'

A congressional committee may gain access to former president Donald Trump's tax returns, a federal court of appeals in Washington, D.C. ruled on Tuesday afternoon.
In a unanimous ruling, a three-judge panel on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit ruled against various Trump-related parties who have long sought to keep the 45th president's financial documents under lock and key. The 33-page opinion is a significant victory for Democrats on the U.S. House of Representatives Ways and Means Committee, who have, for years, tried to obtain Trump's tax returns and other information in the name of oversight and lawmaking.
"[E]very President takes office knowing that he will be subject to the same laws as all other citizens upon leaving office," Ronald Reagan-appointed U.S. Circuit Judge David B. Sentelle wrote. "This is a feature of our democratic republic, not a bug."
Judge Karen LeCraft Henderson, a George H.W. Bush appointee, joined Sentelle in the opinion; Judge Robert L. Wilkins, a Barack Obama appointee, concurred in part and concurred with the judgment. The ruling upholds the decision of Trump-appointed U.S. District Judge Trevor McFadden ruled against the former president as well.

lawandcrime.com

D.C. Circuit Rules Against Trump in Tax Return Dispute: Ex-Presidents Are 'Subject to the Same Laws as All Other Citizens'

"Congressional investigations sometimes expose the private information of the entities, organizations, and individuals that they investigate," court ruled.

After Losing in Court, Donald Trump's 2016 Campaign Abandons Confidentiality Provisions That Silenced Workers

The legal team behind Donald Trump's 2016 campaign will no longer seek to punish workers who speak publicly about their time working to get the former president elected.
The campaign's reversal came after a judge voided their non-disclosure agreements as "vague and indefinite." Trump's legal team quickly jockeyed to seek a litigation advantage from their concession toward its workers on Tuesday.
Lawyers for Donald J. Trump for President, Inc. — now known as the Make America Great Again PAC — disclosed the concession in a letter filed in court on Tuesday. In that letter, the lawyers asked U.S. District Judge Paul G. Gardephe, a George W. Bush appointee, for a conference to discuss the campaign's "intended motion" to dismiss the lawsuit brought by Jessica Denson, who had previously led the campaign's Hispanic outreach efforts.

In Tuesday's letter, attorneys Jared Blumetti and Patrick McPartland shared language from a declaration filed in June by Bradley T. Crate, the treasurer of the Make America Great Again PAC, the new title of the organization previously known as Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.
"We're pleased the Campaign now understands that its NDA is illegal and has agreed not to attempt to enforce it ever again," attorney David Bowles, who represents Denson, told Law&Crime in an email. "But today's letter is not legally binding, and therefore doesn't resolve our lawsuit. We are continuing to press forward on behalf of Lead Plaintiff Jessica Denson and everyone who signed this NDA to ensure that no one can attempt to enforce this illegal contract. It's necessary that we do so because this NDA poses a profound danger to constitutionally protected rights of free speech and threatens to cut off public access to critical information about candidates for public office and public officials."

lawandcrime.com

After Losing in Court, Donald Trump's 2016 Campaign Abandons Confidentiality Provisions That Silenced Workers

The legal team behind Donald Trump's 2016 campaign will no longer seek to punish workers who speak publicly about their time working to get the former president elected.